All-New Member

Default Will the Marvel Movies lead to new comics?

Based on Marvels announcement of Nine movies in Phase three of the MCU, do you think we could see new comics as a result to try and capitalize off the success?

The Inhumans and Captain Marvel already have ongoing series, but Black Panther and Doctor Strange only appear in New Avengers. Could the announcements lead to Panther and Strange getting a solo ongoing? Do you think this could result in a relaunch of Inhumans or Captain Marvel? Could Black Bolt come back to the Inhumans comic maybe?

On a seprate note, how do you think the upcoming movies will affect Thor, Iron Man, and Cap? Could Odinson come back and replace the current female Thor around the release the of Ragnarok Film? Could Steve come back to replace Falcon and take his sheild back up when Civil War gets released?

In General, how do you think the Movies will affect the rest of the comic universe?

Dr. Strange and Black Panther are given, though I do wonder T'Challa's situation as Wakanda is now gone... Slick move there Hickman...

Also, Civil War has already been going on as much as Cap and Iron Man have been fighting.

Seriously, the way comics are now is how they will be for the films. I mean, they milked Thanos way too much now that he's not as intimidating.

Just give me a Doctor Strange ongoing, that is what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeCrash View Post
    Just give me a Doctor Strange ongoing, that is what I want.
    Be careful what you wish for! There is Monkey Paw potential there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Dr. Strange and Black Panther are given, though I do wonder T'Challa's situation as Wakanda is now gone... Slick move there Hickman...

Also, Civil War has already been going on as much as Cap and Iron Man have been fighting.

Seriously, the way comics are now is how they will be for the films. I mean, they milked Thanos way too much now that he's not as intimidating.
    Very good point on Wakanda.

I'm curious how exactly BP's adventures will continue when he has no country.

Anyhow, there will definitely be new titles following those movies. That's pretty much a given at this point.

Heck if Deathlok gets an ongoing thanks to a recurring role on Agents of SHIELD, theres little to no chance that BP and Doc Strange among others wont get their own books seeing they are starring in the own movies.
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 10-30-2014 at 03:09 PM.

It seems highly likely
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

It's almost a forgone conclusion. What'll be interesting will be what kind of creative teams and directions the titles will have. If Marvel will be willing to take chances or will they be quick cash-ins?

BANNED

...the marvel movies have already led to new comics. Several in fact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Very good point on Wakanda.

I'm curious how exactly BP's adventures will continue when he has no country.

Anyhow, there will definitely be new titles following those movies. That's pretty much a given at this point.
    Tear down to build back up scenario more than likely.

But it could be the old reset trick as well. It happens to Atlantis all the time.

Ant-Man is already getting a new comic thanks to the movies. I would be very surprised if we don't have new Doctor Strange and Black Panther titles by this time next year.

Absolutely they will op especially black panther.

Hopefully Kelly sue deconnicks run on captain marvel is still going by the time her movie comes round