View Poll Results: Will Iron Patriot make it?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • He lives

2 28.57%
  • He dies

5 71.43%
    DaGameNJ

Default Avengers 2 Death (Theory)

After watching the new trailer that aired tonight I have a theory on an early Avenger death that will spark both an emotional reaction from the team and also contribute to Tony being driven towards registration.

I think Iron Patriot is going to die, and relatively early in the movie.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense (to me at least). There arent anymore Iron Man movies slated for the Phase 3 and most likely Iron Man 4 will be recast and somewhere around 2021. So of all the marvel movies coming out I dont see a strong need for two "iron man type" characters.

Next, Iron Patriot being featured prominently in the trailer (but never in armored form) seems to be an attempt to build an attraction with the audience and hence receive a reaction at his death. I think this will lend to Tony being a slightly more sympathetic character who feels his death may have preventable if registration were in affect (somehow), and it will create a more dichotomous effect with the audience where some may agree with him since his best friend was just killed.

Just a theory.

BANNED

It could be Hill. I think that would probably be better - at least in public opinion - than killing one black character before adding another, as if you can't have more than two or three on the team at once. People are already vocal enough about a lack of diversity. To kick that hornet's nest would be the last thing Marvel needs!

BANNED

Nah , it's hawkguy that bites it. Jeremy renner didn't sign a multi-movie deal with marvel , he bites it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post
    Nah , it's hawkguy that bites it. Jeremy renner didn't sign a multi-movie deal with marvel , he bites it.
    I heard he was scheduled to appear in Captain America 3. I wouldn't be surprised if he did die though (as it would almost seem like a punishment for him complaining about his role in the Avengers).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post
    No, he specifically said several times Marvel is keeping him around for a while.

BANNED

I could see Hulk meeting a permanent end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    It could be Hill. I think that would probably be better - at least in public opinion - than killing one black character before adding another, as if you can't have more than two or three on the team at once. People are already vocal enough about a lack of diversity. To kick that hornet's nest would be the last thing Marvel needs!
    So killing a female is better??? I personally hope no-one "bites it"

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I personally hope no-one "bites it"
    It's a Joss Whedon movie.
    In case somebody should die in this movie, there is the possibility he or she might return just like Coulson.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

BANNED

A female who is not likely to contribute much to the universe going forward.

I don't want anyone to die
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    A female who is not likely to contribute much to the universe going forward.
    I just feel the logic of "you can't kill a black male just after announcing the first black solo film" followed by a call to kill a female (even though they ALSO just announced the first female solo film) is... really bizarre thinking/massive double standard. Women are hardly bursting at the seams in numbers at the MCU either.

Extraordinary Member

obviously coulson will die again XD

I agree, to an extent. I wouldn't kill Maria off yet. Two episodes of AOS, to my knowledge, and as of next year, three Marvel films.

But, if they've gotta kill someone, I'd think Eric Selvig'd make a good, tragic death.

Wiser not to kill off any of the team. Most are coming back for future films, like Steve, Tony, Thor, at the very least. I suppose you could do it with the others, as Hulk doesn't supposedly have one - still empty slot or two! - and Black Widow, Hawkeye, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver don't have films on way, to ou knowledge.

I don't think either is better, but do a death to move the story ahread, emphasize threat, to develop a character, or progress their story. Doesn't matter to me if it's a man or woman. But, killing off someone that will not stay dead, like the big three, Iron Man, Captain America, or Thor, wouldn't make much sense to me. As in comics, to an extent.

But, don't do a death to have a death, or because you feel you have to. Do it because it works for the characters, the situation, the history established, or the film. But, not for the sake of it.

BANNED

Obviously agent Ward will redeem himself when he shows up to save Coulson and dying.