Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Intersect, #1

MATURE READERS
    Bestselling cartoonist Ray Fawkes (Batman: Eternal, Constantine, One Soul, The People Inside) brings his signature darkness to Image Comics with INTERSECT, an all-new and shockingly original ongoing horror series coming November 2014.

Bodies shift and merge, warring with themselves. Blood rains from the skies. A child's song is translated into toxic, thought-destroying whispers. Everything is changing. Everything is wrong. This is the world of INTERSECT.

Full article here.

I'm in love with that art.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    I'm in love with that art.
    It's really nice looking, but I don't think I'd ever be up for a whole issue (much less an ongoing) illustrated like that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    It's really nice looking, but I don't think I'd ever be up for a whole issue (much less an ongoing) illustrated like that.
    I understand where you are coming from, but I loved One Soul and The People Inside, so I'm going to give this book his fair chance.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this one. The art gives me pause but the dialogue feels really robotic and forced to me in this preview, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. I may give the first trade a try if reviews are favorable.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

I don't even really know what to say with this one. This was the most incomprehensible piece of artwork I have ever seen. Imagine the most artsy-pretentious indie film you could conceive and then layer that in barely comprehensible visual storytelling and top it off with dreamlike poetry that jumps all over the place. There might be something going on here but it is absolutely not worth the effort.

Image is putting out a LOT of books lately and I think some of the releases over the past few months have been really bad. You have to take risks but I wonder whether the people in charge at Image saw this and really thought it was worth publishing.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post

I don't even really know what to say with this one. This was the most incomprehensible piece of artwork I have ever seen. Imagine the most artsy-pretentious indie film you could conceive and then layer that in barely comprehensible visual storytelling and top it off with dreamlike poetry that jumps all over the place. There might be something going on here but it is absolutely not worth the effort.

Image is putting out a LOT of books lately and I think some of the releases over the past few months have been really bad. You have to take risks but I wonder whether the people in charge at Image saw this and really thought it was worth publishing.
    Maybe the want to cash-in with Fawkes name, given that his friends Jeff Lemire and Scott Snyder have gotten him a job in Marvel and DC.

Image cover initial costs, and that's it. They don't actually "cash in" because they don't take additional money from the creators after their cost.

I'm sure Image got a full pitch, and it was enough to make them interested, given the quality of his other creator owned work. He seems to be trying to do interesting things with the medium. Those things might not be for you, as they they can be very experimental.

I feel like this issue will work better in the context of a complete story, and not so much as a single issue, especially a first issue, designed to pull you back for #2. Sometimes mystery can be too mysterious and just end up confusing. I hope things come together a bit more in #2.