Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Annnnnnd we are back (time to update the ignore list ).

Mighty Member

I'm very ambivalent about the next issue. I want it to come because it's the first issue to feature blade out of costume, but by the time it gets here i'll have graduated college. bittersweet.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

I really love how Ava has progressed in this book and her friendship with Power Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    I really love how Ava has progressed in this book and her friendship with Power Man.
    Yeah, they're both a great part of this book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

Almost anyone, really. Olivier Coipel would be cool. Schiti's issues were great. Bagley's really good - he's got a very conventional style, but he does it really well. Jorge Molina's good. With Avengers AI over with (and man, that was a great series; it's a shame it never got the love it deserved), Andre Araujo would probably be a fun choice for Mighty.

There's also my go-to choice of Emma Rios. But I have to admit, she probably wouldn't be a good fit for this book. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like her to do a fill-in issue, though.
    Oliver's great! but it seems like he does three issues of something and then he's gone. Jorge's good. I like Emma Rios, but I don't think her style works with this type of comic. The way it's being written now MA cries out for someone with that kind of "classic superhero" style art.

I don't see him coming back to monthly comics anytime soon but it might be fun if Travis Charest came around to do a few covers.
    Last edited by ed2962; 05-01-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I'd love to see Sarah Pichelli flexing her skill on this title... Potentially mind-blowing !
    I'm kicking myself for not thinking for Sarah! She'd be great!

The ad for Justice League Canada came up...and I remember liking Mike McKone's art on Teen Titans. I think he'd be a good fit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    It's almost a throw back to the days when Jan and She-Hulk or Beast and Wonder Man would hang out just cuz they enjoyed each other's company.

BANNED

So how many pages would be appropriate before I complain about Greg Land? I mean, we all know I'm going to complain about him. It's what I do. I guess I should wait for the next issue before I do it.

In the meantime, Monica and Ava are both badass and awesome. My favourite characters in the book.
    Tiamatican,,,,,Is that you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

That 70's Show!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    In the spirit of the new forums I got to say Greg Land is killing it on this title, some great art. (HAH first page baby!)

And of course the man himself Al Ewing bringing the crack since issue numba 1

Cue da music.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Tiamatican,,,,,Is that you?
    Yep. I changed to the name I use more often online.

You can tell it's me because I ranted about Greg Land.

BANNED

Yep. I changed to the name I use more often online.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

You can tell it's me because I ranted about Greg Land.
    I noticed. <groan> :smile:

Here, just for you.....

Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 05-01-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

I noticed. <groan> :smile:

Here, just for you.....
    Schiti's art is really expressive. It's so good. It makes Land's return so much more painful, because we're going from an artist who does a great job with expressions, to one who's terrible at that.

BANNED

Schiti's art is really expressive. It's so good. It makes Land's return so much more painful, because we're going from an artist who does a great job with expressions, to one who's terrible at that.
    I sympathize with your pain but this too will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's almost a throw back to the days when Jan and She-Hulk or Beast and Wonder Man would hang out just cuz they enjoyed each other's company.
    It's what I liked about Bendis New Avengers (even though people often complained about it), and what I like about this book. To a degree these are people that do seem to hang and genuinely enjoy each others company. In a lot of instances they're not just co-workers.

That's not to say the more professional organized adjectiveless team doesn't have a cool dynamic too, but I think the point is that you can appreciate handling different teams in different ways. Not every team has to be like Caps team.