Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Arrow" EP Marc Guggenheim Takes On "X-Men" After Brian Wood

Marc Guggenheim will return to Marvel during his "Arrow" downtime, taking over the adjectiveless "X-Men" series with August's issue #18.

Full article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Marc Guggenheim will return to Marvel during his "Arrow" downtime, taking over the adjectiveless "X-Men" series with August's issue #18.

Full article here.
    This might be good news. I look forward to sampling the finished product.

o

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

PIXIE TIME, Marc Guggenheim!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Whoa. Very interesting. Didnt think wood would leave so soon. I wonder in marc is only doing the one arc? So woods swan song is shops father. I guess that's fitting.
    X-Men Forever

I hope the book will retain the New/Young X-Men back-up feature.

Hmm, that's too bad. I've actually been enjoying his book more than the Bendis books; I thought his writing on Ororo and Betsy was especially good.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

...and I'm out.

A tragedy, really. Great premise, decent start...but that's wot happens when you allow other people to get in the way of a good thing.

If only.....

I can't say that I'm upset with Marts, (he needed to come in and clean up the faeces) nor that I am terribly surprised...the writing was somewot on the wall when J9 was no longer present. Sadly, the previous editorial regime really frakked this title long, deep and hard...with a chainsaw.

At this stage why even bother? With Storm in WatxM and her solo, with Psylocke on X-Force...They should just let it die a natural death. (If they want the could re-do Generation X...with Rachel, Jubilee and Monet and the other young X-Men)
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 05-09-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Whoa. Very interesting. Didnt think wood would leave so soon. I wonder in marc is only doing the one arc? So woods swan song is shops father. I guess that's fitting.
    I think he is supposed to be long term so I guess at least 3-4 arcs

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGa View Post
    Hmm, that's too bad. I've actually been enjoying his book more than the Bendis books; I thought his writing on Ororo and Betsy was especially good.
    I like his characters moments too but I feel his storie telling in this issues were not his best. So excited to this new writer and the concept of X-Men meets Aliens! From the covers we see he keeps Jubilee and Rachel for sure and what looks to be Psylocke and Storm.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Wood got the short end of the stick re: casting choices due to editorial kerfluffery AND other writers calling dibs.

Memo to Guggenheim, through no fault of yours or Wood's, many of the "core characters" are boring. Let's freshen up the cast and make it more the x-title of the ultramod zeitgeist than catering to the fans of doddering old cows that have gone past their expiry date.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 05-09-2014 at 12:59 PM.

This is sad, but I figured Brian Wood's days on this book were numbered. Wood's run isn't perfect, there were definitely missteps and missed opportunities but other than the Sisterhood arc, I really liked it. That said, this X-men meets Aliens arc sounds really interesting. Is Marc Guggenheim any good?

Sad to hear that Brian Wood is leaving. But I think he's had a pretty good run. The past few issues have been inconsistent, but he's never written an issue that was really egregiously bad. That's something a lot of writers can't say. Wood's consistency is one of his strengths and I'm going to miss that from this book. I'm not too familiar with Marc Guggenheim's work, but I'm always willing to a new X-men writer a chance. A story that involves SWORD and a space adventure sounds like a nice way to kick things off. If Abigail Brand shows up, I don't see how it can go wrong.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Huh, this is kind of unexpected. Honestly, I'm kinda glad. Wood has been an odd fit with the X-Men. I did like his run, but there was always something missing in his run.

Guggenheim wrote Young X-Men right? Was that any good? It got canceled pretty quickly, didn't it?

I hope he continues Woods stuff with the students - I was just starting to like Bling! and Mercury.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Does this mean Greymalkin will join?