Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    My bad I didn't mean it like that, I was just trying to establish if his family immigrated from somewhere else before his debut. I've only seen the doctor strange movie on Netflix so i've no idea about his background.

I really want a dr strange omnibus already
    You mean the animated movie?

There was a tv movie (or maybe tv show pilot) from the 70's or early 80's. Supposedly it's very terrible. I want to see it just for the hell of it, lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by big2033 View Post
    Sherlock is VERY much like Strange.

221b Baker St ... Sherlock's home where people arrive with cases.

77A Bleecker Street ... Strange's Sanctum Santorum where people arrive with supernatural cases.

Cmon...

Sherlock has Watson.

Strange has Wong.

Quotes from Strange:

"I'm aware of your credentials my dear. Brilliant young Medical student once rescued by the city's costume champions dedicates her life to their care yes? A skilled physician, she recently dreams of one day becoming a "super hero" herself etc etc ...Of course I"m sure that cape is just part of your Florence Nightingale Fetish."

Cumerbatch Holmes Quote:

"I know you're an Army doctor, and you've been invalided home from Afghanistan. You've got a brother worried about you, but you won't go to him for help, because you don't approve of him, possibly because he's an alcoholic, more likely because he recently walked out on his wife, and I know your therapist thinks your limp's psychosomatic, quite correctly, I'm afraid. That's enough to be going on with, don't you think? The name is Sherlock Holmes, and the address is 221B Baker Street. Afternoon."

Hell in the Oath he CALLS the Night Nurse "Watson" throughout.

In terms of the accent ... plenty of british actors pull off american ... why not him?

How can you not see these similarities?
    Strange is optimistic and charismatic. Sherlock is not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    It's about as perfect I've seen a casting in a long time. I wanted someone British, someone with a little Hammer in him and I've got it.

Hopefully the script writers and the director don't fuck this up.
    Why do you want someone British? Strange isn't British.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Do you mean like Hammer Studios films, like The Woman In Black, Dracula, The Quiet Ones etc?
    Well let's just say I think Strange is sort of mix of Peter Cushing and Vincent Price.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I think he should be played by a theatre actor and the Brits, it's their school of acting, you know. Doc should have a sort of mix of darkness and humour a la Hugh Laurie. That's why I feel Cumberback would nail this.

they're completely skipping his origins i think, or that's what I keep being lead to believe.

but the movie definitely made me interested in his comics, it's just a shame they're so damn hard to get. hopefully with all this buzz around his solo live action movie, marvel will release an omnibus.
    I really want to, but I can only find the masterworks and they're erm expensive and hard to come by, and only really out in hardback (the softcover versions are even more expensive and rare) so it's either 'acquire' them for my ipad or hope for an omnibus.

I got really interested in the character after playing with him in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and had the same issue finding his trades. But this past NYCC, I was able to find a few for cheap. You should be able to find his mini with Doom though.

All-New Member

For me, Cumberbatch IS NOT Strange, at all. Strange should be sharp looking, suave, distinguished, chiseled. Cumberbatch is too Dough-faced for me. My tuppence worth? Jon Hamm.

Bit of a curve ball but he could have the arrogance down, he's definitely suave enough. I think being a bit older makes him more suitable too. I think if he lost a bit of weight for the role he could look great. They're just my views though. Who knows?
    Last edited by Sorcerer Supreme; 11-03-2014 at 01:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    And none of the Guardians Of The Galaxy are American except Star Lord. Didn't stop 'em.

Rocket Raccoon should've been English, at least. His name's based off a Beatles song!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer Supreme View Post
    My tuppence worth? Jon Hamm.
    Oh man, that landing strip is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Solid choice.

I guess he's best known for Sherlock, and for playing a villain-by-numbers in Star Trek Into Darkness, but Cumberbatch has been giving acclaimed performances in British theatre and TV for quite a few years.

He really is a terrific actor. I'd defy anyone to see his performance, say, in To the Ends of the Earth (that came out in 2005) and not be impressed. To judge him too harshly for Khan would be like judging Tom Hardy harshly for Star Trek Nemesis, or for that matter, for his turn as Bane in the Dark Knight Rises, and ignoring him for his work in Bronson. There's more to Cumberbatch than just his performances that were seen by an international audience.

Don't see why anyone would view those performances in a negative light. Cumberbatch was fantastic as Khan, and Hardy was great in.both Star Trek & Batman.