Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
    How exactly is Whitebeard beating someone with the level of damage soak Thing has? And the strength to royally eff him up no less?
    earthquake to the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    earthquake to the brain.
    And this magically ignores his durability and soak because? You say so?

because despite how much soak he has, eating something like that from a guy who can create earthquakes powerful enough to tilt islands and strong enough that the tremors can be felt hundreds of miles away will be enough to hurt, if not outright kill him.

not that it would get to that since i highly doubt ben will get close to newgate before eating shockwaves to the face.

Pretty much what MoR said.

There's really no way Ben's getting close enough to Newgate to do anything, before Newgate either closes and blows his head up with a brainquake; or just turns him to rubble with the aforementioned island tilting shockwaves.

To say nothing of Newgate's soak.

Dude had a hole the size of about a cannonball melted into his chest with fire coming out of the hole, and was like; "you dun' messed with the wrong old guy". Killed him in the end, but not before he broke the guy who did it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

There's really no way Ben's getting close enough to Newgate to do anything, before Newgate either closes and blows his head up with a brainquake; or just turns him to rubble with the aforementioned island tilting shockwaves.

To say nothing of Newgate's soak.

Dude had a hole the size of about a cannonball melted into his chest with fire coming out of the hole, and was like; "you dun' messed with the wrong old guy". Killed him in the end, but not before he broke the guy who did it to him.
    not to mention, he had half his head melted off by akainu's magma fist and it didnt even slow him down.

and now that someone mentioned it, i dont know if ben can land a hit, thanks to his haki. and looking through my chapters, newgate was fast and stealthy enough to sneak up on akainu without him noticing. keep in mind that the red dog had great hearing, being able to hear the moby dick coming up the bay before any one knew about it.

edit: also found this little scene when looking through my mangas. whitebeard spears one of akainu's magma attacks and blows it out like a candle.

he blew out magma.
    Last edited by master of read; 05-10-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How exactly is Whitebeard beating someone with the level of damage soak Thing has? And the strength to royally eff him up no less?
    In addition to what everyone else said, Newgate could probably manage by being strong enough that Ben would feel his strikes, and having the speed, experience, and Haki precog to pretty much land them with impunity while taking nothing in return.

And mind, we're all handwaving Ben the ability to wade through Edward's King's Haki, but it's a fair bet that Ben is badass enough to at least retain consciousness.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-11-2014 at 05:13 AM.

because despite how much soak he has, eating something like that from a guy who can create earthquakes powerful enough to tilt islands and strong enough that the tremors can be felt hundreds of miles away will be enough to hurt, if not outright kill him.

not that it would get to that since i highly doubt ben will get close to newgate before eating shockwaves to the face.
    yeah because tilting a small island that seems to be a mobile base and less of island is on par with trading blows with the Hulk for awhile or not turning into red mist from a blow from Gladiator.

Ben is too god damn tough to put down and WB doesn't have anything to suggest he's eating a blow from someone as strong as Thing without being mortally wounded if not outright pounded so hard his brain comes out of his head

Ben's withstood the pressures of a drill designed to bore through a planet and lolno'd it and shattered machines outputting the weight of small mountains, taken shots that would soup anyone from the HST and I'm including the ten tailed in that and gotten right back up.

He's tough, he's an extremely skilled fighter, he's experienced fighting people like whitebeard and the only advantage Ed has on him is one that does nothing to negate everything else.

Last time I debated MOR on one piece it was "Eneru can take out magneto" and "luffy can fight Hercules"

not much has changed it seems

A brainquake being a fanfiction invention that completely ignores how durable the other guy is.

to say nothing of Newgate's soak.
    Is not allowing him to survive what Thing can dish out
    Yeah, that was awesome, having half his skull blown off was awesome

none of those attacks would have even phased Bens skin..that's what you're not getting here.

I'm not disputing how insanely tough Ed is, I'm saying he's a high tier from a low tier verse who doesn't have enough feats to suggest he can walk away from Ben's best.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In addition to what everyone else said, Newgate could probably manage by being strong enough that Ben would feel his strikes, and having the speed, experience, and Haki precog to pretty much land them with impunity while taking nothing in return.
    And that's fine Ben can sit there take his nastiest, pull a Zaraki if he needs too, all he needs is a glancing blow to pretty much fatally maim anyone in one piece not a logia

And mind, we're all handwaving Ben the ability to wade through Edward's King's Haki, but it's a fair bet that Ben is badass enough to at least retain consciousness.
    because Haki is going to affect someone as powerful, tough and insanely strong willed as Ben..Disregarding that he's hung around Skyfathers, elder gods..had one possess him and all..in so far as him being pretty decently experienced in "intimidating presences"
    Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 05-11-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Ben's badass enough to completely ignore it.

