Page 395 of 436 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 6532

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    This should have been a thing for a long time.
    I love it

BANNED

Loved that piece since I first saw it. Set Post-Convergence, this is generally what I think of when I envision where the original versions of these characters ultimately ended up. After the massive amounts of crap they were put through, they got their damn happy ending.

Extraordinary Member

It *is* amazing just how much sincere and genuinely wonderful little character moments you could get out of these three characters in the context of a Pre-Flashpoint "down time" moment. They had so much weight in their friendships thanks to so many good issues and arcs that even a totally silent panel could communicate volumes.

Speaking of Pre-Flashpoint....

...Am I alone in hoping that OMAC Tim in Detective right now is beaten in such a way that Tim gets his Pre-Flashpoint memories and starts tackling those implications as his new schtick, kind of like we've discussed before? I mean, they clearly established in the last TEC issue that OMAC Tim and the General are operating off of Tomorrow Tim's timeline with the girls seeing their old IDs. And over in Flash, Wally's become fascinating again thanks to his near-schizophrenic struggle with remembering everything.

Is it just too much to hope we'd get that?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    It *is* amazing just how much sincere and genuinely wonderful little character moments you could get out of these three characters in the context of a Pre-Flashpoint "down time" moment. They had so much weight in their friendships thanks to so many good issues and arcs that even a totally silent panel could communicate volumes.

Speaking of Pre-Flashpoint....

...Am I alone in hoping that OMAC Tim in Detective right now is beaten in such a way that Tim gets his Pre-Flashpoint memories and starts tackling those implications as his new schtick, kind of like we've discussed before? I mean, they clearly established in the last TEC issue that OMAC Tim and the General are operating off of Tomorrow Tim's timeline with the girls seeing their old IDs. And over in Flash, Wally's become fascinating again thanks to his near-schizophrenic struggle with remembering everything.

Hell yeah, give Tim a big ole mystery.

BANNED

I'm predicting that he won't get his memories back, but, as an OMAC, he'll see the Pre-FP timeline, leading him and Steph out of Gotham to go find his friends.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...31309364363264

I get the feeling that along with setting up Outsiders, Hill's run will also be wrapping up Tynion's, since the latter really doesn't have the time to do it. Sending Tim and Steph off to YJ, Azrael to JLO and wherever, if anywhere, for Kate and Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm predicting that he won't get his memories back, but, as an OMAC, he'll see the Pre-FP timeline, leading him and Steph out of Gotham to go find his friends.
    So you mean he'll know that the events happened to him but not remember them as "his" memories?

I can dig that.

I just want him to have this disconnect between wanting to just call it quits to make the most of his second chance with his family and friends he previously lost, but also knowing that he can't because of a higher cause.

BANNED

In theory Tim already got his memories back when he turned into OMAC, but he also turned into Batman of Tomorrow.

Extraordinary Member

In theory Tim already got his memories back when he turned into OMAC, but he also turned into Batman of Tomorrow.
    He's explicitly been exposed to Batman of Tomorrow's memories, even down to the fates of his friends, which are presumably the same memories that General exposed to Cass and Steph, which explicitly featured Pre-Flashpoint Batgirl identities for both ladies. And since Tynion first started playing with the Batman of Tomorrow idea began with confirmation that there was a noticeable difference between the two timelines, but also that they were now connected...

He *should* know everything, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...31309364363264

I get the feeling that along with setting up Outsiders, Hill's run will also be wrapping up Tynion's, since the latter really doesn't have the time to do it. Sending Tim and Steph off to YJ, Azrael to JLO and wherever, if anywhere, for Kate and Luke.
    Impulse showed up in the Flash's last issue, so they're definitely setting up a context in which YJ can arrive with the timeline mystery. And a timeline mystery would definitively separate YJ from Titans and Teen Titans.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Jason is the only one clearly looking at the camera;

tumblr_p7ivv5vFVg1u3xbigo1_1280.jpg

He's explicitly been exposed to Batman of Tomorrow's memories, even down to the fates of his friends, which are presumably the same memories that General exposed to Cass and Steph, which explicitly featured Pre-Flashpoint Batgirl identities for both ladies. And since Tynion first started playing with the Batman of Tomorrow idea began with confirmation that there was a noticeable difference between the two timelines, but also that they were now connected...

He *should* know everything, now.

Impulse showed up in the Flash's last issue, so they're definitely setting up a context in which YJ can arrive with the timeline mystery. And a timeline mystery would definitively separate YJ from Titans and Teen Titans.
    Yeah, i think that is obvious that they are planning something with the 90s generation, but they are taking a long time to get there.

BANNED

I wouldnt be surprised if the 2 years plan became a 5 years plan. Its already looking like it will be 3 years at least.

tumblr_oqmpgdc2Tz1rrmxy1o1_r1_1280.jpg
    Edit for a drawing. Looks cool, Jason smoking also kind of fits.
    Last edited by Mataza; 05-18-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Edit for a drawing. Looks cool, Jason smoking also kind of fits.
    Ehhh… Anyone who had to put up with Batman's physical training who then decides to pick up smoking doesn't really fit for me. Characters like Wolverine or Johnny Blaze... or even Gambit who get by with powers or who AREN"T expected to be able to run a mile in 4 minutes... THEM I can sometimes see smoking.

The Batfamily fighting for physical perfection? No chance. It just reeks of 'I'm the cool rebel one'. Batman smoked a pipe back in the 40's... but times being what they are now? ANY of the robins should know better.

BANNED

Batmans eating habits are far worse for his performance than smoking would, the subtext being "im so selfless i dont even waste time eating". I dont think we are suposed to think about it beyond the "im the cool rebel one".
    Last edited by Mataza; 05-18-2018 at 04:05 PM.

BANNED

Hah, what the hell.