Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

So Marvel is celebrating all the great stories from their past... Then they come out with "Renew Your Vows", which has Peter, MJ and their daughter on the cover.

Man... Marvel loves trolling people.

Apparently marvel doesn't want the disgruntled fans to let go of the marriage

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    It says "Renew your vows" that implies more of Peter and Mary Jane getting remarried rather than the undoing of OMD itself.

However, revealing on the cover of having a daughter that age implies the undoing of OMD instead because baby May could likely be that age if OMD is undone and Peter and Mary Jane find her.
    I have to admit that even if the marriage wasn't restored, a storyline where it's finally revealed that May survived and Pete and MJ find her - together with flashbacks with a slightly edited Clone Saga to dispute the apparent idea started in OMIT that MJ never got pregnant after the aborted wedding - would be awesome. It's time to let Peter mature, and having a kid daughter helps with that.

Fantastic Member

Isn't this kind of different from the other teasers? It's not using a tagline/title from a previous event, after all.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

This was a great reveal. Obviously they're not undoing OMD/ OMIT and MJ and Parker couldn't be further apart right now. But I'm betting the seeds for this will be planted in Spider-Verse, with the follow up coming in Secret Wars. Somewhere there's a reality where Parker didn't take the deal and Aunt May died. But he got his family. Count me in for the ride, I'm down with this. I DO wonder though how this fits with the fact that Miles is seen on the promotional image for Secret Wars, not Parker... further interesting is that there's three Captain Americas on the image but the only Spider-Man is Miles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    Isn't this kind of different from the other teasers? It's not using a tagline/title from a previous event, after all.

Which could mean that it stands alone as a normal, regular story with no connections to anything, except perhaps being a third part to the story of OMD which undoes the whole thing and re-introduces baby May from the Clone Saga into the 616 universe because there's no way that it could be their future daughter that was revealed in OMD, unless the story itself takes place in the future.

Incredible Member

Now Marvel is just being mean.

BANNED

Marvel is definately trolling the fans of marriage, not cool from you... But I still wonder what is all those events in summer

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Ouch. This hurts, Marvel!

And get to the point, already!!! Still calling that the characters in all these solicits are those to be used in Hickman's Secret Wars.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm still wanting to see a mini-series where Pete and (whoever) have a boy instead of a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    Strictly speaking not all the tags have been straight adaptions. We have 'Years' instead of 'Days of Future Past', 'Planet Hulk' is something entirely different from the original story, 'Inhumans: Rise of Attilan' is original etc.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What does Slott have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm still wanting to see a mini-series where Pete and (whoever) have a boy instead of a girl.
    Universe X had a vision of a universe where Peter and Gwen married and had a son who became Spidey too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    This was a great reveal. Obviously they're not undoing OMD/ OMIT and MJ and Parker couldn't be further apart right now. But I'm betting the seeds for this will be planted in Spider-Verse, with the follow up coming in Secret Wars. Somewhere there's a reality where Parker didn't take the deal and Aunt May died. But he got his family. Count me in for the ride, I'm down with this. I DO wonder though how this fits with the fact that Miles is seen on the promotional image for Secret Wars, not Parker... further interesting is that there's three Captain Americas on the image but the only Spider-Man is Miles.

I rather have that reality than the Mephistoverse reality that we have now.

In fact I think Marvel should've always had two titles one in which Peter and Mary Jane accepted the deal with Mephisto and one in which they rejected it that way everyone could get what they want.

Perhaps they are planning to do such a thing now.

If this is going to be an alternate reality then there is no reason to put an end to the stories that come from it.

I don't think that fans of the marriage will care that such stories don't take place in the 616 universe as long as they continue from the point of having known Peter and Mary Jane rejected Mephisto's deal because to those of us who are fans of the marriage that would be the true Peter and Mary Jane anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    I DO wonder though how this fits with the fact that Miles is seen on the promotional image for Secret Wars, not Parker... further interesting is that there's three Captain Americas on the image but the only Spider-Man is Miles.
    Well, I wouldn't read too much into that. Maybe Peter is busy doing damage control on the street level while other heroes are duking it out (kinda like UU Spidey in Ultimatum). It could be he's thrown into a different reality and temporarily stuck. Artistic choice. Perhaps due to Spider-Verse being similar in execution and concept, they decided to keep him off the promotional image (yeah Miles is there, but he's gotten no push in non-Ultimate events until recently, and multiple Spideys meeting gets too close to SV).
    Last edited by Webhead; 10-30-2014 at 08:35 AM.