Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Nah. She'll be too busy clearing her name from crimes she didn't commit while conveniently not paying for the crimes she did commit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    It has never looked right for the more smarter Storm to be under Cyclops.
    Intelligence =/= leadership skills.

By that logic, Beast should be in charge of the X-men.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xargukon View Post
    Intelligence =/= leadership skills.

By that logic, Beast should be in charge of the X-men.
    Amen
    (10 Char)
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Bendis can't write Storm. Leave Scott to his harem, Storm's too much of an alpha for him.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

I'd rather have Rachel switch over to Uncanny actually.

1) I'd love to actually see some father-daughter time between Cyke and Rachel.

2) Rachel, Kitty and Illyana together would be awesome and Emma's nightmare.

3) Rachel would have some Grown Up daughter-Teen Mother time too.

4) There would be someone to properly train Jean Grey in TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    I'd rather have Rachel switch over to Uncanny actually.

1) I'd love to actually see some father-daughter time between Cyke and Rachel.

2) Rachel, Kitty and Illyana together would be awesome and Emma's nightmare.

3) Rachel would have some Grown Up daughter-Teen Mother time too.

4) There would be someone to properly train Jean Grey in TP.
    I do like parts of your idea and agree that Rachel would be a much better fit over at the CXS than Storm, though they would then have six telepaths at the school, which is a tad excessive.

I want them to combine the schools into the Charles Xavier's Institute for the Gifted and have Storm leading one team and Cyke the other. Maybe throw in another X-Team with Rogue as the leader...

there shouldn't be a NSX after Axis. Ideally, the teams would merge as a unified group again

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The JGS would lose what little credibility it has left if Storm walked away
    Storm isn't really doing anything with the school. It's not her school in the way it's Cyclops' school. Maybe with the Death of Logan, Storm might move into that area but otherwise?

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I want them to combine the schools into the Charles Xavier's Institute for the Gifted and have Storm leading one team and Cyke the other. Maybe throw in another X-Team with Rogue as the leader...
    Yep, I think two schools is one too many for the franchise, and dilutes the brand too much. (Especially when ANXM is a third teen book). Uncanny is the flagship X-men book, and should be full of big name X-Men and set a direction for the franchise. I'd combine the schools and keep one or two of the rookies on Uncanny, and add several of the absent X characters to Cyclops's team.
    Storm would be head of the only school.

So Uncanny would be Cyclops, Emma, Magik, Kitty, Magneto, keep Tempus and the cuckoos and add Bishop, Frenzy, (she and Scott have issues) and Warpath. In the background he'd have a few other characters with useful skills, like Forge, Danger and Kavita Rao.
    "Self has no time for this."

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Nah, Storm can stay at "that" school. It needs a Headmistress after all.

Instead Rachel should be to her father's team. Heck, use MM as an excuse for why she insists on being on the team so that she can keep an eye on him since she's the only one that has any hope of controlling MM or at least stalling him for the rest of the team if he loses it.

Though I do agree with you OP in regards to Rachel. She should officially be leading the "X-Men" team as she already is doing it in series anyway with Storm differing to Rachel and the team seeing and accepting Rachel's leadership and commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Yep, I think two schools is one too many for the franchise, and dilutes the brand too much. (Especially when ANXM is a third teen book). Uncanny is the flagship X-men book, and should be full of big name X-Men and set a direction for the franchise. I'd combine the schools and keep one or two of the rookies on Uncanny, and add several of the absent X characters to Cyclops's team.
    Storm would be head of the only school.

So Uncanny would be Cyclops, Emma, Magik, Kitty, Magneto, keep Tempus and the cuckoos and add Bishop, Frenzy, (she and Scott have issues) and Warpath. In the background he'd have a few other characters with useful skills, like Forge, Danger and Kavita Rao.
    You're kidding right? Bishop, that genocidal monster, needs to stay the heck away from any decent team. Magneto also seems to like doing his own thing, he has no reason to want to be a part of Cyke's team, and listening to his orders, when he's doing fine all on his own.

No love for Rachel?
    Last edited by Sardorim; 10-28-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xargukon View Post
    I do like parts of your idea and agree that Rachel would be a much better fit over at the CXS than Storm, though they would then have six telepaths at the school, which is a tad excessive.
    They already have 5 telepaths . Malloy is a telepath as well . JGS also has no shortage of telepaths themselves even if Rachel leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    IMHO she should join with Cyclops' team as his 2nd-in-command after AXIS. She'd be of more use over there instead of at the JGS. She's a great teacher. The students there could use her help as much as the JGS ones did.

Let Rachel lead the X-Ladies team as I believe she is a better leader than Storm.

What do you guys think ?
    I think she's not Kitty Pryde, she's not gonna drop her philosophical stance out of nowhere.
    She was anti-Scott's revolution from day 1.
    Now, if her Inversion stick after Axis ? Well, you never know, she could stay only to takeover the NXS, yes.
    But if she goes back to normal Storm, then her joining Scott's movement is just wishful thinking.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

No, I don't see she's willing to join a school full of "revolutionaries".
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    They already have 5 telepaths . Malloy is a telepath as well . JGS also has no shortage of telepaths themselves even if Rachel leaves
    Indeed, and if Rachel leaves than the school can have more room to force QQ down everyone's throats so Marvel wins!

Besides, Rachel was entrusted as Xavier's "successor" as he handed the torch to her in AvX after acknowledging her power and potential. She was also the one that was tasked with dealing with MM so being at Cyke's school means she can better keep an eye on MM.