View Poll Results: Which Future Film list is Better: DC or Marvel ?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • DC

30 26.79%
  • Marvel

82 73.21%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Both for me. I love the idea of all these properties I'm not familar, or overly familar, with, getting explored and put out there, with Marvel, be it Inhumans, or not.

Or, my Uncle having his favourite childhood superhero, Doctor Strange, getting a live-action, feature-length, theatrical release, Cumberbatch or not - just go ahead and do it, Marvel!

Then, I love that, even if it's a shame that Wonder Woman hasn't got a film since 2009, a live action film at all, at least it's a big comic book character, or pop culture icon, getting interpreted again, in a fresh, exciting way. Or, for the first time, to some extent.

Then, all these other, non Superman or Batman heroes getting films? Yeeeessss. Excited as Spider-Man swinging through New York.

I wish there was a both option, but I'm a bit more excited for a Justice League film that another Avengers film, though I sort of prefer Avengers generally, and LOVE Ultron, whereas they COULD theoretically go anywhere with the antagonist or villain in Parts One and Two of JL, which is brilliant, and terrifying, in a way.

Amazing Member

Going off of just the actual movies announced? Marvel.

Going off of how good the movies will actually be? Marvel.

Marvel I'm biased as hell but sorry as Iconic a trio Batman Superman and Wonder Woman may be. they don't get me excited. in a way that Civil War and the Infinity Gauntlet can.

Its hard to say. I love both company.DC's was unsuspected and most of the character are completely new to the big screen. However Marvel movies actualy made by Marvel haven't had anything close to not being a success yet in this recent stretch of movies. Ive Yet to go to a Marvel movie and be like Boo that isn't the character I love to read in the comics. They have proven time and time again that they can capture the essence of each character while adapting it for live action. Fox for example butchers the essence of most the X-men. They have made a few good movies despite taking away a lot things fans want for no real good reason. We Will have to wait and see how these movies from DC look. Man of Steel was enjoyable for me but no more then Thor 2 though(and people seem to like to criticize that movie). Neither great but neither bad. So Marvel has the advantage, as their track record shows the masses love the movies they are making. Batman and Superman have more mass appeal then any other characters. Yet I think Cap2 outdid Superman and Ironman3 out did well any solo movie. So people can complain all they want but the masses are loving what Marvels doing. Which means we keep getting more movies. Which even the worse of all the Marvel movies(Ironman 2 for me) is still very entertaining if nothing else.

I want to see DC and Marvel movies for a long time to come so I want both to do amazing. I wouldn't say I prefer one over the other except I have more faith in MCU atm(GOTG was amazing). Though DC fan boys seem to hate everything Marvel which kinda makes you want to jump on the Marvel side but In all Honestly I have love the Comics both sides makes. Im a fan boy for both sides.

There is no reason to believe that Marvel will do anything new with these movies.

The same is not true for DC and saying you do know what direction DC is going through is not possible.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would be much more excited about DC movies if Zack Snyder weren't in charge of guiding the DCCU. Otherwise, it'd just be 300 with superpowers. No heart, no charm, massive amounts of slow-mo, green screen, and sepia.

With that said, I'm so very, very excited about Black Panther, Capt. Marvel, GoTG, and the Avengers movies. Close behind is Ant-Man. On Team DC though, I'm more excited than I thought I would be about Suicide Squad and Justice League Dark, simply because they take the supergroup concept and play with it (JLD in particular. I've long wanted a good superhero movie that's also part horror).

I think Marvel for sure. I like that DC is doing its thing, but there a few factors at play here:

1. Marvel has made on impact on which heroes are popular for kids. 20 years ago, kids only knew Batman and Superman. Today, when I drop my kids off at school I see way more Avengers, X-Men, and Spiderman than I do Superman or Batman. In fact, the only time I see Superman merchandise it's on a parent. Batman is still popular because he's so danged cool, but the Nolan movies are too dark for most little kids. My 8 year old daughter was terrified by Heath Ledger's Joker.

2. As previously stated, Marvel has a proven track record of making awesome films.

3. Now that there is a little competition, Marvel is going to have to work a little harder to stay on top. This will hopefully keep Marvel from getting complacent.

At the end of the day, the real winners in all of this are the comic book fans. We get all of these amazing movies based on heroes and characters that we've loved our whole lives.

The Netflix/Agents of SHIELD vs Arrow/Flash/Constantine/Gotham battle should be interesting too.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Right now I have to give it to Marvel Easy!

But I am still looking forward to what DC comes-out with to answer what Marvel Just did today, so DC is getting better.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

At least there's actual films being deliberately planned and put into production. If you were a kid in the 80s, there was nothing except superman sequels and the Batman movie by the end of the decade. Absolutely zip from Marvel, leading into the early 90s except low-budget productions of Punisher and Captain America that went straight to video/cable (which at that time, was not considered critically acclaimed territory).

I'll admit to a bias and vote Marvel. I have zero interest in Batman v Superman, I still haven't seen Man of Steel, and I honestly don't ever really intend to.

The thing that I like about what Marvel is doing now is pulling concepts from places that we, even as fans, would have never dreamed possible before now. There hasn't been one movie that Marvel has done that I didn't think was at least good. Thor 2 was probably the weakest, followed by Iron Man 3. All DC has done so far is release a really bad Green Lantern movie and a Superman movie I didn't care anything about seeing, so.......
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

BANNED

I like both companies' characters, but in the movies DC can't even touch Marvel.

Man of Steel was a horrendous movie, entertaining enough the first time, but the longer you think about it the worse it gets. Truly abysmal. And they've not only handed the reigns of the Justice League to that director, they've set it up so he's the one introducing all the main characters of all their movies. I don't care how big a deal the Trinity together on screen is meant to be those movies will be terrible because Snyder simply cannot direct. Now, their other movies might be better, because he won't be involved, but the "no jokes" thing makes that unlikely also. And it's not a sure thing that any of those other movies will actually happen, given that they are dependant on BvS and JL doing well. People may be sick of Snyder by then. So I'm really not optimistic.

Whereas with Marvel, all of their movies have been good to excellent. Only Iron Man 2 was disappointing to me, and that was because the final act sucked. And they've just come off of Guardians of the Galaxy, which was pretty much universally loved. Their cache with the public is higher than it's ever been and these movies reflect that; we're going to get different things than ever before. It's exciting and we also have the tv shows to tie in, which isn't a possibility with the DC shows. So; Marvel.

Marvel. That's kind of interesting because I've been starting to get more into DC stuff recently. I just can't get excited for any of their movies after seeing Man of Steel and Green Lantern.
    Last edited by Randumbz; 10-28-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

BANNED

Marvel has Doc Strange, Captain Marvel, and Inhumans, while DC has Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam. So they'd be about equal. But Marvel has to take it just on the odds of Avengers: Infinity War being better than Justice League.

On paper, past Age of Ultron i'm more excited and interested with what DC has going on... however, i have so much more faith in Marvel making the better movies and i love their style and tone of movies, and so...

I'd have to go with Marvel taking everything into consideration, but DC does have some great stuff upcoming and could balance things out more if they live up to that potential.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Lol not even a competition. Marvel wins hands down. With the exception of the Thor and Iron-Man sequels, the MCU has created some great films.

DC...not so much. (Nolan's trilogy wasn't in the same universe as the other films.) MoS was a mess, and this Batman vs Superman film sounds like a clusterfuck mess with the millions of characters in it. The film being directed by Snyder isn't something to be hopeful about either. Though I hope good things for the Wonderwoman film though.

Seriously though, Avengers 2 and 3, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Inhumans? Shut up and take my money! Ugh I can't wait so many years!