Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should the X-Men be Part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Fox owns the rights to X-Men, but would you want X-Men to be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe? I actually think I like X-Men being a separate movie franchise, because frankly the X-Men have not meshed well with the rest of the Marvel Universe for decades. It really doesn't make sense that people in the Marvel universe would love a freakish looking monster like the Thing, but hate say, Kitty Pyrde or that religious zealots would hate mutants, but would be okay with someone claiming to be a Norse god.

I wouldn't want Avengers vs. X-Men to become a movie event, I wouldn't want Movie Scarlet Witch to depower almost all the mutants, etc.

I like the fact the X-Men movies can go into darker territory, while a lot of the MCU movies remain light hearted and fun. Fox did an alright job with the X-men movies, they have had 3 good ones, two okay ones and two bad ones. Some characters got screwed over, like Cyclops, but I am hoping that after they did a soft Reboot with Days of Future Past, Cyke will have more to do X-Men Apocalypse. I would much rather Fantastic Four return to Marvel, Fox can't seem to make a good FF film and really they were more involved with the rest of the Marvel Universe then the X-Men have been till recently.

Also I think if Marvel had the rights to Spider-Man and the X-Men, we may not have had more obscure characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy make it to the Silver Screen.

Well, if its as a separate universe, then yes.

yes they should because in terms of superhero quality Disney > fox

The Guardians, Avengers, winter solder impressed me. & even tho I am A massive x men fan x men movies have always been lackluster too me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DATNIGG View Post
    yes they should because in terms of superhero quality Disney > fox

The Guardians, Avengers, winter solder impressed me. & even tho I am A massive x men fan x men movies have always been lackluster too me.
    I like First Class and Days of Future Past better then some of Marvel weaker cinematic efforts, like Iron Man 2 & 3 and the Thor movies (Thor was okay, but Thor the Dark World was very lackluster). Granted Marvel never released a real stinker like X-Men: The Last Stand or X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Sure the first two movies have not aged perfectly, the first movie is just okay now and well I have a soft spot for the second one to this day, its a bit dated, I still like it though. The X-Men movies became more sure themselves and willing to embrace over the top comic book elements by First Class, though the first couple of X-Men movies made Marvel super hero movies seem more viable then they had been in the past. Without the X-Men movies, we may not have had a MCU in the first place.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Fox owns the rights to X-Men, but would you want X-Men to be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe? I actually think I like X-Men being a separate movie franchise, because frankly the X-Men have not meshed well with the rest of the Marvel Universe for decades. It really doesn't make sense that people in the Marvel universe would love a freakish looking monster like the Thing, but hate say, Kitty Pyrde or that religious zealots would hate mutants, but would be okay with someone claiming to be a Norse god.

I wouldn't want Avengers vs. X-Men to become a movie event, I wouldn't want Movie Scarlet Witch to depower almost all the mutants, etc.

I like the fact the X-Men movies can go into darker territory, while a lot of the MCU movies remain light hearted and fun. Fox did an alright job with the X-men movies, they have had 3 good ones, two okay ones and two bad ones. Some characters got screwed over, like Cyclops, but I am hoping that after they did a soft Reboot with Days of Future Past, Cyke will have more to do X-Men Apocalypse. I would much rather Fantastic Four return to Marvel, Fox can't seem to make a good FF film and really they were more involved with the rest of the Marvel Universe then the X-Men have been till recently.

Also I think if Marvel had the rights to Spider-Man and the X-Men, we may not have had more obscure characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy make it to the Silver Screen.
    Yes I want them to be part of the mcu. Reason is I want marvel studious to do the movies. I'd like to see there take because maybe they, will actually allow the, characters to look like thier comic counterparts. All the black leather is boring. I also want an actual team movie for x men. The last ones have been the Xavier magneto mystique logan show.
    X-Men Forever

