Thread: #WhyNotEli

Amazing Member

Default #WhyNotEli

As some of you may be aware, Warner Brothers is looking into the creation of several new digital entertainment entities. From shows, to virtual reality experiences and so on.

One of the properties they are looking to showcase is Static Shock, a comic series and television show that I've been a fan of since I was a child. I learned about superheroes from Justice League and Spider-Man, but it was Static that showed me that someone who looked like me could be a hero.

Now that series is being made in live-action.

And I want to be Virgil.

I like to think my delusion of grandeur is only so wild. The actuality of it is that I really want the chance to audition to be Vergil. There are a lot of actors out there, and the odds are that one is already in the location they'll choose to film, that someone else has a better look, I'm currently nobody, and all the other reasons this might not work. But I won't get anywhere worrying about that.

So what does this have to do with you? Well, you're a part of a community that I spent a long time associating with. The reboot changed things, and I'm not The Once And Forever anymore, but I remember this community, and I believe in the power of a united movement. I come asking for your help. Friend me on Facebook (Eli Curry), follow me on Twitter (ElitheCurry), retweet the hashtag #WhyNotEli and #EliForStatic to get the word out there so that I can have a chance to make a dream come true.

This could all be for naught, if I wake up tomorrow and they've already cast it, I'll kick myself for not working to do this sooner, but I believe in myself, and I believe in the power of grassroots. I can't do it alone, but I don't think that I am.

Youtube
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Last edited by Eli.C; 10-28-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Wouldn't you know it, not the same as the DMC character.

You've got my support man! I don't have twitter but I can do the other stuff.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

BANNED

At least spell "Virgil" correctly.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Good luck with trying to get an audition dude. Its rare CBR could propel you to getting Hollywood attention so I won't dash your dreams entirely.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I don't see anything to click on or whatever. Do you have an acting reel or anything that can help you garner support?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I don't see anything to click on or whatever. Do you have an acting reel or anything that can help you garner support?
    Sorry about that, day 1 was haphazard. Here is a link to today's video, which has a lot of the logistic for the campaign. I'm also updating the OP with this information.