View Poll Results: Which Future Film list is Better: DC or Marvel ?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • DC

30 26.79%
  • Marvel

82 73.21%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    On Halloween, I saw kids wearing all these costumes: Arrow, Flash (!!), Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, Iron Man, Captain America.
    Yup, my sister also told me that quite a few kids were wearing a Flash costume at her school (I am wondering if those kids are watching the show?).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Neither for me. I may see Aquaman. Despite my loathing of Civil War, I will probably see Cap 3, but outside of these nothing else really. I am not a fan of many of these characters so I cannot pit one company against the other. I think it's great both companies are stepping up to the plate though, so the fans win regardless.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Marvel by Long way (although I am bias I do try to take all accounts)

DC still needs to prove they have the right stuff.. Currently IMO BVS is still in the 50/50 slot .. it certain to make money but as to positive approval... VERY iffy ,
    Marvel has a proven track record and know how to make you take interest in things you usually don't .. ex Captain America is not even close to my fav character.. yet CA: WS is my favorite Marvel movie..

We wont know how DC does until we see BVS to give us some clue..

The Nolan Batman movies were excellent films. Well shot, great actors, fairly well thought out mythology but it is not the DC Comics Batman. Its an alternate take on the Batman universe. It was focused more on making a great movie than on being accurate for comic fans. I always felt that these movies were more like extreme police action films than true superhero movies.

Marvel seems to work a little harder at building a universe that is as close as they can make to the comic book version while still making a great movie. Granted they can't always stick to the source material because times change and some things don't translate easily. When you take into account what they've done with fairly obscure characters (i.e. Groot, Rocket Raccoon, or hell even Winter Soldier) it pretty impressive.

Prior to the introduction of the MCU, I doubt many of us on this forum would have ever imagined characters like Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, or Captain America could rival the merchandising and mainstream appeal of traditional heavy hitters like Superman, Batman, or Spiderman. Its been because Marvel has made some spectacular movies that have appealed to a wide range of fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Chi View Post
    Prior to the introduction of the MCU, I doubt many of us on this forum would have ever imagined characters like Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, or Captain America could rival the merchandising and mainstream appeal of traditional heavy hitters like Superman, Batman, or Spiderman.
    While I agree with your point, I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that Hawkeye and Black Widow are rivaling the merchandising and mainstream appeal of Superman, Batman, and Spider-man.

BANNED

Marvel. They care about their characters.

DC/WB only care what looks good through Batman's taint.

You're right. Hawkeye and Black Widow probably take the example a little far.

The Nolan Batman movies were excellent films. Well shot, great actors, fairly well thought out mythology but it is not the DC Comics Batman. Its an alternate take on the Batman universe. It was focused more on making a great movie than on being accurate for comic fans. I always felt that these movies were more like extreme police action films than true superhero movies.

Marvel seems to work a little harder at building a universe that is as close as they can make to the comic book version while still making a great movie. Granted they can't always stick to the source material because times change and some things don't translate easily. When you take into account what they've done with fairly obscure characters (i.e. Groot, Rocket Raccoon, or hell even Winter Soldier) it pretty impressive.

Prior to the introduction of the MCU, I doubt many of us on this forum would have ever imagined characters like Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, or Captain America could rival the merchandising and mainstream appeal of traditional heavy hitters like Superman, Batman, or Spiderman. Its been because Marvel has made some spectacular movies that have appealed to a wide range of fans.
    Very much agreed with this. Marvel Studios has constructed a pretty wide-ranging universe, thus far.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Yup, my sister also told me that quite a few kids were wearing a Flash costume at her school (I am wondering if those kids are watching the show?).
    I saw 7 Batmans and 7 ninja turtles, nothing else
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I'm excited for DC's stuff, but it feels like movies that they should have already made for the most part, so it's almost "of course that's what they're doing." Whereas Marvel's list has some pretty big surprises in it, so I'm far more excited for those.
    Host of Loose Staples: A Comic Book Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I saw 7 Batmans and 7 ninja turtles, nothing else
    Funny. It's completely different where I am. I also saw a lot of Turtles, but overwhelmingly Marvel costumes.

Captain America - 5
    Iron Man - 5
    Rocket Racoon - 3 (one kid even had a baby Groot)!
    Superman - 2 (unless you count the entire family in Superman/Supergirl costumes then it would be 5)
    Black Widow - 2
    Spiderman - 2
    Flash - 2
    Wolverine - 1 (not the movie version either. He was 80's black and yellow costume)
    Winter Soldier - 1
    Batman - 1
    Thor - 1
    Last edited by Iron Chi; 11-04-2014 at 06:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Maybe. Up until not that long ago they had been playing JLU reruns on CW too.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

"Best predictor of future behaviour is..."

So, Marvel. I have almost no faith in any DC movie project, whereas even the Marvel ideas I'm not a fan of (GotG) have been outstanding.

Now... I'm notoriously biased against DC, especially where the Big Three are concerned, but I do wish nothing but the best for DC.

Funny. It's completely different where I am. I also saw a lot of Turtles, but overwhelmingly Marvel costumes.
    It was hard for me to spot the Marvel costumes amidst the Frozen sea of Elsas, but yeah: more Marvel than DC.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 11-05-2014 at 06:54 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I amost got ran over by thomas the train