Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This first book didn't do much for me. But futures end did. I'm thinking about dropping this to keep ok reading futures end

Quote Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
    It's love at first sight between Adam Strange and his space suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Lemire is magic.
    In Lemire we trust

Looks amazing. I'm interested in every panel, from Hawkman fighting Lobo, to Adam Strange finding his space suit. This will probably end up being one of my favorite pulls.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I finally got a chance to actually check out the preview. This look so good! I love everything I saw. I want more!

Wasn't blown away by the first issue. The team has potential, but I'm not sure about the direction or purpose here. I really wanted to see the JLA concept (government-controlled League) explored fully, but Trinity War/Forever Evil pretty much killed any chance of that book standing on its own.

BANNED

I love that even though Lemire is also writing Green Arrow's broody solo book, the moment he sticks Oliver in a team situation where he's shooting toothpicks at a giant monster, the humor comes through. You really can't avoid it. That's the Green Arrow I love. The underdog.

CultOfOwls

Was quite looking forward to this title since it was announced, but a brief flick through it left me feeling a bit disappointed tbh.

I love a big scifi story

Quote Originally Posted by Objectively Biased View Post
    Wasn't blown away by the first issue. The team has potential, but I'm not sure about the direction or purpose here. I really wanted to see the JLA concept (government-controlled League) explored fully, but Trinity War/Forever Evil pretty much killed any chance of that book standing on its own.
    I agree with you here completely. I was totally pumped after the first issue of Justice League of America and couldn't wait to see the series and team evolve. Was not to be, I guess.

I was hoping, however, in light of JLA's end that Justice League United #0 would leave me with the same sense of anticipation, but it unfortunately didn't. I do think it has a lot of promise, though, and I'm glad that Lemire is starting things out with a bang, so I'm overall optimistic.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

So is the team in Vancouver? I figure that is a big enough city and close enough to GA that he can get there when needed. I know it is comics but it is a point I am curious about.

I wonder how Ollie will pay the rent now. He was counting on that ARGUS check before.

Didn't care for issue #0 and don't get the intense Lemire love here. I did not appreciate his treatment of JLD and, specifically, John Constantine, his "favorite character of all time."

(Dude also loves to drop a huge THOOOM! in there whenever possible.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Oh, yeah. This looks great.....but I'm still a little unsure about the changes to Adam Strange's background. I really want Alanna to be revealed as a Rannian in some later issue.

I think that Lemire has decided to show Adam Strange before he becomes what he becomes. In a way, this issue was as much about the origins of Adam Strange as it is about the Origins of Mii Marten. I don't know what directions Lemire will take it.

Alanna was willing to face her captors - though saved from doing too much by Hawkman. Where does this confidence come from?

Lemire started with Adam and Allana single but I presume it won't take them long to marry. The marriage would be a point to get more of Allana's backstory since I presume her parents would show up.

BTW - anyone catch Indians and Aliens on APTN.ca?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    I did not appreciate his treatment of JLD and, specifically, John Constantine, his "favorite character of all time."
    I'm with you there. JLD was definitely Lemire's weakest writing of the new 52. Not quite bad, but pretty mediocre. Overly dependant on cliches like, "I got this."

So far, JLU has better characterization and better chemistry between teammates. I also think Lemire has learned to let the art tell its side of the story, as we see here with Adam Strange and all over Sorrentino's Green Arrow.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I read the 0 issue....not too impressive. They should have just stuck with JLA.

Man, in a very short time this has become my favorite comic.

Anybody thinking that there are no more fun comics at DC really need to read this.
    WHO DAT?!!