Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Dis just came in:

Al Ewing ‏@Al_Ewing

@silver_zeal @ComicCrusaders There will be a fight. Might be against some bigger Avengers.

3:26 AM - 19 Sep 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I think on paper the MA have the edge, I don't think you can sell the other side short if you've got Thor there. Especially if Thors wielding a Celestial killing ax. I don't exactly know what that thing can do apart from kill Celestials, but that fact alone is probably enough to create a serious question mark on the outcome of the fight.
    Well, given hw JH sidesteppd d whole Celestials thingy in his current Avengrs & NA, hw Fraction used dem in his Defendrs & Remendr in UA...we/SZ entertain d thought dat deyr nt as pwrful as dey used 2 b even though dey r still universally mad crazy pwrful so an ax dat can hurt dem is & shd b pretty damn 4midable.

Der r sum interesting qns:

-- Is Thor mo pwrful with d C-ax dan he was with d hammer?

-- Does d ax even embew Thor with any pwrs & wat can d ax do othr dan kill Celestials?

--And does Thor still retain any of his odinson pwrs without d hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It depends of what Thor can do with the axe instead of the hammer. But usually, he is a teambuster. He is at the same level as the likes of Blue Marvel or Hyperion.
    "Usually" Thor is a teambusta with d hammer....which he does nt hv now & may or may nt hv his Odinson pwr.

Monica is a potential teambuster too, but so is Iron Man and I can see him having counter measures against energy beings. Especially now that he is supposed to be "superior".
    True...but lets nt 4get Monica got an upgrade of sorts frm BM which SIM/Superior Iron Man doesnt knw abt.

Vision is every bit as dangerous as She Hulk, unless written by Bendis.
    Lang proved that he was ressourceful, and Torch is quite powerful.
    Just hw pwrful is Torch?

It may depends of the match-ups. If Blue Marvel takes down Iron Man first, I see the MA winning. If Iron Man takes Spectrum first, I'd favor the other team.
    Lets nt 4get dat BM also has brains 2 go with his brawn.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For what it's worth, Stark did beat Monica when the East and West Coast Avengers fought back in West Coast Avengers annual 2 I believe. Which isn't to say that Monica couldn't also beat Stark (I'd still say overall Monica is flat out more powerful), but he has already proven he has counter measures against her.
    Lets just hope Ewing hasnt 4gottn abt d ''upgrade''.

Thor is also an energy manipulator
    Wat type of energy? Certainly nt ALL of dem or nowhr as much as Monica.

(or at least he is with his regular hammer... not sure what the ax can do) and is one of the few beings that I think would have a decisive advantage over Monica if they fought.
    Hmmm...dat wud b a gr8 match-up.

So in part it depends on who matches up with whom, like you said.
    Agrd!

There are certain match up that both sides would want to avoid.
    Such as...?
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 09-19-2014 at 04:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post

Shocked no one has started talking about this. Mighty Avengers Vs. Avengers. Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuumble!

Found d damn solicit finally.

Marvel Comics FULL DECEMBER 2014 SOLICITATIONS
    by Newsarama Staff
    Date: 16 September 2014 Time: 11:31 AM ET
    http://www.newsarama.com/22144-marve...citations.html

CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE MIGHTY AVENGERS #3
    AL EWING (W) • LUKE ROSS (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY Afua Richardson
    AXIS tie-in!
    • You’ve dreaded it! You’ve dreamed of it! Now - it’s here! THE AVENGERS/AVENGERS WAR!
    • With Captain America and Iron Man bringing the full power of the Avengers against the Gem Theater, can our heroes possibly survive?
    • Guest-starring Spider-Man! But which side is the wall-crawler on?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    It seems der will or myt b much mo' Avngrs against d MA dan dat cvr shws which very much confirms wat Ewing said in his twit.

Al Ewing ‏@Al_Ewing

@silver_zeal @ComicCrusaders There will be a fight. Might be against some bigger Avengers.

