Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    It's definitely a mismatch in terms of raw power, but T'Challa would have a contingency plan to take down Strange. It would almost certainly depend on some kind of technology preventing Strange from accessing mystical energy. T'Challa is far more clever than Dr Strange, but he couldn't take him by himself without some kind of outside assistance.
    so BP needs a plot device.......

strange could beat BP though if the writer wrote that way

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    so BP needs a plot device.......

strange could beat BP though if the writer wrote that way
    Well, anyone can beat anyone if the writer writes it that way...

But, yeah, essentially. Dr Strange is one of the most powerful beings in the MU. T'Challa's power is essentially heightened senses, speed, mild enhanced strength, and a knowledge of martial arts, plus some link to the dead that I think only Jonathan Hickman really understands. No real comparison there, power-wise. However, T'Challa is also one of the smartest and most cunning men that Marvel has, comes from a technologically advanced society, and is always one step ahead of his opponents. I'm totally okay with T'Challa figuring out a way to stop Dr Strange, but he wouldn't be able to do it with just his own power.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

It's definitely a mismatch in terms of raw power, but T'Challa would have a contingency plan to take down Strange. It would almost certainly depend on some kind of technology preventing Strange from accessing mystical energy. T'Challa is far more clever than Dr Strange, but he couldn't take him by himself without some kind of outside assistance.

If he had to take down Dr Strange, Black Panther would probably start crying like he did in New Avengers. Then Strange would become a giant space demon and eat BP and his army.

Does BP even have an army anymore?

BANNED

Yeah in a straight up random encounter Strange obviously wins but Strange crushes most foes in straight up random encounters with Prep though yeah Black Panther could beat him probably similar to that field he used to cripple Mephisto.

BANNED

It depends whose comic it is.

T'Challa probably has some kind of contingency plan for battling Strange, but Dr Strange should win on terms of power alone. I would imagine that the way around this would be for T'Challa to develop some kind of technological field that prevents Strange from accessing mystical energy. That's normally how you job Dr. Strange.

I love both characters, though, so don't look at this as me putting down T'Challa for Dr Strange's benefit. Strange is one of the most powerful beings in the MU, but he's rarely written that way outside of his own series.
    A beautiful and straight forward post if ever I read on especially as it actually takes already etablished traits that T'Challa has exibited within continuity into conideration.

Behold T'Challa taking out Mephisto using the aformentioned tech/science you mentioned to accomplish said feat.

To me (unlike some) it should never really be about who's "the most powerful" but rather how each character uses their unique talents and abilities to win the day.

Fantastic Member

This thread isn't labeled who would beat whom, but who out of the new characters are the most powerful. Doctor Strange is most definitely one of them. We don't know which version of Captain Marvel we are going to see, or which version of Black Panther. I would say Binary/Carol is more powerful than Black Panther, but I also think Lord of the Dead has unexplored potential that could give him an edge.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

The other side of this is that if T'Challa did use some kind of field to cut off Strange from mystical energy, Strange should last about three seconds against T'Challa, and that's if T'Challa takes a deep breath before attacking. I don't care how many hours a week Strange puts in with Wong practicing martial arts, he's nowhere near the league of T'Challa. I could see this kind of cop-out done, too, to boost up Strange-- and it is based on established continuity-- but no non-powered martial artist outside of Shangi-Chi, The Cat, and maybe Elektra should be able to hang with T'Challa in a straight up fight. (Daredevil doesn't count because his radar sense gives him an advantage of knowing where to strike.)

BANNED

The other side of this is that if T'Challa did use some kind of field to cut off Strange from mystical energy, Strange should last about three seconds against T'Challa, and that's if T'Challa takes a deep breath before attacking. I don't care how many hours a week Strange puts in with Wong practicing martial arts, he's nowhere near the league of T'Challa. I could see this kind of cop-out done, too, to boost up Strange-- and it is based on established continuity-- but no non-powered martial artist outside of Shangi-Chi, The Cat, and maybe Elektra should be able to hang with T'Challa in a straight up fight. (Daredevil doesn't count because his radar sense gives him an advantage of knowing where to strike.)
    that's stupid..... this is one of the reasons i hate Black Panther...i hate prep-time warriors that can pull anything out their &#& and defeat characters much more powerful then him...

BP should never be able to beat Strange....but wait Black Panther has his "Anti Dr. Strange mechanical device".. one of the reasons i despise Batman.....

T'challa isn't even the king of prep that Reed is, who i hate as well.....i just hate those types of characters

BANNED

Really? U know Black Panther did Prep before Bat and his first appearance was him taking the whole F4 down without prep.

Still its a part of comics that shows up all the time and yeah sometimes its bs but its also very valid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    that's stupid..... this is one of the reasons i hate Black Panther...i hate prep-time warriors that can pull anything out their &#& and defeat characters much more powerful then him...

BP should never be able to beat Strange....but wait Black Panther has his "Anti Dr. Strange mechanical device".. one of the reasons i despise Batman.....

T'challa isn't even the king of prep that Reed is, who i hate as well.....i just hate those types of characters
    Which just goes to show the real reason why you started this thread.

You've admitted to hating the Black Panther as a character which is why you constantly question the characters intelligence and abilities measured against those of others.

In the fictional world of comics where Captain America and Nick Fury can take on the combined might of the U-Foes and beat them silly whilst having a friendly conversation, anything is possible.

No one said anything about T'Challa having an "Anti Dr. Strange mechanical device" but what I did provide scans depicting T'Challa outsmarting and besting Mephisto using Wakandan science and his own wit.

Does this automatically mean that T'Challa would be able to overwhelm Dr. Strange?

No it doesn't, but what it does illustrate is the sheer versatility of a character who (unlike Reed Richards) has a healthy respect for the unknown and prepares for it accordingly.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 10-28-2014 at 08:58 PM.