Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm interested, but I'm concerned with how Krypton will look on a TV budget.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But be realistic. Do you really think they're going to do a straight-up Superman or Batman TV show now, when they are preparing to launch a whole series of movies? Why would they?

I'm quite surprised that they are doing as much in the TV shows as they are. They're using virtually everything except Superman and Batman on the various series right now.
    I'd rather they stay away from Superman and Batman if they don't want to use them. Arrow and The Flash work great without having them as part of that world. And having the less familiar DC characters get some publicity is a good thing.

On the other hand stuff like (some of) Smallville and Gotham strikes me as pointless. If you want "no tights, no flights" then don't use Superman's world. And if you want to show Gotham before Batman then do that .. show a world without all these Bat-villians and anachronisitic police officers.

And to be clear on Smallville my criticism is aimed more at the later seasons where they had Clark doing Superman-lite and twisting the plots in circles to avoid his being Superman. I expect Gotham to hit the same wall where they still have Jim Gordon as a detective encountering things that should be first encountered by Batman (Man-bat?, Two-Face's origin?, unmasking Bruce as a Robinesque hero ...).

Interesting concept, especially given the success of Gotham and Smallville. Not sure what sort of form a series like this would take, but the recent success of comic book TV shows has made me slightly less skeptical about their viability. Slightly being the key word.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Yup, Zod,brainiac, Doomsday and maybe even Darkseid might be involved.

For those that watched, how WAS this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Pretty good! Brainiac was fantastic. However S2 ends on a cliffhanger that’s never ever getting resolved so keep that in mind if you decide to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    The Best Superman without Superman they could have done. It was great.

I honeslty hope the CW Superman show steal as many elements as they can.

Colin Salmon was a great Zod and Brainiac was terrific .

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I keep hoping against hope that it at least gets a 2 hour movie or special on HBO max to resolve the cliffhanger from the season 2 finale. It ended up being much much better than most of us thought it would be. Best live Action Brainiac,Doomsday and,yes,the best Zod. Fight me!
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

It was such a breath of fresh air. I was pleasantly surprised by it. As others have said Zod and Brainiac were so good.