3:26 AM - 19 Sep 2014
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 09-19-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Well, given hw JH sidesteppd d whole Celestials thingy in his current Avengrs & NA, hw Fraction used dem in his Defendrs & Remendr in UA...we/SZ entertain d thought dat deyr nt as pwrful as dey used 2 b even though dey r still universally mad crazy pwrful so an ax dat can hurt dem is & shd b pretty damn 4midable.

Der r sum interesting qns:

-- Is Thor mo pwrful with d C-ax dan he was with d hammer?

-- Does d ax even embew Thor with any pwrs & wat can d ax do othr dan kill Celestials?

--And does Thor still retain any of his odinson pwrs without d hammer?

"Usually" Thor is a teambusta with d hammer....which he does nt hv now & may or may nt hv his Odinson pwr.

True...but lets nt 4get Monica got an upgrade of sorts frm BM which SIM/Superior Iron Man doesnt knw abt.

Just hw pwrful is Torch?

Lets nt 4get dat BM also has brains 2 go with his brawn.

Lets just hope Ewing hasnt 4gottn abt d ''upgrade''.

Wat type of energy? Certainly nt ALL of dem or nowhr as much as Monica.

Hmmm...dat wud b a gr8 match-up.

Agrd!

Such as...?
    As stated, Thor is an energy manipulator. Classic Thor at least (I haven't seen exactly what the ax manipulating Thor can do). So him vs Monica is probably a fight the MA would want to avoid initially since I honestly think Thor can beat her quickly. And losing Monica early on in the fight is harmful not just because she's arguably the most powerful member (that's debatable) but because she's their field leader.

Taking Monica out also potentially deals with the only person who MIGHT be able to beat Vision. Vision is a very difficult character to beat because of his intangibility. Blue Marvel MIGHT be able to do something about him as well. But anyone else pitted against Vision, if he's written well, frankly shouldn't stand a chance.

If you're the MA then your strategy would probably take out Vision as quickly as possible (speed blitz style), because if you don't take him out before he goes intangible you might not be taking him out at all. Then quickly take down the weaker Avengers and gang up on Thor and Iron Man.

If you're the Avengers the smartest thing to do is have Thor or Iron Man take down Monica quickly, then have Vision and Thor double team Blue Marvel. Those are really your big threats (She-Hulk is strong but not really half the members of the other team IMO could beat her).

BANNED

You guys are aware that Jim Hammond power/heat/flame is said to rival that of a few suns right? That guy has absolute control over heat and fire.

I think because the character is of the older decade and doesn't get much face time in recent years people are unaware what the guy can do and default to Johnny Storm. But that's is a mistake since Johnny is a bit of a "poor mans" Torch in comparison. Out of that team he is potentially the most powerful character amongst them. (Depending on what Ironmans new suit is capable of and now that Thor is without his hammer)

Edit: In theory depending on which Hammond we get here and Ewings knowledge of Jim he might be able to manipulate and potentially turn off most of Monica's light forms. Since Monica doesn't control the energy she turns into, instead she simply turns into and projects the energy, their may be little she could do to counter such a attack. Not sure he would go that route since that could potentially be rather boring if Hammond did something like that right of the bat but it could feasibly happen.
    Last edited by Trident; 09-19-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    You guys are aware that Jim Hammond power/heat/flame is said to rival that of a few suns right? That guy has absolute control over heat and fire.

I think because the character is of the older decade and doesn't get much face time in recent years people are unaware what the guy can do and default to Johnny Storm. But that's is a mistake since Johnny is a bit of a "poor mans" Torch in comparison. Out of that team he is potentially the most powerful character amongst them. (Depending on what Ironmans new suit is capable of and now that Thor is without his hammer)

Edit: In theory depending on which Hammond we get here and Ewings knowledge of Jim he might be able to manipulate and potentially turn off most of Monica's light forms. Since Monica doesn't control the energy she turns into, instead she simply turns into and projects the energy, their may be little she could do to counter such a attack. Not sure he would go that route since that could potentially be rather boring if Hammond did something like that right of the bat but it could feasibly happen.

In the past the original Human Torch was similar to Johnny Storm in that a lack of oxygen was/is sufficient to expunge both men's flames. That would denote that neither man is a self-contained nuclear reaction similar to the sun (or Firelord or Frankie Ray). Has that changed?