King Haki in general is a bit overestimated.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

yeah because tilting a small island that seems to be a mobile base and less of island is on par with trading blows with the Hulk for awhile or not turning into red mist from a blow from Gladiator.

Ben is too god damn tough to put down and WB doesn't have anything to suggest he's eating a blow from someone as strong as Thing without being mortally wounded if not outright pounded so hard his brain comes out of his head

Ben's withstood the pressures of a drill designed to bore through a planet and lolno'd it and shattered machines outputting the weight of small mountains, taken shots that would soup anyone from the HST and I'm including the ten tailed in that and gotten right back up.

He's tough, he's an extremely skilled fighter, he's experienced fighting people like whitebeard and the only advantage Ed has on him is one that does nothing to negate everything else.

Last time I debated MOR on one piece it was "Eneru can take out magneto" and "luffy can fight Hercules"

not much has changed it seems

A brainquake being a fanfiction invention that completely ignores how durable the other guy is.

Is not allowing him to survive what Thing can dish out

Yeah, that was awesome, having half his skull blown off was awesome

none of those attacks would have even phased Bens skin..that's what you're not getting here.

I'm not disputing how insanely tough Ed is, I'm saying he's a high tier from a low tier verse who doesn't have enough feats to suggest he can walk away from Ben's best.

And that's fine Ben can sit there take his nastiest, pull a Zaraki if he needs too, all he needs is a glancing blow to pretty much fatally maim anyone in one piece not a logia

because Haki is going to affect someone as powerful, tough and insanely strong willed as Ben..Disregarding that he's hung around Skyfathers, elder gods..had one possess him and all..in so far as him being pretty decently experienced in "intimidating presences"
    marineford is not a mobile island. like, at all. he tilted the island by pulling the air.

you keep saying he's too tough to for whitebeard to hurt. you haven't really shown anything to suggest he could shrug off a earthquake to the brain, a move that could one shot a giant vice admiral. not that it matter since not only is WB a bit faster than him but he has combat precog, which means ben isn't landing a shot on him.

and as for the "luffy vs. herc" thing, as it stands, unless something about herc has changed since the last time he was brought up, luffy has a good chance of beating him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Ben's badass enough to completely ignore it.

King Haki in general is a bit overestimated.
    me personally, i dont really bring up king haki unless its in scenario. i dont think its very usable in one on one fights, considering who they are put up against.

and as for the "luffy vs. herc" thing, as it stands, unless something about herc has changed since the last time he was brought up, luffy has a good chance of beating him now.
    Say what, now?

Yeah, really, I mean how is Luffy going to hurt a solid Middle-Tierish Class 100 guy?

And how Eneru could take out Magneto (I mean seriously, Electricity against Magneto?) is also completely beyond me.

Say what, now?
    if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. where does ol' herc stand nowadays?

marineford is not a mobile island. like, at all. he tilted the island by pulling the air.
    Aokiji moved marine ford closer to the new world, I am pretty sure its a mobile island..not that it matters

you keep saying he's too tough to for whitebeard to hurt. you haven't really shown anything to suggest he could shrug off a earthquake to the brain, a move that could one shot a giant vice admiral.
    So basically the fact that he can trade blows with the Hulk, get beat on by the champion of the universe, fight Namor and not be turned into pudding by a liver shot from Gladz is not enough to prove he can lolno anything in one piece...because apparently Edward hits harder than Simon, Gladz, Stark, Namor, Blastaar and everyone else who has wailed on Grimm?

not that it matter since not only is WB a bit faster than him but he has combat precog, which means ben isn't landing a shot on him.
    I mean, I could bring up Ben reacting to missiles and stuff but I don't feel the need too since WB can't in the slightest actually hurt him..and All Ben has to do is graze him to murder him
    you'd be wrong, absolutely unbelievably wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, really, I mean how is Luffy going to hurt a solid Middle-Tierish Class 100 guy?.
    Midteirish? guys traded blows with Thor, matched him if not slightly exceeded him in strength, dudes durable enough to eat those blows and all

Hercules can stand there and take everything the holy shounen trinity throws at him and be..annoyed mildly, there is a staggering amount of biased in thinking Luffy can do much more than become a stain of bone fragments and blood on his body

Hercules can stand there and take everything the holy shounen trinity throws at him and be..annoyed mildly
    To be fair, Naruto's gotten utterly, utterly insane recently.
    Not to mention the gajillion powers the Sharingan has, including dimension dumping and reality warping.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.