Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Solid choice.

I guess he's best known for Sherlock, and for playing a villain-by-numbers in Star Trek Into Darkness, but Cumberbatch has been giving acclaimed performances in British theatre and TV for quite a few years.

He really is a terrific actor. I'd defy anyone to see his performance, say, in To the Ends of the Earth (that came out in 2005) and not be impressed. To judge him too harshly for Khan would be like judging Tom Hardy harshly for Star Trek Nemesis, or for that matter, for his turn as Bane in the Dark Knight Rises, and ignoring him for his work in Bronson. There's more to Cumberbatch than just his performances that were seen by an international audience.
    Umm, no one's judging him for STID. From what I've seen/heard, his performance there was quite well received.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Can he even grown facial hair? Ive honestly never once seem him with any that I can recall. Maybe he has a Low T problem.. jk

Yeah, I think this is a great choice. I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Good. Would be a bit weird to see him with a moustache. Doc's gotta have his moustache.
    Do you mean the Sorceror's gotta have a mustache, and Cumberbatch should here, fake or real?

Or, that Stephen shouldn't have a mustache because it wouldn't work on Benedict?

I'm good with him, I've always liked him and while I would have loved Ewan McGreggor taking on the role of the Sorcerer Supreme, I'm find with Benedict at Stephen Strange.
    Mooper Films

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Do you mean the Sorceror's gotta have a mustache, and Cumberbatch should here, fake or real?

Or, that Stephen shouldn't have a mustache because it wouldn't work on Benedict?
    Yeah, I meant the first.. facial hair on superheroes is a rarity....

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

That's pretty big news. If RDJ isn't careful, the focus of the MCU could get stolen away from him. I just can't picture Khan taking any of Tony's shit.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

This is comically unsurprising. The guy seems to be cast as everything these days. I've even seen memes about how in the future all roles will be Cumberbatch playing opposite himself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    If RDJ isn't careful, the focus of the MCU could get stolen away from him. I just can't picture Khan taking any of Tony's shit.
    Yeah, the inevitable meet up between these two will be a hell of a thing. Science bro vs Magic bro ...

I'm not a big fan of this casting. I find Cumberbatch too wooden, not enough personality for a role like this. Most of the other rumoured casting were better choices than this. Up till recently, Marvel were doing really well at casting but recently they've been off their game what with elderly Pym and now this.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

no white temples, thanks. I think it's an affectation that has run its course. To me it's not a dealbreaker to lose them. "Original" comics Doc is really 80+ years old but spent "decades" in other dimensions where time stops. His look pre-magic studies should be sans facial hair. I just really hope that they update the "final" outfit to something that looks cool in 2016.

Spectacular Member

I'm still a bit bummed Phoenix is out, but this is very good news. Thank goodness some of the other rumors don't seem to be panning out. I don't think I could have sat through Colin Farrell's Doctor Strange, or any movie starring Colin Farrell to be honest. As for Cumberbatch, I love Sherlock, and he was good in Into Darkness. I'll forgive him for participating in Peter Jackson's unforgivable assault on the Hobbit if he gives us what we need in Doctor Strange. I just hope that he can do a passible American accent. Cumberbatch is about as British as it gets, and I don't think I've heard him do one yet. While Steven Strange remaining American, as in the comics, isn't necessarily a pivotal character point, having Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme be portrayed as a brit would draw too many Gandalf/Merlin/Harry Potter comparisons in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Can he even grown facial hair? Ive honestly never once seem him with any that I can recall. Maybe he has a Low T problem.. jk

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    People compare him to an alien these days.
    BB