View Poll Results: Which Future Film list is Better: DC or Marvel ?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • DC

30 26.79%
  • Marvel

82 73.21%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default So when it comes down to it Who has the better list of future Movies: DC or Marvel ?

Like all good comic fans we all have our favorites, now it seems that the fight between favorites has taken up to the BIG SCREEN. Now given the recent news of New Marvel Movies for the next 5 years along with the recent news of DC Comics themed movies : Which company has the better potential of success in the future of films ?

DC or Marvel ?

BANNED

I'm a Marvel fan ... and honestly, DC. I wasn't clamouring for Inhumans, Captain Marvel, Civil War or Black Panther. Haven't seen Guardians Of The Galaxy and have no real desire to. The Infinity War movies are the bright spots and let's hope Thor 3 is better than Thor: TDW.

Even as someone who isn't a DC fan, I can look forward to The Rock as Black Adam and Batman v Superman (although I couldn't care less about the rest of the Justice League and wish they weren't being crowbarred into that film).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

DC is putting Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman on the big screen together. Nothing Marvel does is going to get me more hyped than that.*

Doesn't help that, of the 10 films Marvel released so far, only 3 of them are any good. And even with those, the replay value isn't that high.

*provided BvS doesn't utterly tank, of course.

it's hard not to be biased here. If I had to pick I'd say Marvel because of Black Panther.

Wonder Woman's probably still a bigger name and icon than Captain Marvel. Than DC's got Aquaman, Shazam and Cyborg that have me intrigued but they are all a few years off.

I'm a little more eager for Justice League, because I've already seen Avengers and I'm familiar with a lot of these characters for the last few years. With DC these are all new iterations outside of Superman and his supporting.

That being said, BP still tops everything else for me
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    I'm a Marvel fan ... and honestly, DC. I wasn't clamouring for Inhumans, Captain Marvel, Civil War or Black Panther. Haven't seen Guardians Of The Galaxy and have no real desire to. The Infinity War movies are the bright spots and let's hope Thor 3 is better than Thor: TDW.

Even as someone who isn't a DC fan, I can look forward to The Rock as Black Adam and Batman v Superman (although I couldn't care less about the rest of the Justice League and wish they weren't being crowbarred into that film).
    Whaatt ? Should go watch guardians of the galaxy , it's a fun movie with the right amount of action , humor and emotional drama.

I'm a Marvel fan boy at heart but that lies in the X-Men even though I am not pleased at all with the direction of those films. With that being said both sides look promising, but I want to see what DC is going to do more. Marvels movies usually fall in the good or decent/ok to un-enjoyably flat range to me but I loved TDK trilogy and I really enjoyed MoS.

DC's putting Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman on the same screen together. And then, will have the Justice League. So this if I absolutely had to choose, because both look very exciting indeed. Whether they'll all be good or not remains to be seen, however. And, what if one or two don't perform well? What happens then?

Amazing Member

Really excited about both lineups. I'm a bit concerned that if BvS: Dawn underwhelms, the DC lineup may be scrambled a bit. So I guess my vote goes to Marvel. They've just been masterful in their casting and director choices. There is also a very strong direction and narrative thread that has connected their movies. DC still has a lot to prove (still not sure Zach Snyder is a wise choice).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post

You don't know what you're missing! You have to see Guardians.

Marvel sounds like it's putting more than one egg in the Civil War basket. I hated Civil War in the comics, so DC is looking better and better
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    You don't know what you're missing! You have to see Guardians.
    I will eventually.

I have to admit, Marvel has more movies that I'm excite about. But they also have more movies, period.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

I am a DC guy but Marvel built a lot of faith and trust in them through their Phase 1 movies and I really enjoyed Cap 2 and GotG.

DC has only one movie to date in their Cinematic Universe entry which I wasn't enthused about and I can't say I am excited by all the TDKR influences in Bat vs Sup. Time will tell how well both companies will do.

DC is just going to have work to earn that trust and loyalty.
    Last edited by John Venus; 10-28-2014 at 04:07 PM.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

DC just because I don't know what I'm going to get. With Marvel, I know I'm probably getting a mediocre to decent film that can take up a solid 2 hours in the theater. I expect DC to be somewhat similar but as of now, it's unknown so I'm more interested in that

BANNED

I got to go Marvel but that is also because they have a proven track record and I am pretty confident that their slate will actually happen. DC not so much.