Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    You mean replies involving people throwing insults at eachother? Which is what usually happens in the Community forum back then
    I think people still do it, they were just more open and honest about it then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I think people still do it, they were just more open and honest about it then.
    Does it make it ok? No it doesn't

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Does it make it ok? No it doesn't
    It's not OK, you just knew where you stood when Paul McEnery was mad at you. Now it's petty sniping and bitchiness within the rules.

For the record, I was talking about replies to the original question that would have included large amounts of gratuitous profanity.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    It's not OK, you just knew where you stood when Paul McEnery was mad at you. Now it's petty sniping and bitchiness within the rules.
    Gonna go with ya on that one.

If it makes sense and is contextual, it works for me. But if it's done to be cool, edgy, or hip ... it's breaks the narrative and takes me out of the story.

Example: The movie, "Phone Booth" grinds my gears because they said **** to the point it has been counted and talked more about than the movie itself (143 times). Cut it down a bit and it's not as jarring but maybe that was part of the point. There are tons of movies where the f-bomb is used WAY more but I think "Phone Booth" is a great example of poor usage and timing. Whereas "Born on the Fourth of July", "Pulp Fiction", "American History X" and "Scarface" usages are far more impactful and do not derail the narrative.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Sure, why not? The more poetic and inventive, the better.