Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    True, but I think the other fact is that they have to make the films stand out. And with every studio creating films that look very similar these days, change is needed.

I mean, look at Empire Strikes Back. That's one of the few films where the big battle happens at the beginning of the film, and everything after that is just personal journey.
    Sure, some movies will stand out above the rest. Doesn't make the rest bad. Sometimes it's not about breaking the mold; sometimes you just wanna laugh, or cry, or cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Sure, some movies will stand out above the rest. Doesn't make the rest bad. Sometimes it's not about breaking the mold; sometimes you just wanna laugh, or cry, or cheer.
    Still, I'm very doubtful of Age of Ultron. We had enough fighting robots these days.

I hope that any comic movie is good. It means we'll get more, and it helps keep the comics afloat. Same with the TV shows.

I have to say, all fandom aside, I don't see how you can draw the conclusion that DC/WB will outdo Marvel's cinematic Universe. The Nolan Batman movies are great...but they've decided to treat those as separate. Not exactly sure why, but that's what they've decided. Green Lantern was pretty bad. I wanted to like that movie, and it had a few things going for it (most notably Mark Strong) but ultimately it fell flat.

Man of Steel was decent. I enjoyed some of the fight scenes and some of the performances. But it just failed to give me any sense of wonder or idealism that Superman should inspire.

I feel like Age of Ultron seems much more likely to be good than Batman Vs. Superman. In my opinion WB seems to be in a big rush to get to the big JLA movie. So now they're cramming a bunch of characters into what was originally going to be Superman's sequel....Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Robin at the very least.

That's in their second movie. Marvel had 5 movies with 4 main characters, and 2 guest stars, and Nick Fury appearing here and there. They let each franchise establish itself first before throwing them all together.

WB seems like they're scrambling to catch up.

I'm sure the movie will make a ton of money, but I am less sure it'll be good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    But you don't have to have stale, formulaic movies for people to do those things. In fact, I would argue that if you want to laugh, cry, or cheer, a formulaic movie isn't what you should see.

I think there's a great potential for the bubble bursting. Earlier this year you had Cap 2, ASM 2, and X-Men DOFP in theaters all within a month, month in a half of each other. The worst thing you can do is have people choose. That's an easy way to have movies in the genre fail (like ASM 2 not doing as well as expected). Idk about the rest of you guys but I don't go to the movies 3 times in two months.

Oversaturation will definitely hurt, its only a matter of time.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    I think there's a great potential for the bubble bursting. Earlier this year you had Cap 2, ASM 2, and X-Men DOFP in theaters all within a month, month in a half of each other. The worst thing you can do is have people choose. That's an easy way to have movies in the genre fail (like ASM 2 not doing as well as expected). Idk about the rest of you guys but I don't go to the movies 3 times in two months.

Oversaturation will definitely hurt, its only a matter of time.
    I'm already feeling overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, I love that superheroes are in vogue but I feel like I'm being pummeled to death by film after film. If a lifelong comic book fan has these feelings, I have little doubt that non-fans are increasingly having this feeling. Quality films will sustain the trend but as time goes on, a backlash will be more likely.

BANNED

Still, I'm very doubtful of Age of Ultron. We had enough fighting robots these days.
    I mean, don't watch a Transformer movie. Kinda solves the problem right there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    But you don't have to have stale, formulaic movies for people to do those things. In fact, I would argue that if you want to laugh, cry, or cheer, a formulaic movie isn't what you should see.
    I'm not sure every movie is suddenly stale and formulaic if it's not outrageously innovative.

[QUOTE=boredmonkey;642965]if there is a thread like this already...please direct me to it..[Quote]
    Hope not
    Quote Originally Posted by boredmonkey View Post
    so who thinks DC will take away the spotlight when their first movie drops?
    It’s already happened, Man of Steel was the first movie in the DC cinematic universe and I don’t recall DC stealing any spotlight
    how long can marvel drag on the meagre avengers line up?
    The contracts for the current cast are up, heck Chris Evans is retiring from acting in 2017 after he has finished his obligations to marvel.
    will civil war succeed? even with antman there won't be enough characters to justify that title
    If it’s a straight adaption, we aren’t sure what storyline Cap 3 will have, only that there will be a conflict between Cap and Iron Man
    will marvel finally acknowledge that they don't have many characters and give a date to end their movies?
    No because that would be stupid never mind that they have more than enough characters
    The main six avengers (from avengers)
    Vision. Quicksilver, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Daredevil(after his Netflix series) Luke Cage, Iron Fist Jessica Jones Misty Knight Coleen Wing, Cloak & Dagger, Runaways, Guardians of the Galaxy, Adam Warlock, Martyr, Moondragon, Manti, Young Avengers that seems plenty to me.
    and please god will we they ever stop with the constant advertising and hyping every week!!
    What hype they relaise news or news is leaked. A0U is hyped by fans from what I understand.
    its so annoying! the age of ultron trailer was so much hyped..but why??? we have known about it for more than a year, we will.watch the movie even if they don't do any advertising....
    Because they wanted control as the trailer was actually leaked.
    and please cancel the agents of shield show! its sad it feels like a patient on life support..
    Why would they cancel a show that just premiered not that long ago.
    the CBS show Person of Interest is more exciting than this...it has espionage,action,,sci fi and every big villain is a bad ass..unlike shield .
    Is that what you were promised going in

