Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Mighty Avengers (2014) Appreciation

Welcome to the Mighty Avengers Appreciation thread! A place where fans of this great title can meet and appreciate!

Last edited by Marvell2100; 04-30-2014 at 03:47 PM.

The People's Avengers!

So how many pages would be appropriate before I complain about Greg Land? I mean, we all know I'm going to complain about him. It's what I do. I guess I should wait for the next issue before I do it.

In the meantime, Monica and Ava are both badass and awesome. My favourite characters in the book.

In the spirit of the new forums I got to say Greg Land is killing it on this title, some great art. (HAH first page baby!)

And of course the man himself Al Ewing bringing the crack since issue numba 1

The J-man

Greg Land will be at the Dallas comicon this May.

I actually...dare I say it...enjoy his art on this title!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So how many pages would be appropriate before I complain about Greg Land? I mean, we all know I'm going to complain about him. It's what I do. I guess I should wait for the next issue before I do it.

In the meantime, Monica and Ava are both badass and awesome. My favourite characters in the book.
    Go ahead and get it out of your system, you'll feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Greg Land will be at the Dallas comicon this May.

I actually...dare I say it...enjoy his art on this title!
    Shhhhhh......don't say that too loud.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

How about naming some artists you'd like to see on the title or draw some of the characters? I think Marc Bagley is really underrated, I think he'd do a decent job on this kind of old school comic. Mahmud Asrar would be really cool. If George Perez every came back to Marvel, I'd kill to see him on this title.

I wish Valerio Schiti could do more issues, his stuff was great.

I'd also love to see Ron Wemberly do a few issues, too bad he's tied up with She-Hulk for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Shhhhhh......don't say that too loud.
    It's so weird, because I still don't like his work outside the title (like his UA variant). I think Ewing being a strong writer as well as giving Land a challenge really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    It's so weird, because I still don't like his work outside the title (like his UA variant). I think Ewing being a strong writer as well as giving Land a challenge really helps.
    I think so too. Ewing's giving him the standard poses but he's also giving Land some pretty good fight scenes to draw as well. I think it helps Land.

That 70's Show!!!

Okay, much better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Go ahead and get it out of your system, you'll feel better.
    All right then.

Greg Land is the biggest hack in the industry! He's worse than Liefeld, because at least Liefeld's shittiness is more honest! Land is a tracer who just recycles the same traced images all the time, and whenever he draws a character grinning it is positively Lovecraftian, the kid of horror not meant to be seen by Man. I hate Land's style and I want to never have to see his crap ever again!

Whew.

On a more positive note: I really do think he'd be a fantastic inker. He actually is good at adding a lot of details, which is what a good inker does. His pencils are very static and not at all expressive, but if someone else did the pencils, I think Land could make it look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    How about naming some artists you'd like to see on the title or draw some of the characters? I think Marc Bagley is really underrated, I think he'd do a decent job on this kind of old school comic. Mahmud Asrar would be really cool. If George Perez every came back to Marvel, I'd kill to see him on this title.
    Almost anyone, really. Olivier Coipel would be cool. Schiti's issues were great. Bagley's really good - he's got a very conventional style, but he does it really well. Jorge Molina's good. With Avengers AI over with (and man, that was a great series; it's a shame it never got the love it deserved), Andre Araujo would probably be a fun choice for Mighty.

There's also my go-to choice of Emma Rios. But I have to admit, she probably wouldn't be a good fit for this book. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like her to do a fill-in issue, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'd love to see Sarah Pichelli flexing her skill on this title... Potentially mind-blowing !
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."