Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Inhuman #7 *Spoilers*

Mr. Soule really broke my heart with this issue.

The issue opens with Maximus looking for a little entertainment for himself and his brother. The ladies he finds on the other hand don't like the creepy vibe Black Bolt's giving off and they make for the door.

Back on New Attilan we're introduced to Inhuman Auran and Nuhuman Nur aka Frank McGee. They bust up a Terrigen sale. Apparently, someone is taking advantage of the loss of Terrigen crystals by manufacturing fake crystals and selling them to unsuspecting individuals. Auran introduces McGee to Medusa who assigns them the mission of tracking down Black Bolt. In the process we learn a bit about what brought McGee to New Attilan.

Back in New York, Max takes BB to a baseball game and loosens his mental hold on BB enough to taunt BB to speaking, killing not only himself but entire crowd of the audience. Before BB can do anything, he regains full control and the two head back to their hotel.

Auran and McGee are waiting for them, and we learn exactly how Auran's powers work, which in typical Inhuman fashion is rather unique. Fortunately, Maximus's powers are all tied into dominating his brother's will. Unfortunately, Maximus's powers are all tied up in dominating his brother's will.

KATHOOM!

This was another solid chapter of Inhuman with only two sore spots for me. All-in-all, the writing and art were solid. Soule was Soule and Larraz did a rather admirable job on his first fill-in issue. While his artwork lacks the energy of his forebears, it has a fluid quality perfectly suited for the otherworldly Inhumans.

The addition of Maximus (with BB in tow) adds a nice wrinkle to everything that's going on. Rather than looking for power or glory, Maximus just wants to have fun and his doing it with his finger on a nuclear option.

On of the things I have against this issue is that the Black Bolt and Maximus story is a bit too deeply tied to what's going on in New Avengers. So there's that question of just how Maximus gained control of Black Bolt. There's also the question of whether or not Black Bolt will remain in the book after these few issues or if he'll go back to his adventures with the Illuminati.

BANNED

I'm loving this book right now!

Nur and Auran are fun characters and I like their buddy cop dynamic(I hope Auran survived BB's voice ).
    Last edited by sprior93; 10-29-2014 at 01:39 PM.

BANNED

Two brand new characters headline this issue of Inhuman. I doubt they join the main cast but if they get a whole issue spotlight like this every once and a while it'll be a pretty cool setup.

Also, some fake terrigen is making its way around the city these days...

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Really solid issue. Love Frank McGee and Auran (hope she survived) and the Maximus/Black Bolt storyline could be amazing.
    However; I agree that they seemed to heavily rely on knowledge of New Avengers (which I don't have), and they didn't show any of the other NuHumans. For example, I wanted to see Gorgon training Inferno, or Lineage telling Jason more about his ancestors. Heck, I even wanted to see more Reader!
    This just shows what an excellent job Soule is doing with these characters.

Astonishing Member

That is one thing I definitely have to give Soule props for. He's doing a fantastic job establishing these new characters, and making this book about the Inhumans as a race instead of just the Royal Family or an Inhuman team.

Solid read. I think Auran had the most interested design, though she seems to be dead now. Still, vey solid read.

(I just wished more of the new characters had more inspired designs)

More Reader please.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Incredible Member

That was just cruel. Warmed up to both Auran and Nur in just a couple of pages and then they're gone. Great art though.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    That was just cruel. Warmed up to both Auran and Nur in just a couple of pages and then they're gone. Great art though.
    I think Nur at least is still alive because his eyes are glowing on the final page.

Incredible Member

Oh, just saw the preview for #8 and spoilers:
    Nur is indeed alive. Still sad about Auran.
    end of spoilers

Niffleheim

I'm loving this new story arc. I was eating up every panel and I couldn't even believe when it ended in such a cliff hanger.

New Attilan looks great from a distance. I love Medusa.

BANNED

I HOPE Charles soule writes spiderman after slott.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Two brand new characters headline this issue of Inhuman. I doubt they join the main cast but if they get a whole issue spotlight like this every once and a while it'll be a pretty cool setup.

Also, some fake terrigen is making its way around the city these days...
    I lmao! when I figured they were dealing T-Gen.

BANNED

On the bright side, Medusa should be able to find her husband pretty easily now. And Maximus' shenanigans let him off the hook for disappearing in her. A little.

I want the end of Issue 8 to go like this:

Medusa (with Black Bolt before the assembled populace of New Attilan): Our king has returned!
    (Everyone kneels before BB)
    Black Bolt turns to his wife and kneels, acknowledging her as his Queen, impressed with what she's built between New York and New Attilan.

Niffleheim

I want BB's speech not to be fatal anymore.