Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

My heart screaming yes but my brain reminding me that it's still Joe Q's marvel and as long as it is OMD will never be undone. No matter how much more better things would be. Most of the post OMD stuff has been horrible disaster of storytelling. I like dan but everything I read about what has been done (not even count horrid superior crap) has been garbage. Directions taken with Spider-Man, Mary Jane, and the rest of spider cast leaves me face palming hard. I wish this was more then a special or mini-series it will be but my brain telling me it won't be. Marvel hasn't proven me wrong yet though. I get my hands and knees if need be and beg for them to prove me wrong.

Mighty Member

I have no idea what Marvel's doing. I don't say that with malice or derision or anger or negativity. I genuinely have no idea what Marvel is doing with these series of teasers. Nothing really makes sense. There are too many of them that harken back to stories that need no sequel or where no sequel is really possible. There are too many of them that are alternate universe tales. There are too many of them that are from the main continuity.

This latest one is probably the most confusing ever, with both the title being new, and the presence of the young red-headed girl. What makes sense would be this is the final chapter of the 'trilogy' Quesada talked about, and that it ends with them reunited, but the presence of the child throws that into question, and honestly what makes sense hasn't been a priority for them in a long time.

Slott has been happy to troll fans about this in the past, and since this is clearly a line wide event I'm just not sure what to think. A multiversal bleed-over? Sure, though considering Spider-Man is doing that already it seems a little redundant. And honestly some of these stories aren't multiversal, they're events from the past. Maybe this is Marvel's way of doing Flashpoint, a line wide continuity "we can do whatever we want", or maybe it is a true universal reboot.

But I've been burned too much to really believe this is gonna undo OMD. At best, we'll get an OMD resolution right before the universe is reset/shuffled that then seperates the two of them again, leaving us with one final middle finger. Which...is kind of what I would expect from Slott. I'm gonna go with that as the most likely resolution.

BANNED

I'm with Chamelion. I actually think Marvel always intended to bring back the marriage at one point, OMD and OMIT were strcutured in such a way that it was entirely possible to reverse it. I don't think this is an AU at all, but the next logical step in the story Slott is telling. Slott having Mayday say MJ would "never Peter EVER" was another indicator he was building to something with them

And I can't stress that, for the last seven years, the marriage was never away from the printed medium (Spider-Girl from 2008-2010 and recently now, and the newspaper strip)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    My heart screaming yes but my brain reminding me that it's still Joe Q's marvel and as long as it is OMD will never be undone. No matter how much more better things would be. Most of the post OMD stuff has been horrible disaster of storytelling. I like dan but everything I read about what has been done (not even count horrid superior crap) has been garbage. Directions taken with Spider-Man, Mary Jane, and the rest of spider cast leaves me face palming hard. I wish this was more then a special or mini-series it will be but my brain telling me it won't be. Marvel hasn't proven me wrong yet though. I get my hands and knees if need be and beg for them to prove me wrong.

Would you be satisfied if it turns out to be an alternate reality in which Peter and Mary Jane rejected Mephisto's deal?

Because depending on how well the story sells Marvel could consider creating a book that takes place in that alternate reality. It might be the least and the best thing that fans of the marriage could hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrose64 View Post
    If they do remarry and it actually takes place in the 616 universe, then I will end my Spider-Man boycott. I read Spider-man books from 1982 all they way up to the OMD fiasco (yes, I even stuck through the whole clone storyline).
    Same here haven't touch an issue of amazing Spider-Man since that atrocity, in the -likely- event that this is marvel just screwing us I will continue to boycott the title.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    I wouldn't say Marvel is outright trolling, but all of these 'Summer 2015' teasers seem like misdirection. They can't possibly be having that many events/series at once. And I don't think it is a reboot, because why would they reboot to stories that are midpoints in history, like 'House of M' or 'Kitty Pryde joins the X-Men'? A reboot would be a blank slate.
    I think it is a trick to promote some kind of new format release, like Masterworks or digital libraries.
    The thinking behind it being a reboot is that all these teaser images are kind of like a clip show/celebration right before the end. It's highlighting all the big moments from the past, looking back one last time before we turn away from them "forever" and step forward into the future. So, all the images aren't really teases so much as "remember that? Wasn't that cool? Good times."

So I'm thinking about this image very intensly. What could it mean? Marvel wants a single Spider-Man.
    I totally get their reasoing behind that idea. But they blundered the way they got rid of the marriage. It was idiotic, made no sense in the context of the continuity and character of Spider-Man. And felt badly written and rushed. It offered no emotional closure for either the readers or Peter and Mary Jane.

I think they are going to use broken time and the incursions to get rid of OMD and OMIT. Marvel has said that these one shots and limiteds series count. With broken time I at first thought these one shots were glimpses into alternate realities where the stories played out differently. Then the Planet Hulk cover showed up. On the Planet Hulk cover it showed an Alt Captain America with Axe fighting multiple unvierse Hulks. Then the Iron Wars cover came out showing various alternate versions of Iron Men at War.

