Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Default "Krypton" the TV series? Could be coming with David Goyer involved

Bleeding Cool has the rumor.

The name suggests a pre-Superman drama set on the planet Krypton, maybe involving the House Of El, maybe Brainiac, maybe an end of the world cult, maybe lots of dragons flying around the place.

Goyer also wrote the screenplay for The Man Of Steel also portrayed some of the Kryptonian lifestyle, as some kind of communist dystopia for which the USA was a blessed relief and alternative. Comics such as the World Of Krypton stories and For The Man Who Has Everything have explored aspects of Krypton, that it would feel hard for such a show to completely ignore.
    I don't know, it could be interesting to explore a culture about to end. I don't know if they'd have a series limit or not. Effects would probably involve tech, weapons and scenery as Kryptonians don't have powers at home under a red sun.

"World of Krypton" explored a society with castes as well as the various houses on Krypton. Maybe they're hoping for Game of Thrones in Space.

Alexander (not)Luthor Jr AlexG.'s Avatar
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (My house)

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    "World of Krypton" explored a society with castes as well as the various houses on Krypton. Maybe they're hoping for Game of Thrones in Space.
    I'd watch the s..t out of a Game of Thrones in Space show with DC characters!

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Bleeding Cool has the rumor.

I don't know, it could be interesting to explore a culture about to end. I don't know if they'd have a series limit or not. Effects would probably involve tech, weapons and scenery as Kryptonians don't have powers at home under a red sun.

Aaaahhh, man, was actually thinking of posting this. Thought people'd have a good time talking about it, or be talking about comparisons to upcoming Supergirl, or how doom and gloom it'd feel, with the knowledge of the planets' ultimate fate.

But, glad you did so, Pretender. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. But, for some, be a shame, due to what they think of Goyer, after Man Of Steel and all. But, Dawn of Justice, Justice League: Part One/maybe Part Two too, and Constantine aren't TOO much, as future projects, excluding any possible Swamp Thing, or Spectre spin-off.

You are right there, budget, or effects, wouldn't be too hard, given the way the mythology goes, but would this be connected somehow to Man Of Steel et al, Supergirl somehow, or its' own thing, for people to enjoy regardless of continuity?

Incredible Member

Not sure I care too much for this idea. I'm already kind of annoyed with not being able to see big name villains (aside from Penguin) on Gotham. This feels like more of the same. I'm thinking the only thing that would sell me on this would be if the series focused heavily on Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Not sure I care too much for this idea. I'm already kind of annoyed with not being able to see big name villains (aside from Penguin) on Gotham. This feels like more of the same. I'm thinking the only thing that would sell me on this would be if the series focused heavily on Zod.
    Or BRAINIAC?

This would have to be before Jor-El marries Lara. it would be too prohibitively stretching things to start them out as a couple already. Make Zod a rival for Lara's affection. Nobody would have super powers, of course. Each year there would be more subtle hints about the geothermal problems that are getting ignored.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Or BRAINIAC?
    Yeah, B's name was getting tossed around in the fan comments I've seen. There's a lot you could do there. Either the Kryptonian computer version or the alien collector version or something new.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I'm thinking the only thing that would sell me on this would be if the series focused heavily on Zod.
    Well, Zod, Ursa/Fayora, Jax-Ur and others were a part of comics and TV. Maybe do Geoff Johns version of Non? Some version of the Eradicator? the science council ignoring Jor-El and maybe Zod taking advantage of that.
    I find Penguin to be enough on Gotham. The Falcones and Maronis are there as well as proto-Riddler and li'l Catwoman so I'm good. I don't need to see everybody at the point they are in comics as I've seen that before.

I know people assume even if it's tied into MOS it wouldn't have Russel Crowe but if it was a younger Jor-El a recast would make sense and not be a let down.
    I don't know, there's ways it could work and ways it could be terrible.

Extraordinary Member

Gotham hasn't even had half a season, yet we've been introduced too;
    Penguin, Falcones, Maronis and teased with the Riddler. Not to mention Selina is there and the Dollmaker was off-screen.

Ugh.......

I think a 'Metropolis' show might be better...Or maybe a 'Planet' show. Don't just Superman (they could just show a blur or something). Cover him in the perspective of others.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

That works for comic fans who are in love with the character, but i am not sure about genpop.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I think a 'Metropolis' show might be better...Or maybe a 'Planet' show. Don't just Superman (they could just show a blur or something). Cover him in the perspective of others.
    I had the exact idea for a comic book like this, and I'm kind of surprised DC hasn't made a move like this yet.

Please no, no , no, havent gotten Gotham down yet, but i do understand controlling TV now that Marvel has just dominated Cinema