Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: She-Hulk, #9

She-Hulk and Daredevil do battle against one another in the courtroom, while Captain America is on trial in "She-Hulk" #9 by Charles Soule and Javier Pulido.

Full review here.

Armagoza

This book is getting cancelled because the art is painful to look at and the stories are in no way compelling or even fun. Go back and read Dan Slott's She-Hulk run. That's how She-Hulk needs to be written.

Quote Originally Posted by Armagoza View Post
    This book is getting cancelled because the art is painful to look at and the stories are in no way compelling or even fun. Go back and read Dan Slott's She-Hulk run. That's how She-Hulk needs to be written.
    Well, I disagree with this, but the case against Cap is very weak. I have no idea how it got to trial. Cap is at fault for talking, causing a nut case to shoot a med student -- and all this happening in the 1940s. And while Charles was clever in asserting that the statute of limitations was tolled, I'm not sure that there was any basis for such equitable tolling. There certainly would not have been in NY, but maybe California's different.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Well, I disagree with this, but the case against Cap is very weak. I have no idea how it got to trial. Cap is at fault for talking, causing a nut case to shoot a med student -- and all this happening in the 1940s. And while Charles was clever in asserting that the statute of limitations was tolled, I'm not sure that there was any basis for such equitable tolling. There certainly would not have been in NY, but maybe California's different.

Sandy Hausler
    The way I understand it is, Cap refused to assert any defenses based on a "technicality." Cap was insistent that the case go to a jury trial (even though this is adverse to his own interests) because he wants to be morally righteous. All-in-all, I really enjoy this series, but this issue was a tad slow. I actually don't mind the art like some people do - i guess that is just an issue of personal preference.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armagoza View Post
    The art from Juan Bobilo was even more painful and caused me to drop the book for a time.

Amazing Member

I love the art. I'm one of the few I guess. hence the book getting cancelled. such a shame. really hope we find out more about her assistant...
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors