Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Joe Mad & Battlechasers

Pages from a 10th issue of battlechasers have started to show up at Kwan Chang's original art store. Joe doesn't seem to actually respond to fans on his social media accounts. It made me wonder, has mad ever mentioned when or if he plans to wrap this series up to anyone at a convention or online. I don't want to say he owes fans who supported the series to conclude it but the way it was left hanging, he kinda does.

http://www.kwanchang.com/ArtistGalle...ers&From=Title

I don't agree. I love his work in comics, but we should respect that his heart belongs to video games. Sure, it's sad. I was hoping that Mad will someday give another artist the chance to finish Battle Chasers.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    I don't agree. I love his work in comics, but we should respect that his heart belongs to video games. Sure, it's sad. I was hoping that Mad will someday give another artist the chance to finish Battle Chasers.
    Well, He's been doing comics for awhile now though at marvel. Wolverine, spider-man. inhumans and ultimates.

Joe will do what joe does. that's his right but I don't think it's disrespectful at all to ask about battlechasers. People ask about captain carrot. He does battlechasers prints for conventions and is selling art to an unpublished issue so it amde me curious to see if there was something in the works.

sure you can ask, but it's easier to read this:

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/fr...ica/1100-5039/

Nothing wrong with the man wanting to do video games over comics, but like you mentioned and many people agree with, he should at least get another artist to finish Battle Chasers. Prophet and Glory seemed to have worked out just fine with other creators. I wonder what his reasoning is.

Amazing Member

sure you can ask, but it's easier to read this:

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/fr...ica/1100-5039/
    there's nothing in that article related to my question but i appreciate the link, always fun to read about what joe mad is up to and see some of his art

Madureira still had a contract with Marvel, so he left Vigil to creatively recharge with comics.
    This is the important part. Joe is just working for marvel because there was a contract and he needed some work after he left Vigil. His priority is now his own company airship syndicate. And building up his own company is a good explanation why he needs money, and this explains why he sold issue 10 pages.

BANNED

On Facebook a while ago he mentioned that is the #1 question he gets and that he would love to get back to it but has no time for it and he's starting up a new game studio and is contributing to a friend of his kickstarter so unless cloning becomes a thing he really doesn't have time for it

Sucks but what can you do

I'd be shocked at this point if he returns to Battle Chasers. I think there is a far greater chance he would start a new creator owned comic than return to that.

TBH I read the first arc of Battle Chasers a while back and thought it was pretty bad outside of nice art and character designs. Fullmetal Alchemist is a bit similar and worlds better.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Amazing Member

I've long accepted that Battlechasers will join Alan Moore's 1963 series as some darn good books that were never finished. But who knows? If Miracleman can be continued after such a long hiatus then why not Battlechasers?

Spectacular Member

I'd give up on comics too after reading and contributing art to that terrible Jeff Loeb Ultimate Avengers 3 storyline. That **** was pathetic.

Ultimates 3 felt like a Michael Bay movie...

Why would u expect Joe to respond on social media about Battlechasers? this book was started before social media was big.

It looks like he is going back to Battle Chasers!!! This time as a video game. check out ariship syndicate...

I owned Battlechasers the first time around and lost them all before my big move in 2004. I recently picked them up again and enjoyed reading through the series afer such a long time. I'd really like to see a resolution though!!!