Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Soule was totally channeling his inner Tolkien with that "Nur means light" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I think it's unfortunate that we're in a position where <b>many fans of the X-Men (I'm one) see Inhumans as the enemies.</b> I guess the fear is that if Inhumans succeed (both in the MCU and in comics) then Marvel will drop X-Men completely. I don't think this is how Marvel or Disney sees the situation, however. If Inhumans become a strong franchise and start selling tons of comics then that's great for the publisher. You know what's also great for the publisher? Also selling tons of X-Men books. I believe that more people would give the book a chance if they didn't think that supporting it will mean an end for the X-Men. This isn't a zero-sum game.

The way I see it, Marvel potentially dropping the X-Men will only happen if some Disney nut like Ike Perlmutter orders the Marvel guys to cancel X-Men comics out of spite. And if he or someone like him will go off some day then the success of Inhumans won't affect that decision one way or the other.
    It's almost like X-Men fans have some kind of crazy persecution complex...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Kinda justified, to be honest. Just like Rick Rider Fans.

BANNED

It's almost like Avengers fans have buried their heads in the sand.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    It's almost like Avengers fans have buried their heads in the sand.
    Both comments are truths
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

I'm just interested in reading interesting books and in the hands of Soule, Inhumans is shaping up to be a very entertaining exploration into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm just interested in reading interesting books and in the hands of Soule, Inhumans is shaping up to be a very entertaining exploration into the unknown.
    I think it needs to dive into more being its own thing. I'm really waiting for it to just take off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think it needs to dive into more being its own thing. I'm really waiting for it to just take off.
    And you don't think that's the case now?

And you don't think that's the case now?
    I haven't felt like this book has owned itself yet. It just feels like it's coasting til an event will shake up stuff. I mean, the BlackBolt stuff is happening because of New Avengers controlling BlackBolt. I just don't get the sense that a looming threat is coming or what the building conflict is. It's just weird. Especially how Medusa's missing son is never explained.

BANNED

I haven't felt like this book has owned itself yet. It just feels like it's coasting til an event will shake up stuff. I mean, the BlackBolt stuff is happening because of New Avengers controlling BlackBolt. I just don't get the sense that a looming threat is coming or what the building conflict is. It's just weird. Especially how Medusa's missing son is never explained.
    The book had troubled beginnings no doubt, but I feel it's in good hands now with Soule ramping up the true horror that is Maximus with a much more pungent stench of madness prevalent in his character than what' been evidenced in Hickman' New Avengers so far.

The introduction of the Inhuman/Nuhuman Investigatory duo was inspired and quite refreshing and I'm genuinely looking forward to whatever else Soule intends to unleash within a book that's fast become one of my favorites.

The book had troubled beginnings no doubt, but I feel it's in good hands now with Soule ramping up the true horror that is Maximus with a much more pungent stench of madness prevalent in his character than what' been evidenced in Hickman' New Avengers so far.

The introduction of the Inhuman/Nuhuman Investigatory duo was inspired and quite refreshing and I'm genuinely looking forward to whatever else Soule intends to unleash within a book that's fast become one of my favorites.
    Oh, this issue was great. No doubt about it. But I kinda wished the book felt more...independent. I feel like it's been relying on other things going on in the Marvel U.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Oh, this issue was great. No doubt about it. But I kinda wished the book felt more...independent. I feel like it's been relying on other things going on in the Marvel U.
    I think I might disagree with that...if anything, I think this book should more reflect the events of the outer MU...The traces of politics should be referenced. Maybe even played upon. But on the other hand...I would be perfectly happy if it didn't as well. I'm just loving the book!

BANNED

I understand your concerns but actually welcome the fact that this book actually acknowledges what's going on in the wider 616 MU.

If more books did this, maybe we wouldn't have a supposedly "shared" 616 MU with so many inconsistent characterizations.

I understand your concerns but actually welcome the fact that this book actually acknowledges what's going on in the wider 616 MU.

If more books did this, maybe we wouldn't have a supposedly "shared" 616 MU with so many inconsistent characterizations.
    I think the biggest problem at Marvel is that all the series are losing their identity.

I mean, before you had X-Men characters with their villains, troupes, etc. Spider-Man had his own villains and troupes, supporting cast, etc. Thor has a very expansive cast and environment. The list goes on.

But of late, Marvel has been obsessed with making everything a melting pot. Heck, some books out there have supporting casts which are just characters from other books. The stories stop building up a character's legacy and more their interactions with other heroes. And I think that Inhumans needs to structure itself as standalone first, then do crossovers here and there.

The only new book right now that's really building a mythos is Kamala Khan. She has her friends, she has her family, she has her themes and mythos, a team up here and there, and she has her own villain. That's gonna go far.

Inhumans in the second issue was a random Cap team up and a random Thor team up a while ago. I think the book needs to focus inwards. As much as building up Maximus as a threat is a good idea, I can't help but notice that this issue was mainly New Avengers fallout. We know Maximus won't be dealt with in this book. So why not have villains that the heroes can fight against and win against instead?

BANNED

Ghost Rider has also done a good job of being independent.