Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Should Bendis have Storm join the NXS after AXIS as it's 2nd-in-command ?

IMHO she should join with Cyclops' team as his 2nd-in-command after AXIS. She'd be of more use over there instead of at the JGS. She's a great teacher. The students there could use her help as much as the JGS ones did.

Let Rachel lead the X-Ladies team as I believe she is a better leader than Storm.

What do you guys think ?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    IMHO she should join with Cyclops' team as his 2nd-in-command after AXIS. She'd be of more use over there instead of at the JGS. She's a great teacher. The students there could use her help as much as the JGS ones did.

Let Rachel lead the X-Ladies team as I believe she is a better leader than Storm.

What do you guys think ?
    No No and Noooooook!! Storm does not need to be reporting to Scott or anyone else for that matter. I would love for her to branch off from the xmen and develop her on mission and initiative as far as the direction she wants to lead mutants/humans alike in a world where the two can coexist with fear and prejudice.

The JGS would lose what little credibility it has left if Storm walked away

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    No No and Noooooook!! Storm does not need to be reporting to Scott or anyone else for that matter. I would love for her to branch off from the xmen and develop her on mission and initiative as far as the direction she wants to lead mutants/humans alike in a world where the two can coexist with fear and prejudice.
    The NXS is actively trying to SAVE mutants from harm, unlike the JGS. Storm's skills would be really helpful in this case. She is great at being a 2nd-in-command, could handle the school just fine in Cyclops' absence and be quite good in the field alongside mutants like Tempus & Magik etc. The perfect fire support to a field team under Cyclops' command.

Meh. I don't think it'll magically make either UXM a more interesting book or Storm suddenly have more guidance going forwards. More than likely she'll just slip into a funk of hanging around at the back of crowd scenes, nodding along to Cyclops speeches, and only being noticable during fights.

I'm starting to think the best option would be for Storm and other important-but-underutilized characters to go rogue and form a third splinter group, called the Actually Useful School (AUS...maybe they can operate from Australia for laffs) who are proactive about superhero business, public awareness and mutant rights issues, as opposed to the current states of sitting around doing nothing (JGS) or also sitting around doing nothing but with angrier rhetoric and hiding in a supervillain doom bunker (NXS). Probably won't happen, though, since it makes sense and stuff...
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    TBH I think not. Rachel can be a better leader than Storm and she should be just fine leading the school that's named after her own mother lol. She's got a good, solid support staff and if they let guys like Captain Britain and Cannonball a little more panel time ( Or have Cannonball as the co-leader with Rachel ), I think it would be balanced out just fine.

The NXS already has it's second in command in Scott Summers. Bendis pet character Kitty Pryde currently leads them in a most boring revolution.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Rachel would step up, or Psylocke, but otherwise, spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    The NXS already has it's second in command in Scott Summers. Bendis pet character Kitty Pryde currently leads them in a most boring revolution.
    Wow, I don't think you can be more wrong. Hell, she only shows up in UXM to either c**kblock or tell Scott not to touch the 05.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think you're pretty swell, but that last sentence is wishful thinking as for now. I do agree that her in the NXS would do her NO favors, though, so yeah, she should not be in part of the NXS. Give us more Emma screen time, no need for Storm. She can do fine all by herself.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Rachel would step up, or Psylocke, but otherwise, spot on.

Wow, I don't think you can be more wrong. Hell, she only shows up in UXM to either c**kblock or tell Scott not to touch the 05.
    Well just look at how successful Kitty was in teaching Jeen to control her telepathy/telekinesis.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

No thanks. Storm is a very, VERY powerful mutant, but she's actually not a very interesting character. I don't think her personality would provide anything but a muting effect on what Scott has going on at NXS. As it is, I think Scott is kind of on his own in terms of intensity of vision there. Magneto was helpful in that regard, but, he's gone now. Magik is very intense, but, not in terms of vision or direction -- she's just a little ... unstable =P .... which is GREAT btw! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    No thanks. Storm is a very, VERY powerful mutant, but she's actually not a very interesting character. I don't think her personality would provide anything but a muting effect on what Scott has going on at NXS. As it is, I think Scott is kind of on his own in terms of intensity of vision there. Magneto was helpful in that regard, but, he's gone now. Magik is very intense, but, not in terms of vision or direction -- she's just a little ... unstable =P .... which is GREAT btw! ^_^
    Magneto is coming back in the next issue.

BANNED

I think Colossus would be a better fit. He's a seasoned veteran of the X-Men and it would be nice to see him in a leadership role for a change. Also, Piotr being on the same team as Magik would be very entertaining.
    Last edited by sprior93; 10-27-2014 at 11:22 PM.

No.
    Storm is better at the JGS.
    NXS already poached Kitty and there's no need to steal another headmistress.

BANNED

It has never looked right for the more smarter Storm to be under Cyclops.