Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

I try to avoid stuff like that. Sometimes they reveal too much. Can you link me to the one you read for that issue?

EDIT: Nevermind, I used this Google contraption and found it. =) I dunno.... the phrasing seems ambiguous. Which is probably on purpose. I could see that phrasing meaning any number of possibilities -- but that includes the possibility you're proposing, of course.
    Last edited by JoeWithoutFear; 10-29-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    I try to avoid stuff like that. Sometimes they reveal too much. Can you link me to the one you read for that issue?

EDIT: Nevermind, I used this Google contraption and found it. =) I dunno.... the phrasing seems ambiguous. Which is probably on purpose. I could see that phrasing meaning any number of possibilities -- but that includes the possibility you're proposing, of course.
    The phrasing is always ambiguous...and sometimes an outright lie.

I thought the whole ideology was JGS helps underaged mutants gain control of their powers and teaches all encompassing aspects of mutant history and what it means to be a mutant. NXS uses more mature students to train and use as soldiers for his revolution and take down enemy threats?
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 10-30-2014 at 10:01 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    You make it seem much more exciting than the actual narrative. When will you be taking over Uncanny? I'll buy the first book + all the variants but I can't guarantee I'll stick around if the quality isn't sustained throughout the first arc or if the quality drops after the first arc.
    Lol...I wish. I could not make long enough story to even keep myself interested. While I have always wanted to be in the creative process of comics, forums like this make me realize I will never have thick enough skin to go through what other creators do.
    In all truth though, I do think she would make a stellar villain. The back and forth she has had for years now could easily be attributed to her desire to lead and rule (which is something most villainous want). The current version of Storm, after all this time, is written as if she does not know herself and is "always searching" for a defined purpose. Of all the X-men, I could see her running a true revolution and leading others to get there hands dirty by any means possible and still claiming she loves and protects life. She could almost be very cult-leader in her approach, that and if it came down to it, she would have the power to back up her wants/needs.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I thought the whole ideology was JGS helps underaged mutants gain control of their powers and all encompassing aspects of mutant history and what is means to be a mutant. NXS uses more mature students to train and use as soldiers for his revolution and take down enemy threats?
    Trained to be able to fight back, not to be Cyclops's X-force. At worst, the whole "soldier" thing is still voluntary, as shown with Fabio.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Of all the X-men, I could see her running a true revolution and leading others to get there hands dirty by any means possible and still claiming she loves and protects life. She could almost be very cult-leader in her approach, that and if it came down to it, she would have the power to back up her wants/needs.
    I don't get it. How is any of this different from the actual Storm? The character has a well-documented history of abusing her subordinates and then pulling the BFF/family card to secure their waning loyalties.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I don't get it. How is any of this different from the actual Storm? The character has a well-documented history of abusing her subordinates and then pulling the BFF/family card to secure their waning loyalties.
    Very true, but it has never been "owned". It has always been scapegoated away. They just need to own the corruption of her soul and it would really elevate her. Otherwise it is like watching a Real Housewife try to constantly back out of a lie and gets super tired.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Very true, but it has never been "owned". It has always been scapegoated away.
    I know. It's awesome, lol.

They just need to own the corruption of her soul and it would really elevate her.
    I dunno. Perfect!Storm was all kinds of melodramatically awful. An Inverted, Evil Storm just might make mustache-twirling villains change sides just so people won't think they're friends with her.

Otherwise it is like watching a Real Housewife try to constantly back out of a lie and gets super tired.
    LMAO. Well put.

BANNED

Lol...I wish. I could not make long enough story to even keep myself interested. While I have always wanted to be in the creative process of comics, forums like this make me realize I will never have thick enough skin to go through what other creators do.
    In all truth though, I do think she would make a stellar villain. The back and forth she has had for years now could easily be attributed to her desire to lead and rule (which is something most villainous want). The current version of Storm, after all this time, is written as if she does not know herself and is "always searching" for a defined purpose. Of all the X-men, I could see her running a true revolution and leading others to get there hands dirty by any means possible and still claiming she loves and protects life. She could almost be very cult-leader in her approach, that and if it came down to it, she would have the power to back up her wants/needs.
    That's not Storm though.