Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Should Bendis have Storm join the NXS after AXIS as it's 2nd-in-command ?

IMHO she should join with Cyclops' team as his 2nd-in-command after AXIS. She'd be of more use over there instead of at the JGS. She's a great teacher. The students there could use her help as much as the JGS ones did.

Let Rachel lead the X-Ladies team as I believe she is a better leader than Storm.

What do you guys think ?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    IMHO she should join with Cyclops' team as his 2nd-in-command after AXIS. She'd be of more use over there instead of at the JGS. She's a great teacher. The students there could use her help as much as the JGS ones did.

Let Rachel lead the X-Ladies team as I believe she is a better leader than Storm.

What do you guys think ?
    No No and Noooooook!! Storm does not need to be reporting to Scott or anyone else for that matter. I would love for her to branch off from the xmen and develop her on mission and initiative as far as the direction she wants to lead mutants/humans alike in a world where the two can coexist with fear and prejudice.

The JGS would lose what little credibility it has left if Storm walked away

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    TBH I think not. Rachel can be a better leader than Storm and she should be just fine leading the school that's named after her own mother lol. She's got a good, solid support staff and if they let guys like Captain Britain and Cannonball a little more panel time ( Or have Cannonball as the co-leader with Rachel ), I think it would be balanced out just fine.

The NXS already has it's second in command in Scott Summers. Bendis pet character Kitty Pryde currently leads them in a most boring revolution.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Rachel would step up, or Psylocke, but otherwise, spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    The NXS already has it's second in command in Scott Summers. Bendis pet character Kitty Pryde currently leads them in a most boring revolution.
    Wow, I don't think you can be more wrong. Hell, she only shows up in UXM to either c**kblock or tell Scott not to touch the 05.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Fantastic Member

Storm isn't really doing anything with the school. It's not her school in the way it's Cyclops' school. Maybe with the Death of Logan, Storm might move into that area but otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    No No and Noooooook!! Storm does not need to be reporting to Scott or anyone else for that matter. I would love for her to branch off from the xmen and develop her on mission and initiative as far as the direction she wants to lead mutants/humans alike in a world where the two can coexist with fear and prejudice.
    The NXS is actively trying to SAVE mutants from harm, unlike the JGS. Storm's skills would be really helpful in this case. She is great at being a 2nd-in-command, could handle the school just fine in Cyclops' absence and be quite good in the field alongside mutants like Tempus & Magik etc. The perfect fire support to a field team under Cyclops' command.

BANNED

The NXS is actively trying to SAVE mutants from harm, unlike the JGS. Storm's skills would be really helpful in this case. She is great at being a 2nd-in-command, could handle the school just fine in Cyclops' absence and be quite good in the field alongside mutants like Tempus & Magik etc. The perfect fire support to a field team under Cyclops' command.

Both sides save mutants, just different ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Both sides save mutants, just different ideologies.
    Yup. The NXS believes in going to mutants in trouble and saving them while the JGS sit at their school sits around waiting for mutants in need of saving to come to them.

Yup. The NXS believes in going to mutants in trouble and saving them while the JGS sit at their school sits around waiting for mutants in need of saving to come to them.
    lets blame it all on Bendis.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

That's factually wrong, JGS sends people too in order to help newly-formed mutants. That's how Shark-Girl was helped for example.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think you're pretty swell, but that last sentence is wishful thinking as for now. I do agree that her in the NXS would do her NO favors, though, so yeah, she should not be in part of the NXS. Give us more Emma screen time, no need for Storm. She can do fine all by herself.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I think you're pretty swell, but that last sentence is wishful thinking as for now. I do agree that her in the NXS would do her NO favors, though, so yeah, she should not be in part of the NXS. Give us more Emma screen time, no need for Storm. She can do fine all by herself.
    I fancy you a lot too love... but its nothing wrong with dreaming..

Is emma not being featured in the nxs book? I dont follow it at al so I thought she got just as much panel time as scott

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Magneto is coming back in the next issue.
    Yea, but to stay and rejoin the team or just to be in the next issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    I'd rather have Rachel switch over to Uncanny actually.

1) I'd love to actually see some father-daughter time between Cyke and Rachel.
    That might be cool because I feel like in 25 years of on-and-off comic book reading I have NEVER seen this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    I think Colossus would be a better fit. He's a seasoned veteran of the X-Men and it would be nice to see him in a leadership role for a change. Also, Piotr being on the same team as Magik would be very entertaining.
    After AvX I believe they planned to murder each other at first sight. Has that changed? All forgiven? Or has it just been forgotten "because comic books"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    They tried that with Utopia.

And we all know how that went down when Wolverine tricked the Avengers to raze Utopia and imprison the children because he was angry that Cyclops wasn't returning his calls.
    I miss Utopia so much. It's my favorite X-Men era to date and a big reason why I came back to comics at all!