Alonso said these stories count.

So if there not glimpses into other realties..what are they?

What if..(Ha ha) because of broken time realities start leaking into each other? Secret Wars shows various alternate timelines at war with each other. This explains the warring Hulks and Iron Men. And Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies.

What if as a result of this bleeding and perhaps bleding of realties the status quos are changed to old ones with new twists?

What if that's what brings back a version of Baby May and the marriage back? Or it could be as simple as a alternate Peter and Mary Jane who vist the 616 version.

I think Marvel wants to steamline their continuity. Not get rid of it. But get rid of the crappier baggage. They already do this but in more subtle and sometimes not so suble ways. But doing it all big and showy gets attention and readers.

So let's use Spider-Man as an example of what they could do. Going the way of the NEW 52 is not the way to do it. Starting from scaracth invalidates their back catalouge and makes those stories not count. Why bother to read a defucnt universe? So what do they do? Keep his greatest hits. Kraven's last hunt. Gwen Stacy's death. Maybe a more condense version of the clone saga.

But also to get rid of the bad stuff. Bye bye Sins Past. So long OMD and OMIT which brings back the marriage.

But they want less baggage right? So how else can they streamline?

So the marriage is back in this potential new continuity. But They still want Peter to be single and childess. Because in this new reality (theoritcally speaking ) the baby will never be conceived. PERIOD.

Plus they can get more cash by showing you how they broke up. And tug on all your emotions and heart strings. Making you cry about the break up but at the same time you understand why they are splitting up.

So what will see the more popular stories will still be there. All the crap stories nobody cares about gone and never referenced. They still got the best stories. Not so much over whelming history. Easier to get into the comics. Once time is fixed.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Zevad; 10-30-2014 at 10:12 AM.

BANNED

Man, if this starts the End Of OMD, then I will be the happiest Marvel fan around. I mean honestly, they really toeing the line with this new tease.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I have no idea what Marvel's doing. I don't say that with malice or derision or anger or negativity. I genuinely have no idea what Marvel is doing with these series of teasers. Nothing really makes sense. There are too many of them that harken back to stories that need no sequel or where no sequel is really possible. There are too many of them that are alternate universe tales. There are too many of them that are from the main continuity.

This latest one is probably the most confusing ever, with both the title being new, and the presence of the young red-headed girl. What makes sense would be this is the final chapter of the 'trilogy' Quesada talked about, and that it ends with them reunited, but the presence of the child throws that into question, and honestly what makes sense hasn't been a priority for them in a long time.

Slott has been happy to troll fans about this in the past, and since this is clearly a line wide event I'm just not sure what to think. A multiversal bleed-over? Sure, though considering Spider-Man is doing that already it seems a little redundant. And honestly some of these stories aren't multiversal, they're events from the past. Maybe this is Marvel's way of doing Flashpoint, a line wide continuity "we can do whatever we want", or maybe it is a true universal reboot.

But I've been burned too much to really believe this is gonna undo OMD. At best, we'll get an OMD resolution right before the universe is reset/shuffled that then seperates the two of them again, leaving us with one final middle finger. Which...is kind of what I would expect from Slott. I'm gonna go with that as the most likely resolution.

Not if that red headed girl turns out to be baby May from the Clone Saga.

If OMD is going to be undone then that would revive baby May's existence in the timeline and then the story could reveal that sometime after the events of the undoing of OMD baby May was found be Peter and Mary Jane.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Like I said before, the expressions on Peter and Mary Jane's faces don't exactly exude marital bliss. That girl on Peter's shoulders could be the Mephisto redhead girl that trolled Peter during OMD. I'm hoping for the best but I'm not letting myself become too hopeful. Or maybe I am. Bah...

the faces say contentment. it's subtle and realistic. it doesn't need to be big grins and laughter

Your hearts will be broken, people! Stop dreaming!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I'm with Chamelion. I actually think Marvel always intended to bring back the marriage at one point, OMD and OMIT were strcutured in such a way that it was entirely possible to reverse it. I don't think this is an AU at all, but the next logical step in the story Slott is telling. Slott having Mayday say MJ would "never Peter EVER" was another indicator he was building to something with them

And I can't stress that, for the last seven years, the marriage was never away from the printed medium (Spider-Girl from 2008-2010 and recently now, and the newspaper strip)
    Yeah... No. I really doubt they planned to bring back the marriage, and I get the feeling some of you are going to be very disappointed after this is said and done. Most likely Secret Wars related, nothing more and nothing less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Your hearts will be broken, people! Stop dreaming!
    It's gonna be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    For me it doesn't have to be a reversal.

I'd be satisfied with it being an alternate reality in which Peter and Mary Jane rejected Mephisto's deal (as the true Peter and Mary Jane written in character would've) and such a universe gets its own book. I'd definitely read it over the current book that we have.
    Yeah I'd say there's about a 1% chance for that getting its own book. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to read that too.