Yeah, Blue Marvel could possibly toss the Torch up into Earth's orbit. I doubt that would kill him, on account of him being an android and everything, but he wouldn't be able to generate any flame.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    In the past the original Human Torch was similar to Johnny Storm in that a lack of oxygen was/is sufficient to expunge both men's flames. That would denote that neither man is a self-contained nuclear reaction similar to the sun (or Firelord or Frankie Ray). Has that changed?
    I don't think it has. I do know that his resistance to those tactics has increases greatly. Such as being able to still "flame on" in the rain or recovering quickly after being heavily drenched. His ability to control heat and fire is independent to being "flamed on" or to generate said element. But yeah I think if he has no oxygen it's still prevent him form catching on fire.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Yeah, Blue Marvel could possibly toss the Torch up into Earth's orbit. I doubt that would kill him, on account of him being an android and everything, but he wouldn't be able to generate any flame.
    Brashear probably doesn't even need to throw the Human Torch into orbit. He probably doesn't have to touch him at all in order to defeat him. We tend to see Blue Marvel as another Superman analog, but I'd like to think of him as a Silver Surfer type with vast energy based powers that have yet to be explored. We only see his strength, invulnerability and flight on display, because 99% of the time that's probably all that he really needs to win the day. But there's much more in his arsenal.

Take the King Hyperion fight. BM used either a hard light construct or an exotic particle energy field -- gravitons more than likely -- to grab a baby out of King Hypes' clutches. Were he to envelop Hammond in a similar field, it would snuff out his flame in no time. If BM is, indeed, using gravitons, the result could be a carbon dioxide rich micro gravity environment that would last just long enough for one of the other team members -- White Tiger or Power Man -- to give a non-flamed Hammond a good fight.

No, I don't think Ewing will ever delve that deeply into Brashear's powerset, but hopefully some writer will. One day.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Brashear probably doesn't even need to throw the Human Torch into orbit. He probably doesn't have to touch him at all in order to defeat him. We tend to see Blue Marvel as another Superman analog, but I'd like to think of him as a Silver Surfer type with vast energy based powers that have yet to be explored. We only see his strength, invulnerability and flight on display, because 99% of the time that's probably all that he really needs to win the day. But there's much more in his arsenal.

Take the King Hyperion fight. BM used either a hard light construct or an exotic particle energy field -- gravitons more than likely -- to grab a baby out of King Hypes' clutches. Were he to envelop Hammond in a similar field, it would snuff out his flame in no time. If BM is, indeed, using gravitons, the result could be a carbon dioxide rich micro gravity environment that would last just long enough for one of the other team members -- White Tiger or Power Man -- to give a non-flamed Hammond a good fight.

No, I don't think Ewing will ever delve that deeply into Brashear's powerset, but hopefully some writer will. One day.
    And this highlights my frustration with how some characters are written in comics. I am not going to pay $4-$5 for a comic to see a character on the level of the Blue Marvel "jobbed out" in order to maintain the status quo character hierarchy. Win, lose or draw the fight better be believable ( as far as comics go).

the Iron Man/Blue Marvel fight should hopefully be pretty good. Preferably in a non-populated area.

If I'm not mistaken, the "torch" on the left side is "Sunfire" who is currently on the Avenegrs roster, not the Human Torch (John Hammond nor Johnny Storm). And Thor is using the blade from the "Uncanny Avengers" storyline with the Apocalypse Twins
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post

Shocked no one has started talking about this. Mighty Avengers Vs. Avengers. Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuumble!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the "torch" on the left side is "Sunfire" who is currently on the Avenegrs roster, not the Human Torch (John Hammond nor Johnny Storm). And Thor is using the blade from the "Uncanny Avengers" storyline with the Apocalypse Twins
    You could be right but it's odd that the artist didn't go with his usual Black Kirby dots look.
    Which makes me think it's Jim since he is already working with SHEILD and was working with Cap in Invaders.

I hope this isn't Sunfire.
    Since Luke Ross is also the interior artist, it would be bad if he doesn't know how he is supposed to look like.

I hope it is and someone corrects him. I just don't want Human Torch on the Avengers, the character never interested me.