Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    God, they need to let this series die.
    Eh, I was prepared to agree, and I don't really like some of the changes to the continuity that allowed things like Frieza's rebirth (though I don't particularly dislike Frieza getting some respect since he was my favorite of the villains), or Avo & Cado being able to fuse into an SSJ3 Gotenks level being, and so on, but Bills is entertaining enough to carry the new arc(s) and SSJG looks a lot better than SSJ3 and SSJ4, IMO, though I wish it could have remained with him keeping his untransformed hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Let's focus on the topic guys.
    Guy, it's pretty unanimous that Beerus, either version, wins this battle. Now we're dwelling into headache-inducing territory that has little to do with the OP anymore. Best to just close it while civility is still relatively intact.

Or just Omega-Effect detracting Rumblers with your Mod powers. It's what I, and possibly Siriel, would do.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Eh, I was prepared to agree, and I don't really like some of the changes to the continuity that allowed things like Frieza's rebirth (though I don't particularly dislike Frieza getting some respect since he was my favorite of the villains), or Avo & Cado being able to fuse into an SSJ3 Gotenks level being, and so on, but Bills is entertaining enough to carry the new arc(s) and SSJG looks a lot better than SSJ3 and SSJ4, IMO, though I wish it could have remained with him keeping his untransformed hairstyle.
    IIRC Avocado was only a base Gotenks level threat, with him only going SSJ for a brief second during the final blow.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    I thought it was more like Goku was given some amount of chi/energy to fuel his presence on Earth, so going SS3 burned through those reserves?

He still uses it when alive in later stories, though, right?

Weird.
    I think it was Kaiou-sama that said Goku could only use SSJ3 effectively while dead and in the afterlife due to the unlimited amount of "time" he had under those circumstances (though in all fairness, he never used it while alive until that final battle, so he might not have been using it right at that point). No one involved in his one day pass (namely Urunai Baba) head anywhere near the reserves to fuel mid-DB level kid Goku for an hour, much less Buu-Saga Goku for 24 hours, so it's pretty much the only explanation that makes sense for why his and Gotenks' time restrictions went down the tubes so quickly.

Edit: Also, while I'm not especially fond of Avocado, Tarble and Gurei meeting Vegeta make that OVA amazing.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-09-2015 at 04:28 PM.

I think it was Kaiou-sama that said Goku could only use SSJ3 effectively while dead and in the afterlife due to the unlimited amount of "time" he had under those circumstances (though in all fairness, he never used it while alive until that final battle, so he might not have been using it right at that point). No one involved in his one day pass (namely Urunai Baba) head anywhere near the reserves to fuel mid-DB level kid Goku for an hour, much less Buu-Saga Goku for 24 hours, so it's pretty much the only explanation that makes sense for why his and Gotenks' time restrictions went down the tubes so quickly.
    Huh.

Well, Fusions also have a time limit, too, so maybe it's tied to something like that. Even SS4 Fusion broke up early because of an excess power surge.

Edit: Also, while I'm not especially fond of Avocado, Tarble and Gurei meeting Vegeta make that OVA amazing.
    My tip?

Just don't ask for it at Chipotle.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I know this is off topic a little but SSJG wasn't the best idea, what they should have done was have a redone SS4 that would look like It did in GT (I know GT sucks) but have the hair/fur the same SS gold color & the eyes the same as other SS forms. Also, Instead of Ignoring one of the main rules of the Dragonballs (can't revive someone after a year) they could have redone the Black Star Dragonballs as well.

But have them only be able to grant 1 wish every 100 years or something like that.

Anyway, seeing as how Battle of the Gods was only like 5 years after the Buu Saga and It doesn't seem like any big bad guy came along in that time shouldn't the Z Fighters still be close to their Buu Saga levels?
    Last edited by Awesome-X; 07-09-2015 at 05:20 PM.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

-Robin Williams (Dead Poets Society)

~Member Since: 09/25/2009~
    ~Old CBR Post Count: 834~

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome-X View Post
    I know this is off topic a little but SSJG wasn't the best idea, what they should have done was have a redone SS4 that would look like It did in GT (I know GT sucks) but have the hair/fur the same SS gold color & the eyes the same as other SS forms. Also, Instead of Ignoring one of the main rules of the Dragonballs (can't revive someone after a year) they could have redone the Black Star Dragonballs as well.

But have them only be able to grant 1 wish every 100 years or something like that.

Anyway, seeing as how Battle of the Gods was only like 5 years after the Buu Saga and It doesn't seem like any big bad guy came along in that time shouldn't the Z Fighters still be close to their Buu Saga levels?
    i'd have to disagree. i always thought SSJ4 looked..........overblown and tacky. i first saw this form in "final bout" and i thought goku was wearing a vest or jacket or something.

SSJG just looks more streamlined and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Guy, it's pretty unanimous that Beerus, either version, wins this battle. Now we're dwelling into headache-inducing territory that has little to do with the OP anymore. Best to just close it while civility is still relatively intact.

Or just Omega-Effect detracting Rumblers with your Mod powers. It's what I, and possibly Siriel, would do.

Gotcha. I'll close it since we're pretty much done.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.