.I waited all season 1 but no shield uniforms..no crazy villains even hydra is lame.
    Pretty sure May was wearing a shield uniform or I could be wrong about that, you do realize that the hydra in the show is the same hydra from Winter Solider.

the winter soldier movie was more exciting.. decent dialogues and nice visuals showing the scale of shield and hydra...while the TV show feels like a mediocre CIA show.
    Please tell me you didn’t compare a blockbuster film to a tv show, im hoping you didn’t

I don't care about coulson and his team I want the world that shield is trying to protect, the terrorists organisations with crazy but cool names not lame like centipede or cockroach or slug!!
    Look dude for crying out loud even the producers admit that they were tied by what they could and couldn’t do because they were doing a tie in to the Winter Solider. The premise of the show clearly stated that this wasn’t going to be superhero costume show, If that’s what you want wait for daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist on Netflix.
    if Disney wants to save money cancel this and pay iron man. not the other way round.
    They are doing both
    u are supposed to be bigger than WB u got only avengers characters to worry about and u are so stingy.. while is DC is ready to take the plunge with female and African american super heroes you are more busy with hyping your limited number of characters
    Could someone tell me where it is stated that Marvel are bigger than WB cause I didn’t get the memo
    do u have to praise marvel whenever u talk about it?
    If he likes Marvel why shouldn’t he.
    and I never praised DC.as.the best...they are doing good with their TV shows.. while marvel?
    DC have more than one unrelated tv show,
    Arrow, Gotham, The Flash, Constantine
    They have more coming as well in 2015 they have coming
    iZombie, Preacher
    And Supergirl is coming as well.
    Marvel on the other hand have
    Agents of Shield – Connected to the films
    They do have more coming
    Powers, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders

the criticism about hype is validated because look how shield is performing..
    It performed well enough to get a second season, its not like it was completely rubbish last season.
    it doesn't feel like shield fans are familiar with.
    What would you like Nick Fury appearing every week giving out assignments and have recognizable super powered agents form the comics or heck even recognizable agents. Sharon is out because Emily VanCamp is as you guess busy with revenge. Cobie was busy with how I met your mother, they had plans for the black widow who exactly would you have liked. This of course excludes the fact that the premise was normal agents.
    [QUOTE=boredmonkey;643077]I mean.argus from.arrow feels.more badass than.this..even before winter soldier
    Its not an ARGUS show, its arrow with ARGUS appearing what 3/4 episodes, completely different.
    ...and yes I'm doubting marvel..while WB has access to all of DC marvel studios does not..that's why how long can they do only avengers and what characters can they use..
    Better question who do they not have access to the universies/ cast is as follows.
    Namor – I know is complicated
    FF – is with Fox but may return
    Spider-Man – is with Sony but they may work out a deal to share
    X-men = is with fox.
    Doesn’t seem that much Galatacus and Doctor Doom are the only real problems
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I'm already feeling overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, I love that superheroes are in vogue but I feel like I'm being pummeled to death by film after film. If a lifelong comic book fan has these feelings, I have little doubt that non-fans are increasingly having this feeling. Quality films will sustain the trend but as time goes on, a backlash will be more likely.
    Here's a solution for you.....pick out the films that you think you will enjoy the best and see those in the theater. The others wait tell they hit red box or the five dollar rack at Best Buy.

Problem solved.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Here's a solution for you.....pick out the films that you think you will enjoy the best and see those in the theater. The others wait tell they hit red box or the five dollar rack at Best Buy.

Problem solved.
    Quoted in agreement.

It's not really a difficult situation.

I think the people who made the last Transformers a ridiculous financial success would disagree.

As for me, I don't watch the TF movies, so I haven't been overwhelmed by cinematic bots yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I think the people who made the last Transformers a ridiculous financial success would disagree.

As for me, I don't watch the TF movies, so I haven't been overwhelmed by cinematic bots yet.
    Actually, domestically T4 made the least money out of the franchise. It was China that pushed the film to a billion. China tends to see films when it's filmed on location in China, which is what happened with Iron Man 3 because of the cut that had additional scenes in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Problem solved.
    Post that wins thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I like most of the MCU movies, loved Man of Steel. Very excited for both franchises
    Yes both Marvel and DC can continue to be both successful as long as they both produce entertaining and worthwhile stories.