Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Well, I wouldn't read too much into that. Maybe Peter is busy doing damage control on the street level while other heroes are duking it out (kinda like UU Spidey in Ultimatum). It could be he's thrown into a different reality and temporarily stuck. Artistic choice. Perhaps due to Spider-Verse being similar in execution and concept, they decided to keep him off the promotional image (yeah Miles is there, but he's gotten no push in non-Ultimate events until recently, and multiple Spideys meeting gets too close to SV).
    I think it was artistic choice. I forget where I read it, but Adam Hughes basically was told "draw literally whoever you want" for the poster, so he picked character she wanted to draw.

BANNED

Wow this is pretty mind-blowing, just for them to even address or even draw Peter. And Mary Jane. With a kid. Holy f@#$!!

I think people are right to think this is just trolling, though. It makes no sense for Marvel to reunite Peter and Mary Jane at this point, at least as husband and wife.

I'd be fine with a story where Peter and Mary Jane remember every facet of the deal they made with Mephisto. OMD / OMIT let them both off the hook way too easy. If they address those aspects, I think readers can hopefully move on.

BANNED

I call clone peter and mj.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    I call clone peter and mj.
    Ooooooooooh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Wow this is pretty mind-blowing, just for them to even address or even draw Peter. And Mary Jane. With a kid. Holy f@#$!!

I think people are right to think this is just trolling, though. It makes no sense for Marvel to reunite Peter and Mary Jane at this point, at least as husband and wife.

I'd be fine with a story where Peter and Mary Jane remember every facet of the deal they made with Mephisto. OMD / OMIT let them both off the hook way too easy. If they address those aspects, I think readers can hopefully move on.

Marvel probably had this planned since OMD they knew that undoing the marriage would stir things up and them keeping their foot down about not undoing OMD (until they choose to almost 10 years later) made people think that the marriage would never be restored only for it to be part of the plan all along.

Even if it turns out to be an alternate reality in which Peter and Mary Jane rejected Mephisto's deal it very well could be a reality that will get its own book and that would be something that I'm sure fans of the marriage would appreciate...I know I would.

Yeah, petty trolling. I'm kinda disappointed and also kinda happy that they're acknowledging the marriage.

The other Secret Wars teases have been related to events, though. The marriage was not an event, it was a solid 20 years of Peter's life.

But the chance that this is actually a full on reversal is probably like 2%.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's almost certainly in the context of all those other Summer 2015 Secret Wars tie-in teasers.

I think some people on this thread are barking up the wrong tree, even though there are intriguing questions about the project.

For example, given the number of series announced is Marvel going to release a lot of one-shots/ mini-series? Or will these replace the main titles for a little while?

Who should the creative team be?
    You mean as a response to DC's Convergence? Put regular books on hold, and have these one-shots?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Yeah, petty trolling. I'm kinda disappointed and also kinda happy that they're acknowledging the marriage.

The other Secret Wars teases have been related to events, though. The marriage was not an event, it was a solid 20 years of Peter's life.

But the chance that this is actually a full on reversal is probably like 2%.

For me it doesn't have to be a reversal.

I'd be satisfied with it being an alternate reality in which Peter and Mary Jane rejected Mephisto's deal (as the true Peter and Mary Jane written in character would've) and such a universe gets its own book. I'd definitely read it over the current book that we have.

"Age of X" Spidey and MJ?
    Alternate reality Ben Reilly and Elizabeth Tyne?

Hard to believe they'd bring back the actual marriage.

BANNED

I'd be fine if they retconned the last seven years of complete crap stories as having never happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Hard to believe they'd bring back the actual marriage.

Which could be exactly what Joe Quesada wanted us to think for all we know.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

I wouldn't say Marvel is outright trolling, but all of these 'Summer 2015' teasers seem like misdirection. They can't possibly be having that many events/series at once. And I don't think it is a reboot, because why would they reboot to stories that are midpoints in history, like 'House of M' or 'Kitty Pryde joins the X-Men'? A reboot would be a blank slate.
    I think it is a trick to promote some kind of new format release, like Masterworks or digital libraries.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    So Marvel is celebrating all the great stories from their past... Then they come out with "Renew Your Vows", which has Peter, MJ and their daughter on the cover.

Man... Marvel loves trolling people.
    It's not all the great stories necessarily.

There's an emphasis on alternate worlds (House of M, Age of Apocalyse, Days of Future Past, etc.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Seems like an odd alternate universe to tie into Secret Wars. I'd say it'd make more sense to use Mayday rather than the redhead from OMD, but I suppose the former is already getting her spotlight in 'Verse.

Unfortunately, sounds like a lot of readers are gonna get themselves all worked up over a teasee they know in their hearts to be misleading, then when the story doesn't pan out the way they want it to, and you know it will, they're gonna get unnecessarily angry. Not at themselves, of course, because they're the victims in all this.
    hubbs, can you also provide me with the next winning number for the Mega Millions drawing?

-Pav, who is awed at your fortune-telling abilities...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details