Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they could either be true to the original concept and make an interesting story. or make an x-men knockoff to try and cash in on that audience (and fail majorly). it's their choice.
    Yeah because they've failed majorily many times so far. Wait no they haven't. I'd say they're after the GotG audience you know since it was larger than that X men DoFP audience.

marvel is currently failing miserably with the inhumans-as-mutants method, and historically inhumans always fails.

so, yes, they have a major uphill battle for this choice.

paul jenkins said as much in his interview recently. i think i trust him on this topic. he is after all, the person who created the most successful inhuman story to date. and he mentions that when he pitched the story marvel was vehemently against it, because inhumans always fails. he also talks about how inhumans-as-mutants is the wrong direction.

Niffleheim

I think the setting for the Inhumans and Captain Marvel will be Cosmic because their release dates falls between Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 & 2.

Fantastic Member

marvel is currently failing miserably with the inhumans-as-mutants method, and historically inhumans always fails.

so, yes, they have a major uphill battle for this choice.

paul jenkins said as much in his interview recently. i think i trustt him on this topic. he is after all, the person who created the most successful inhuman story to date.t and he mentions that when he pitched the story marvel was vehemently against it, because inhumans always fails. he also talks about how inhumans-as-mutants is the wrong direction.
    None of that has anything to do with the movies at all. As so many are fond of pointing out the movie going public by and large doesn't read comics and definitely doesnt read about supposed inter-company fighting. I would be willing to bet that the inhuman movie will be wildly successful as all their movies outside of Hulk have been. Im sure the reason for the Inhuman movie is too expand their cinematic characters and provide an easy to explain origin for powers. Now they may or at not decide to incorporate themes of discrimination and persecution to the inhuman story. I don't see how that is supposed to be a bad thing. In my opinion the more stories that deal with these issues the better. Especially with the emergence of marriage equality and the blowback from conservative groups wishing to legislate discrimination. It's important to have these themes presented to the public to show how ridiculous it all is. Now I guess you feel like FOX (who runs the most unabashedly conservative and anti progressive news channel) should be the sole studio to present these themes in film. I disagree and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Anyhow I thought you were boycotting all future Marvel movies and encouraging others to do the same? You wouldn't be going anyway.
    Last edited by chaosfist; 10-29-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    Anyhow I thought you were boycotting all future Marvel movies and encouraging others to do the same? You wouldn't be going anyway.
    you better believe i'll be boycotting inhuman! does that mean i'm not entitle to an opinion? LOL

BANNED

Good luck with that.

Fantastic Member

you better believe i'll be boycotting inhuman! does that mean i'm not entitle to an opinion? LOL
    Way to ignore everything else. Yes you are entitled to your opinion even if it's based on complete conjecture and speculation. However you are not representative of the average movie goer. So to say the movie will fail because of the way you feel about it isn't necessarily correct. As I pointed out the average movie goer does not read comics much less be deeply attached to a particular book. So I don't believe that the inhumans movie incorporating themes of discrimination and prejudice will result in it failing miserably as you have predicted.

Default uphill battle

1 'Captain America: Civil War' (May 6, 2016) 21.8% 2021
    2 'Captain Marvel' (July 6, 2018) 18.0% 1668
    3 'Black Panther' (November 3, 2017) 13.5% 1254
    4 'Avengers: Infinity War' Part I (May 2018) 13.5% 1250
    5 'Doctor Strange' (November 4, 2016) 8.7% 805
    6 'Avengers: Infinity War' Part 2 (May 2019) 7.6% 708
    7 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' (May 5, 2017) 7.0% 652
    8 'Inhumans' (November 2, 2018) 6.2% 571
    9 'Thor: Ragnarok' (July 28, 2017) 3.7% 340

BANNED

Polls don't reflect majority of people.

Fantastic Member

1 'Captain America: Civil War' (May 6, 2016) 21.8% 2021
    2 'Captain Marvel' (July 6, 2018) 18.0% 1668
    3 'Black Panther' (November 3, 2017) 13.5% 1254
    4 'Avengers: Infinity War' Part I (May 2018) 13.5% 1250
    5 'Doctor Strange' (November 4, 2016) 8.7% 805
    6 'Avengers: Infinity War' Part 2 (May 2019) 7.6% 708
    7 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' (May 5, 2017) 7.0% 652
    8 'Inhumans' (November 2, 2018) 6.2% 571
    9 'Thor: Ragnarok' (July 28, 2017) 3.7% 340
    Way to once again not address anything I posted and instead post random numbers without any citation as to where they came from. As the poster above pointed out this still isn't representative of the average movie goer. They don't anticipate these movies years in advance and go to websites to vote about them etc. They either see a trailer or hear from a friend etc. that a certain movie is out and they go see it. GotG was a complete unknown to the general public yet it ended up being the number 1 movie of the year. Maybe just maybe Marvel Studios knows what theyre doing.
    Last edited by chaosfist; 10-29-2014 at 11:12 AM.

ok sure. out of comic fans (core audience) sampled, virtually no one is anticipating the inhuman movie.

Fantastic Member

ok sure. out of comic fans (core audience) sampled, virtually no one is anticipating the inhuman movie.
    Comic book fans are not the core audience. There is no way that a movie makes 300 million plus domestic on the wallets of comic readers. There aren't that many of us. On top of that if you polled the same sample three years ago about which they were anticipating more DoFP or GotG which do you think would have won? Which one actually made the most money?

Oh Aces, quit stuffing the Inhuman Pinata with thumb tacks already.

Let them be excited.

Niffleheim

Comic fans aren't the core audience of all these movies marvel or dc has been releasing.

Remember when people were whining about them making a Guardians movie instead of Black Widow and still shoot the film's gross to 750 million dollars?

Yeah, people whine til the trailer comes out.