I actually think I like X-Men being a separate movie franchise, because frankly the X-Men have not meshed well with the rest of the Marvel Universe for decades. It really doesn't make sense that people in the Marvel universe would love a freakish looking monster like the Thing, but hate say, Kitty Pyrde or that religious zealots would hate mutants, but would be okay with someone claiming to be a Norse god.
    I agree, X-men could not work in a universe where everyone loves superheroes but hate mutants. X-men works perfectly in its own universe, whether it produced by Fox or Marvel it does not matter to me. But if Marvel produced it, there is a major possibility that the X-men universe will be blended to the MCU, so I prefer Fox to produce X-men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yes I want them to be part of the mcu. Reason is I want marvel studious to do the movies. I'd like to see there take because maybe they, will actually allow the, characters to look like thier comic counterparts. All the black leather is boring. I also want an actual team movie for x men. The last ones have been the Xavier magneto mystique logan show.
    Seriously, you want Wolverine to dress in yellow spandex, Cyclops to wear that head condom, and most of the x-women cast to parade in bikini... wait scratch the last one I do want to see Halle Berry in bikini flying and throwing thunder.
    Last edited by veriaqa; 12-02-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Yes, because the X-Men movies did nothing for me. I see the characters and the stories and it simply doesn't feel like what the X-Men movies should be. I'd like to see Marvel Studios take on the characters and themes, although i'm not sure Marvel Studios would get the theme and feel of the mutants right either.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Some of them should Wolverine is more of an Avenger to me than an Xman, Beast to if Wonderman pops up in the movies. but put Storm in the BPanther movies.
    Dani Moonstar could be in Thor since she hasn't been a mutant for so long but she is a kick assValkerie.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 12-02-2014 at 06:20 AM.

I want Marvel to have the rights so badly it almost hurts. I have always preferred the X-Men but I adore the MCU movies. I think that the first 2 X movies were good for the time and they definitely helped to pave the way for what we have now. Days of Future Past was good given the restrictions that were there from previous movies but I just feel like Marvel would do so much better! Fox's best efforts have been good while there worst were abysmal. Marvel's best movies have been awesome while there worst were still good.

Not that hard to put them in just say that HYDRA accidentally released a virus that gives people superpowers.

I certainly believe the X-men SHOULD be part of the MCU. The problem is they CAN'T. Licensing and lawyers won't allow it. And unless 20th Century Fox goes out of business (which isn't happening anytime soon), Marvel and their Disney overlords will not get those rights back. There's just too much money tied up in these contracts and unless there's some sort of loophole that someone hasn't discovered, it's not going to happen. I'd love to see a movie where the X-men get to interact with the Avengers. Heck, I wouldn't mind an Avengers vs. X-men movie, so long as it doesn't make the same mistakes as the comic. But for the moment, that's just not possible.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Not that hard to put them in just say that HYDRA accidentally released a virus that gives people superpowers.
    Don't really even need to do that. Mutants are only a small portion of the population. Just have a government cover up involved, and a lot of freaky people in hiding, and you can suddenly start having them pop up. Perhaps the whole cosmic mess the Avengers are getting involved with starts spurring more and more mutant births, and it can no longer be hidden.

Really, I would just like to bring it all under one company for the sake of continuity and story structure. Not just in the movies, but int he comics as well, which sadly have been horribly skewed as DisMarvel tries to reconfigure and reboot things to fit more in line with the movie verses to pull in new readers, and fail horribly at it. Even if it was just Disney and FOX acting like grown ups for a change, and signing a merger deal on the X-Franchise for mutual benefits and cross overs it would be a positive thing, and both companies could profit. But these are major conglomerates. They are not about to work toward one another's benefit, or much care what the populace thinks, as long as they are making money hand over dirty fist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I'd go the other way and write SHIELD made mutants to fight the Hydra and it's miracles. Sorta borrow from Ult Marvel where government made mutants.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I think there are lot of people who feel the X-Men films have been lackluster and not as daring as Marvel Studio's. What I feel these people are failing to take on board is that there was nearly a 10 year difference between the original X-Men and the first of the Marvel Studio's films.

Back in 2000 audiences and studios were far more cynical of the genre (mainly down to WB's Batman & Robin) and less open to the more fantastical and spectacular elements of the superhero movies of today. The foundations that the X-Men films played a large roll in laying, allowed Marvel to take it to the next level and I think FOX should be appreciated for helping us get to this point rather than vilified for not having the benefit of the established audience and legitimized genre that Marvel have benefited from.

Also with DOFP Fox have shown they want to get to the point where they can do the things that simply weren't possible financially or thematically back in 2000, I mean we are getting Apocalypse in an X-Men movie....who would have thought that back in 2002?

I for one loved the movies. Where they direct translations from the page? Well no. But did they treat the characters as a joke or a 2 hour toy commercial?..again no. We got a movie representation that the run time, money and technology could best interpret.

Back in the day you couldn't just announce sequel after sequel to build your world, you had to go in as if your current movie would be your last in the series.
    L'Enfer !

haing a high public approval rating one way or the other doesn't really matter too Thor. Spider-Man and the Hulk are as impopular as the X-Men. Captain America won WWII and Iron-Man is just a billionare in a suit. There's really no problem with them. The Avengers as a group and FF are the only things it doesn't mesh it with.