Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Elektra #7 Discussion/Spoilers

Gonna keep this short, gave a lengthy lecture on settlement patterns this morning for my Archaeology seminar and feeling wiped. Ugh.

Anyway, issue starts with the preview pages, and man, LB is in bad shape! Materializing while Elektra was breathing her in, she is a now a grostesque mockery of a human. I'd feel bad for her, but she killed Matchmaker! NO!

So, angered by her friends death, Elektra forces Sidewinder to transport her to Assassin Guild HQ. She is anticipated by a man who attacks her and which eventually brings her I to conflict with the folks who patched LB up last arc. And, surprise, she is faced with mutated versions of the folks she beat up last issue! This was cool, but felt kinda rushed. Would have liked to see a longer fightwith Whiplash, but oh well. I suppose it shows her efficacy!

After defeating everyone again, she is offered a spot in the Guild. She responds by shooting them in the face, and Sidewinder tips her off to Bullseye re knowing the locations of Guild leaders. She leaves Kento and Cape Crow behind as she prepares to take on SHIELD in order to get to Bullseye. Fin!

Ok, not so short, but it was a good issue. Sanchez continues to provide great pencils and Blackman is on point as usual. Next month Del Mundo is back!
    Last edited by tsaimelemoni; 10-29-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Yeah, on one hand it felt rushed when she fought the new and improved Whiplash and company but on the other it shows how efficient she is. Plus, only so much panel time you can give as well. The takedown of LB was great as well. I liked the issue as well plus I think Sanchez's art looked better in this issue as well.

I enjoyed the story but I felt the art had definitely fallen in quality from last issue. It's seemed sparse and lacked detail with hardly any panels having any background in them. Del Mundo did 5 super detailed issues and for Sanchez to be seemingly rushing after two isn't good IMO. I'm also disappointed that Match Maker was killed off, she was such an interesting new character and I was looking forward to learning more about her.

Sorry you thought art seemed more rushed! I agree with Mahes, I thought it was even better. I really dig his profile shots of Elektra (even while biting off people's noses or breathing them in lol). I also enjoyed seeing her in the armor. Pretty stoked for next issue!

I partly wonder if it feels rushed because it's the end of an arc, but the story is definitely ongoing. I don't feel like works as an end to a story. But, overall, pretty minor complaint.

I still enjoyed the issue and you can see a slight softening of Elektra at the end saying she doesn't want to lose anymore friends to Kento. Still going to be wonderfully ruthless when it comes to the Guild no doubt and I'm really looking forward to the next issue.

No doubt. Loved the emphasis on avenging her friend; this character is so linked to revenge and retribution that this a welcome, if subtle distinction. Really loving the work Blackman is doing.

Regarding Match Maker: She may be back in another form. Her dying words could be a clue? I'm reaching I'm sure but I just happened to like what we saw of the character.
    Last edited by Mahes; 10-29-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Regarding Match Maker: She may be back in another form. Her dying words could be a clue? I'm reaching I'm sure but I just happened to like what we save of the character.
    I did notice that line so I do hope that isn't the last we have seen of her. She is too interesting to be die after only 7 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Regarding Match Maker: She may be back in another form. Her dying words could be a clue? I'm reaching I'm sure but I just happened to like what we saw of the character.
    Maybe. She is a new character, so not much is known about her. It could be Elektra just rolling with her friends hilarious last words, or Matchmaker could just be awesome like that. Kinda hoping for the latter, really enjoyed her character.

The art was rushed and sloppy but I did like the combat armor and some of the action panels. Was hoping for more then yet another all battle issue but I generally enjoyed it. Looking forward to Bullseye now.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Oh yeah, how could we not mention the ELECTRIC SAIS?! Seriously loved that moment.

I'm wondering how this book is going to fit in continuity wise with Elektra killing Lady B in this issue and her due to appear in Secret Avengers #12? When it was discussed in the preview thread I Lady B would escape but she looks seriously dead now!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'm wondering how this book is going to fit in continuity wise with Elektra killing Lady B in this issue and her due to appear in Secret Avengers #12? When it was discussed in the preview thread I Lady B would escape but she looks seriously dead now!
    She just got badly injured by Elektra. It'll work out.

Well she certainly was badly injured with half her face gone and her throat slashed! I have a feeling it will just not be acknowledged in Secret Avengers and Lady B wont have the new powers bestowed on her here.

Perhaps Secret Avengers take place prior to this arc? Or she's healed with powers gone before she shows up again in Secret Avengers?