Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    The reason that creators or editors often publicly deny cancellation rumors (even if those rumors are true) is because they fear that if they confirm those rumors that potential new readers won't even bother to pick the book up since it is being cancelled and because some of the people who are currently buying the book will give up on it and drop the book (which never made sense to me). So the first rule in addressing cancellation rumors is to NEVER admit that those rumors are true.
    I 100% agree that confirming cancellation will only kill a book faster. Truth is, I think even posting these rumors is detrimental to a book that's on the fence. Not saying people are wrong to do it, but threads and posts like this nonetheless have that effect. And writers/editors know it.

But again, Ewing in theory can simply choose NOT to address the issue publically. Not commenting on what so far is just a rumor isn't the same thing as flat out denying it.

If we're lucky they will use that story to retcon that crappy racist "Snap" Wilson retcon.
    At this point I think they best thing they can do is just leave it alone and not mention it. Ever again.

BANNED

If we're lucky they will use that story to retcon that crappy racist "Snap" Wilson retcon.
    I'd rather they just don't mention that EVER AGAIN. Not even in jest, or as a terrible easter egg.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Good news from his twitter, looks like the rumor was just that

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/488085925214584832
    I wasn't concerned personally but that's more than adequate of a response for me I don't need any other input regarding that issue now.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At this point I think they best thing they can do is just leave it alone and not mention it. Ever again.
    Even if Marvel never references it ever again, the readership will. Someone will bring it up.

Maybe Ewing will deal with it once and for all after Sam assumes the role of Captain America. A poignant declaration against the backdrop of a sex slave/human trafficking story should do it. Sam: "I don't care what lies the Red Skull spews, I was never that. Never."

Quote Originally Posted by D. Strong View Post
    I'd rather they just don't mention that EVER AGAIN. Not even in jest, or as a terrible easter egg.
    That might have worked 40 to 50 years ago before the anal retentive older teen/adult fans and fans turned pro got control of the industry. Someone, somewhere or sometime in the near future will bring this crap up. This story can't just be either ignored or never mentioned again, it has to be either completely retconned out of continuity and then ignored or reversed with an in story/in continuity explanation and then never mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Even if Marvel never references it ever again, the readership will. Someone will bring it up.

Maybe Ewing will deal with it once and for all after Sam assumes the role of Captain America. A poignant declaration against the backdrop of a sex slave/human trafficking story should do it. Sam: "I don't care what lies the Red Skull spews, I was never that. Never."
    EXACTLY. This is one of those stories that has to be addressed and delt with directly via either a retcon or an in story explanation, and then NEVER EVER mentioned again. This is one of those stories that can't be delt with in a half@$$ manner and must be delt with completely and finally.

BANNED

Right. All bring it up has ever done was hurt the character and make fans further put off by the Falcon.

Mighty Member

Ewing said MA will be around, but there's no mighty avengers solicit...could be because it features the new falcon heavily and they dont want to spoil it, but they usually just black out covers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Ewing said MA will be around, but there's no mighty avengers solicit...could be because it features the new falcon heavily and they dont want to spoil it, but they usually just black out covers for that.
    2 possibilities.

1. The book is late.

2. The book has been silently cancelled.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

2 possibilities.

1. The book is late.

2. The book has been silently cancelled.
    We'll know for certain by this time next week.

omg where is this comic?!?!?!!?
    The J-man

Its probably late with the amount of covers Land has been doing lately I wouldn't be surprised if its just late
    We need better comics

Maybe it's just a delay ?

It's still not good though. Delays tend to kill book that aren't chart toppers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Its probably late with the amount of covers Land has been doing lately I wouldn't be surprised if its just late
    i think land is off art after september though

Extraordinary Member

I thought it was coming out today but it was supposed to be out last week.