Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default BATMAN ETERNAL #6 Preview/Discussion

Something hellish is brewing in the tunnels under Arkham Asylum...and Batman's going to need the help of The Demon to stop it!

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

Whoah Trevor McCarthy back doing art for Batman again. They are really getting the A-List art team for Eternal.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Another good looking issue. That McCarthy art is fantastic.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Yay for McCarthy work! Looks solid and I'm glad he's working on another more supernatural like book.

Also Gentleman Ghost. They are just throwing all sorts of villains and characters in this comic.

The start of Batwing's part of the story. Should be interesting--haven't really gotten into the Luke Fox stuff because I'm still a little sore about taking the mantle from David, but hopefully this book will get me to like Luke a bit more.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm still sore about that too but as you said maybe this will get me to like Luke despite that mess. Stranger things have happened. I'm also not a fan of Trevor McCarthy's artistic style either but I think it fits the more supernatural angle of this section so there is that. Still Batman Eternal has be great so far and everyone seems to be bringing their A-games to the table so although this issue is going to have two strikes against it for me going in maybe they will be overshadowed by the actual story being told.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

That looks thoroughly interesting. I look forward to it!

Astonishing Member

Yaha! Nth Metal brass knuckle reference. So much Brave and Bold slipping in. A little Young Justice "Robin has a hologram bracelet" this week, a little B&B "Batman punches Gentleman Ghost with Nth Metal knuckles" the next.

Fantastic.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Love the fact this book gives a supernatural story.

Looks pretty.

Extraordinary Member

I love the way Batman just brushes past the whole "ghost" thing.

And it's cool to see Doctor Phosphorous back in all his glory.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Got to love a Gentleman Ghost appearance. And the way Bruce matter of factly tells Luke that you just have to get over not believing in those things in Gotham. Of course Nth metal neutralizes those things - c'mon Luke! I really like the way they've introduced the supernatural element here - first Jim Corrigan shows up and then Tim tells Bruce in #5 that something is broken - implying the break-up of the Bat-family and the "deaths" of Dick and Damian have lifted a lid on the dark forces under Gotham. It really shows Snyder's horror roots and the influence Stephen King has had on him (hat tip Dzetoun who says it more eloquently than I do).

I'm not always the biggest fan of Fawkes, but this dialoguing "There are creatures who slip through the cracks of SENSE and REASON...and draw strength from denial. You do NOT want to give them that strength" is awesome
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-09-2014 at 02:49 PM.

I had stopped reading this after issue #2 , after seeing this I'm back to see where this goes.

BANNED

I still really like Ghosts's redesign. He looks cool.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

I hate the Ghost's new design. Takes everything out of what the character was...sad really.