Amazing Member

Default Anyone read Manifest Destiny?

Can anyone give me their impressions of this series overall so far? When it first debuted, I thought about getting it and then I didn't.. I never ended up picking any issue up but I know they were making multiple printings so I assume its doing fairly well... I was thinking of giving it a try now next week in Trade since the first Vol. issues 1-6 will be released in Paperback on the 14th, but I wanted to know if anyone had any opinions that may sway me either to or away from picking this up...

In terms of other Image series that are out now, I read: Chew, Manhattan Projects, Sheltered, and Black Science, East of West, and Sex Criminals... How would you say it stacks up against these series? Is it worth the pick up?

BANNED

I put Manifest Destiny on my pull list as soon as I heard about and thankfully didn't disappoint. One of my favorites to read. I also read Sheltered ( which might be my favorite comic right now),Black Science and East of West and I would say that Manifest Destiny easily stacks up against those. The first trade should be out soon if not already and Image trades are usually only $10 so there's a perfect oppurtunity for you to jump on board.

Powered By Gravity

I thought I was going to love it, but it didn't hold my attention like I thought it would. There just wasn't a character that I connected with. I know it's a hot title right now. I sold the first 5 issues for $70 on Ebay.

I've been reading it from the beginning and really enjoying it. It's hard to compare it to the titles you mentioned just because it's so different from all of them. The story has some cool twists and fantastic creatures and happenings in it. So if you like weird alternate reality stories you should enjoy it.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

Quote Originally Posted by KeenerED View Post
    I've been reading it from the beginning and really enjoying it. It's hard to compare it to the titles you mentioned just because it's so different from all of them. The story has some cool twists and fantastic creatures and happenings in it. So if you like weird alternate reality stories you should enjoy it.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I added this and Alex + Ada to my pull on a whim. Both are great books. Seems like you can't go wrong with Image these days.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I read it; along with Alex + Ada, Saga, Sex Criminals and Starlight. It is not as good as Saga but still really awesome. It's always on my pull list.

I reserved a copy of the first issue as soon as I heard about the series. So far, I'm loving it. It's a really fun book with beautiful art. I highly recommend it.

Amazing Member

Thanks for all the responses, everyone!... it seems like the general consensus is pretty positive on this title.. and like mentioned..$9.99 TPBs from Image is a good buy. Even though I have a few other Trades that I have still yet to read sitting on my shelf (Sex Criminals Vol. 1 and East of West Vol. 2.. Along with Chew Omnivore Vol.3).. I think I'll pick this up anyway and toss it on the shelf for a lazy afternoon read. Thanks all!