Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    That's why I said if I were *in* the MCU -- and a point about Black Widow in both Avengers and Winter Soldier is that Black Widow lost a good chunk of her humanity because of that ledger and she fights the good fight to help redeem herself. But the issue is violence vs. words being said, and if you're more offended by curse words than the actual violence and horrors that go on in the MCU, your priorities are kinda jacked. Saying "fuck" is not in any way worse than shooting someone (plenty of explosions in the MCU = plenty of death), but if you're worried more about language than loss of life, then you kind of need some perspective there.

I'm not complaining about violence or swear words, I'm complaining about the lack of taking the two of them in scale in relation to each other.

And I never said they don't swear in the MCU, I said I'm surprised by the lack of swearing in the Winter Soldier; there was a remarkable few swear words considering everything our heroes went through in that movie. Seriously, don't take everything so seriously or literally -- take a step back and consider the whole: every innocent person who died in that movie -- and there were a LOT of casualties -- would much rather say every swear word under the sun if it meant no deaths.
    I wasn't taking what you were saying very literally, which I guess is how I missed you meaning it as if you were actual a person in the movie. I thought you were talking about the content of a movie, movie ratings, and the language people use seeming unrealistic given the situation; not some weirdness about actual being in the movies and wanting nothing but good things for the characters or some such thing.

Marvel movies don't really have any violence; well, they've got violence, but nothing bad that you see. Even by PG-13 standards they don't go as far as something like the movie Mud. And they're aren't any horrors.

Astonishing Member

Punisher, they own him again for movies right?
    Punisher is probably the easiest property they have to make into a good movie, rated r would be a given.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

DAREDEVIL the series should have an R rated quality to it.

For films? MOON KNIGHT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Punisher, they own him again for movies right?
    Punisher is probably the easiest property they have to make into a good movie, rated r would be a given.
    It's so weird, Punisher seems like one of the easiest things to turn into a movie, but the last two were pretty terrible. Especially the last one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    DAREDEVIL the series should have an R rated quality to it.

For films? MOON KNIGHT.
    Has there been any word on the tone of the Netflix shows?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It's so weird, Punisher seems like one of the easiest things to turn into a movie, but the last two were pretty terrible. Especially the last one.
    And the irony of that is I've seen better Punisher films from other movies that isn't even called The Punisher

MoonKnight would be cool.
    In the Future a Shadow Lands or DareDevil Reborn story line might be a nice R rated Film.
    If Marvel gets Ghost Rider back I wouldn't mind a decent GR film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    MoonKnight would be cool.
    In the Future a Shadow Lands or DareDevil Reborn story line might be a nice R rated Film.
    If Marvel gets Ghost Rider back I wouldn't mind a decent GR film.
    I think Ghost Rider has returned to Marvel

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Punisher. He's the only character that needs an R rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think Ghost Rider has returned to Marvel
    Well then great lets get a decent Ghost Rider movie. They should start a R rated line of Movies. GhostRider,Punisher,MoonKnight, and Blade. Have them hinted as the same world as The Avengers but unrelated for the most part. They can tie to each other though.

Well then great lets get a decent Ghost Rider movie. They should start a R rated line of Movies. GhostRider,Punisher,MoonKnight, and Blade. Have them hinted as the same world as The Avengers but unrelated for the most part. They can tie to each other though.
    I agree. The first story arc from the 2nd Series of the comic would make a KILLER Movie with an R rating. Good Dark and Bloody.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Has there been any word on the tone of the Netflix shows?
    Sadly, no.

The images released are straight out of JRjr though. I watch ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK, and netflix can totally compete with cable. DAREDEVIL should be on the level of an HBO or SHOWTIME show in my opinion. He should be brutal and dark, with small lighter moments.

You can easily say that Manhattan was invaded by aliens, once you get passed the origin, and that superheroes saved us all. I think only Manhattan was invaded in THE AVENGERS right? It looked like it. I didn't get killed, and I'm sure Matt was fine over in Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    PG-13 films have conditioned you?
    Perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Winter Soldier was downright brutal at times, so much so that I found the lack of swearing almost *unrealistic.* People swear over mundane things burnt hamburgers or late TPS reports or traffic delays all the time; watching a guy get brutally yanked out of a car and thrown in front of a speeding truck would definitely give better reason to swear.
    I admit not being a fan of swearing in movies.
    Glad they mostly avoid that.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Marvel is now a brand that appeals to a wide audience. I seriously doubt they would tarnish their good name by making movies stupid parents would accidentally take their 5 year olds to.

Extraordinary Member

GotG3: Annihilation