Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    This thread is interesting to me I feel like we are Chicken Little right now screaming the sky is falling with the assumption that the series on the brink of cancellation. I grant that the sales #s are out of this world, but we don't know what Marvel's thresholds for cancellation of this book. I am all for being proactive, but I feel like we are in a doom and gloom stage right now and I am not sure we should be there yet. Before we get there, I would make changes to capture more readers.

1) Like others, I feel the book needs to have significance to the MU. If Storm's operating in her own little pocket of the world with no reverberations of her actions in the greater MU, then why bother? Right now, the stuff she's doing isn't even having an impact on the X-Men let alone the MU. If her actions matter, then the comic book matters and people will read it.

2) Limit stand alone issues. I thought issue # 1 was great, wonderful, beautiful amazing, etc. It was a great intro. Then we got issues 2 and 3. If you are a Storm fan already, those issues are worth the read. Maybe. It felt a little like watching a sitcom when you know the problem is going to be resolved in 22 mins. Well, we know the issue is going to resolved in 20 pages. The book itself didn't create a sense of urgency to get the next issue. Issue 4 starts to resolve this issue, but there is still work yet to be done.

3) The artwork - Some people here are a fan of Victor Ibanez, but I am not. I grew up on Jim Lee's Storm. I remember being a little girl in the comic shop with my older brother, seeing a picture with Storm on the cover and falling in love. She was bad ass and beautiful and down right SEXY. I purchased and read back issues that had the art of Dave Cockrum, John Byrne, Paul Smith & John Romita, Jr. Victor's Storm may be expressive, but she lacks sex appeal. I am not saying she needs to be slutty - I don't want that. I wouldn't mind her being more feminine. I am not sure if this is the right word; I just know that under Victor's pen she is missing something. His Storm doesn't strike me as a woman that almost every bad guy she's up against wants to bed.

4) I want power plays with heart from Pak. Issue # 1 nailed this. We had Storm holding back a tidal wave and still wind to speak to that little girl. We need more displays of awesome power while Storm doing stuff to remind us she is still human. And this crap about lack of control over her powers has got to go. Storm has always excelled at controlling her gifts. Frying and IPad? Come on now!

5) Better villains! - I never want to see Calisto again. She is not a match for Ororo. And Lord - please don't bring in the Shadow King. Marvel has such a bevy of villains - chose one that doesn't require depowering Storm for the battle not to be completely one sided and let's rock and roll. Make it really interesting - pick a grey villain more powerful than Storm and let them go at it. Mikhail Rasputin comes to mind. Let's get some better for so we can get some awesome fight scenes and move forward!
    1. True. so that readers will be interested, Storm's role on other books should be more significant.Have tie-ins too as well as appearances of some whom she is connected with like Spider-man, Invisible Woman, Scarlet Witch, etc.

2. True.

3. While I appreciate Ibanez realistic art but I prefer the more colorful beautiful art. I want characters to look good all the time. But Victor's art was unique.

4. True. Somehow the making of "Storm relatable" thing has kinda given her a bad image. I've said this before. Yes Storm has flaws, but she doesn't have to make mistakes to be a flawed character. Keeping her emotions in check is already a flaw. So she doesn't have to like fry an ipad or was unaware of her power that Beast felt the heat, etc. Questioning her leadership is already a flaw. She doesn't need to make a wrong decision to make her a flawed leader.

5. Callisto should not be a villain actually that's why I'm surprised why they have to fight. Bring back Kierrok and his cairn minions, Garokk, Krakoa, Dracula, Belasco, Arcade, Apocalypse, Nimrod/Supersentinel, Doom , Loki, Terminus, Deathbird, etc. Give her some new villains to deal with like Superskrull, Mandarin, Vulcan, Malekith, Lilith, Dormammu ( with the help of Strange and Scarlet Witch and Agatha ), etc. Have her team-up again with Spider-man, Thor and new team-up with Squirrel Girl, Ghost Rider and even Moon Knight. and of course, new villains. Female villains would be cool.

I also want appearances of real people like Tyra Banks, Oprah Winfrey, Queen Elizabeth (since Storm's mother was a princess), Celine Dion ( just have Storm watcha Celine Dion concert in las Vegas and provide weather fitting to Celine's song: It's All comign back to me now.), nation leaders like Pres Obama, United Nations, etc

Also visit other countries like Philippines, China and Japan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Teenclops is more of a Starjammers book. I honestly would prefer it if it was branded as a Starjammers book.
    I think that is the intent once it end.

Storm stinks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    Storm stinks.
    that can be fixed with a summer shower, unlike your trolling tendencies

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    oh my god.......................I am done! XD
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Put Claremont on it. It's sad to realize this, but he's the only writer that ever made her shine in a consistent manner as a character.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

If there is an audience for this book it will survive

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    I never really got the demand for solo's tbh. Seems more like bragging rights than anything. Some characters are just inherently better suited to teams.
    I agree. If this is a vanity project, it shouldn't be done. I'm really curious as to what the pitch for this book was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fifolet View Post
    Put Claremont on it. It's sad to realize this, but he's the only writer that ever made her shine in a consistent manner as a character.
    Yost did a great job in Storm's X-men Worlds Apart mini series.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    Storm stinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    There is nothing better than rain to wash away the stink lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    There is nothing better than rain to wash away the stink lmao!
    that made my day XD
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Please support the Storm ongoing solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I already do support it and I'm not that happy with it. I'm breaking a personal rule not to support books I dont like but I feel she is an important character for people/women of color/women in general but I wish Storms portrayal was better as I feel it is a bit insulting - she must have been a crazy girl pretending to be a goddess so lets have her speak like in a rap video and the fact that there doesnt seem to be enough of a balance between action and personal moments as the first few issues might have been better suited for X-Men Unlimited. Some new threats would help. I'm very conflicted about supporting it tbh. But I will because when this series ends then it may open a door for more spotlight or a relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    How about Nightcrawler's ongoing? Are Nightcrawler's fans happy with Kurt's ongoing?
    I'm like one of two people who isnt enjoying Kurts solo very much, for similar reasons that people are complaining about the Storm series. It's ok but I'm not loving it. I will give it some more time before I decide whether or not I'll drop it. I may continue to support it just because I feel its a good alternative for those tired of the gloom of the main X-Titles and its nice to have a series that isnt dominated by an hyper-masculine anti-hero. They are running in short supply these days.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-28-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    I already do support it and I'm not that happy with it. I'm breaking a personal rule not to support books I dont like but I feel she is an important character for people/women of color/women in general but I wish Storms portrayal was better as I feel it is a bit insulting - she must have been a crazy girl pretending to be a goddess so lets have her speak like in a rap video and the fact that there doesnt seem to be enough of a balance between action and personal moments as the first few issues might have been better suited for X-Men Unlimited. Some new threats would help. I'm very conflicted about supporting it tbh. But I will because when this series ends then it may open a door for more spotlight or a relaunch.

I'm like one of two people who isnt enjoying Kurts solo very much, for similar reasons that people are complaining about the Storm series. It's ok but I'm not loving it. I will give it some more time before I decide whether or not I'll drop it. I may continue to support it just because I feel its a good alternative for those tired of the gloom of the main X-Titles and its nice to have a series that isnt dominated by an hyper-masculine anti-hero. They are running in short supply these days.
    I hope u continue to support. We need more minority lead superhero comics and I feel she is one who definitely deserves to hace her own comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post

Thank you for supporting those books.

I am not happy with Storm #3 but it's just one issue. Still waiting for my Storm #4 to arrive. I hope every upcoming Storm issue will be a blast.