Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1008
  1. #16
    Incredible Member RedQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Don't play with me Slott. I am freaking out. Both good and bad. If it means more Mary Jane I am so in.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    My guess is this is all part of what seems to be a "Crisis On Infinite Earths"-type event for next summer given all of the other teasers released over the last few weeks. A company-wide reboot finally along the lines of The New 52? Possible. A huge crossover with all of the various realities and dimensions spilling out of Spider-Verse? Even more possible.
    It's almost certainly in the context of all those other Summer 2015 Secret Wars tie-in teasers.

    I think some people on this thread are barking up the wrong tree, even though there are intriguing questions about the project.

    For example, given the number of series announced is Marvel going to release a lot of one-shots/ mini-series? Or will these replace the main titles for a little while?

    Who should the creative team be?

  3. #18
    Incredible Member Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    654

    Default

    As much as I want this to happen, I know it's not. I feel as though this is going to be attached to the next Marvel event, I really want Peter married again and if he and MJ FINALLY have their universal constant daughter in the 616 I would be ecstatic, but I know Marvel won't let it happen...low blow Marvel...low blow.

  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,469

    Default

    Seems like an odd alternate universe to tie into Secret Wars. I'd say it'd make more sense to use Mayday rather than the redhead from OMD, but I suppose the former is already getting her spotlight in 'Verse.

    Unfortunately, sounds like a lot of readers are gonna get themselves all worked up over a teasee they know in their hearts to be misleading, then when the story doesn't pan out the way they want it to, and you know it will, they're gonna get unnecessarily angry. Not at themselves, of course, because they're the victims in all this.

    Do like that color scheme on the costume, though.

  5. #20
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vmcb View Post
    Nobody really thinks that these event teasers are really going to come to fruition in the way they suggest, right? I assume the teasers are just referring to specific arcs or minis that'll be connected to the Secret Wars event. There's no way Marvel can actually pull of these teasers as full-on events, that would be chaos.

    However, I must say that I really dig that classic Spidey costume with the black/navy colour as opposed to a brighter blue.
    True but this is something I'd like to see happen... but like the other teases, different dimensions pulled in for Secret Wars no doubt...

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Dare I hope for an event that creates an alternative universe where Quesada never started writing comics?

  7. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Yes! I mean it all makes sense with the possible reboot coming and with TASM 3 coming out it would totally make sense to bring the two together AND WITH THEIR DAUGHTER! It's about time they are about to do something great for the character

  8. #23
    Mighty Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's almost certainly in the context of all those other Summer 2015 Secret Wars tie-in teasers.

    I think some people on this thread are barking up the wrong tree, even though there are intriguing questions about the project.

    For example, given the number of series announced is Marvel going to release a lot of one-shots/ mini-series? Or will these replace the main titles for a little while?

    Who should the creative team be?
    I rather suspect all of the ongoing Marvel titles will be replaced for a few months by these "alternate reality" titles, much like the original Age of Apocalypse X-Men event (or even the Scarlet Spider taking over ASM). Creative team? Hmmmm, hard to say given the limited info we currently have on the context or tone of the book but I have long hoped for Jason Aaron to take another crack at Spidey or even Remender....

  9. #24
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's almost certainly in the context of all those other Summer 2015 Secret Wars tie-in teasers.

    I think some people on this thread are barking up the wrong tree, even though there are intriguing questions about the project.

    For example, given the number of series announced is Marvel going to release a lot of one-shots/ mini-series? Or will these replace the main titles for a little while?
    I don't see any reason to believe they're series, or even one-shots. Could just be displaying all the different realities involved in that one Secret Wars story. Or maybe Spidey will visit this reality in the main Amazing book, as a tie-in. I personally wouldn't expect any more that that.

    EDIT: Or what oldschool said above. Good idea.

  10. #25
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    674

    Default

    I'll be honest. That is the first Spider-Man image that has made me happy for a long while.

    Yes, something else might happen, but still..it's nice.

  11. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    220

    Default

    If OMD is undone in 2015 then that little girl could be baby May from the Clone Saga because it obviously couldn't be the future daughter shown in OMD unless the story takes place in the future after Peter and Mary Jane get remarried.

    I don't believe baby May was stillborn I believe that Osborn had her kidnapped and still had her somewhere prior to OMD.

    So, from my perspective going by the cover OMD is going to be undone in order to introduce a daughter of that age into the mix it has to be baby May from the Clone Saga.

  12. #27
    Veteran Member Darth Kal-el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,572

    Default

    I know this is a tease but at least it shows the marriage still lives in the minds of some creators and based on sales of this AU maybe they will begin to move back in the 616

  13. #28
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    So, from my perspective going by the cover OMD is going to be undone in order to introduce a daughter of that age into the mix it has to be baby May from the Clone Saga.
    No. It's just for Secret Wars. They're not gonna undo something they went through hell (no pun intended) to enact.

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    As much as I want this to happen, I know it's not. I feel as though this is going to be attached to the next Marvel event, I really want Peter married again and if he and MJ FINALLY have their universal constant daughter in the 616 I would be ecstatic, but I know Marvel won't let it happen...low blow Marvel...low blow.

    If the daughter is that age then it can't be the future version that was shown in OMD. It can only be baby May from the Clone Saga the one that was actually kidnapped and not stillborn as we were lead to believe.

  15. #30
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I rather suspect all of the ongoing Marvel titles will be replaced for a few months by these "alternate reality" titles, much like the original Age of Apocalypse X-Men event (or even the Scarlet Spider taking over ASM). Creative team? Hmmmm, hard to say given the limited info we currently have on the context or tone of the book but I have long hoped for Jason Aaron to take another crack at Spidey or even Remender....
    That's an interesting theory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •