Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    You know given the recent thing with Hulk getting his intelligence and resolving to rid others of gamma radiation, I could almost believe that to be how Maestro got started. The current smarter Hulk battling his evil possible future could be interesting. Also wonder if Maestro might get involved in the other Planet Hulk teaser and try and enlist a multiverse of Hulks to serve him.
    This is very true. Doc Green could be the precursor to Maestro Hulk, which to be honest is something I thought about when i first learned of this new Hulk persona.

I also really like the idea of Maestro Hulk forming in army of inter-dimensional Hulks, which is actually kinda scary in some ways.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Pete Wiggins

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I also really like the idea of Maestro Hulk forming in army of inter-dimensional Hulks, which is actually kinda scary in some ways.

PAD wrote an out-of-continuity Hulk novel titled "What Savage Beast" in the mid-90's, in which the Maestro does just that. If you haven't read it, then you need to (but be warned, it's a massive tearjerker in many places). Getting back to the original topic, I'm genuinely interested to see where this goes; the Maestro is an awesome villain and a fascinating character, and it's always a delight to see Dale Keown drawing Hulk again (it's always a delight to see Dale Keown drawing anything, period).
    Last edited by Pete Wiggins; 10-29-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Doc Green’s story reminds me of this:

Hero-Envy-SilverSurferandHulkissue4.jpg

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This is very true. Doc Green could be the precursor to Maestro Hulk, which to be honest is something I thought about when i first learned of this new Hulk persona.

Me too, if Secret Wars really is about the various multiverses battling each other, Maestro leading an army of Hulks makes him a dangerous opponent for the House of M, the Marvel Zombies, Ultron's Earth, the Sentinels from Days of Future Past and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Hulk View Post
    Doc Green’s story reminds me of this:

Hero-Envy-SilverSurferandHulkissue4.jpg
    Yeah, that was...a weird story. It's not what the cover made it out to be.

There really isn't much to how the Maestro got started. Granted, we never saw the full story, but it's basically that the Hulk became increasingly despondent over the course of his life. A nuclear war happened and all the heroes died, and the Hulk was the lone survivor. PAD's Hulk issues which were set after Future Imperfect (specifically, #417 onward) would drop hints that the Hulk's life was moving in a Maestro-like direction--particularly the final issue dealing with Betty's death and the aftermath.

Incredible Member

Do his abs go all the way to his neck?

BANNED

Can someone explain what this event was? It looks like Hulk and Harry Potter are fighting giant green Dr. Wily.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Can someone explain what this event was? It looks like Hulk and Harry Potter are fighting giant green Dr. Wily.
    It wasn't an "event" so much as a two-part story which took place in mid-90s Hulk history.

Mid-90s Hulk was a mashup of the Hulk's various personalities: Bruce's intellect, Grey Hulk's attitude, Green Hulk's strength and temper. He's summoned to the future by a woman who turns out to be Rick Jones' great-granddaughter. In this future, Earth is barely surviving after a nuclear war which killed every super hero and villain. The only classic Marvel characters still alive are a very old Rick Jones and the Hulk. Hulk has become a tyrant called "the Maestro" who rules one of the only cities left, but hoards women as sex slaves. Past Hulk leads the fight against future Hulk, but not before really getting his butt handed back to him and seeing the dark potential of who he could become in the future.

The Maestro story overshadowed a lot of Peter David's remaining years on the Hulk, as Banner had to deal with the possibility that he would lose everything and become this evil tyrant. PAD's last issue (at the time) ended in a dark alternate future (probably about 10 years after the current Marvel U) which implied that the Hulk was inevitably heading down that road.

Two other things of note: one, the Maestro did appear in the modern Marvel U during PAD's run. That specific story ended with the Maestro under a pile of rock. Given that being fried by an atomic bomb couldn't kill the Maestro, being buried under rock shouldn't either. So in theory, the Maestro is still alive in the modern Marvel U and nobody's bothered to use him (yet). Two: there's been a few appearances of the Maestro since (notably in Exiles and PAD's Captain Marvel), but these tend to be flashback stories from before Future Imperfect.

Hulk: Future Imperfect tends to be regarded as one of the best Hulk stories ever, so it's highly recommended reading if you can find it. It was last collected in a book called "Hulk: The End" where it was included with another story of the same name by Peter David.

There was a good Bedard Arc in Exiles w/ Maestro as well...I dug it at least.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Me too, if Secret Wars really is about the various multiverses battling each other, Maestro leading an army of Hulks makes him a dangerous opponent for the House of M, the Marvel Zombies, Ultron's Earth, the Sentinels from Days of Future Past and more.
    They're ALL dangerous opponents.

How about Future Imperfect vs. Old Man Logan?

I wonder if the Beyonder or whomever will have the alternate Earths fight March-Madness style: brackets.