Page 197 of 436 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 6532
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I guess that you could argue that Cass is no longer part of the family. What I don't get is why people throw Steph in there. You'd think she was the sassiest huge part of the Batfamily and Bruce's daughter with the way fandom treats her.
    Because folks take issue with her fans.

Unlike that other fanbase (the one with X in the name)-they went after MANAGEMENT not other fanbases.

They got in Dan's face many times. They went after who was the source of the problem.

As did Cass fans.

Because it was not Babs fans who edited both of them out of books including LIl Gotham & Batwing. That was management.

You can't have Duke and Tim in the same story without some clone syndrome showing up.
    Yet Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has no issue with. Nor Green Lantern, Flash (before New 52) and Transformers.

You can write different personalities for each one.

And no appearing in 7-10 issues of over 30+ Batman Rebirth related books is not a push. That is tokenism.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has no issue with. Nor Green Lantern, Flash (before New 52) and Transformers.

You can write different personalities for each one.
    But Duke doesn't really have different personality than Tim, having them both around is imo as pointless as having Cass and Strix arround (and I'm not that knowldedgable when it comes to Flash, but I'm not really sure if Barry and an adult Wally are really that different).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But Duke doesn't really have different personality than Tim, having them both around is imo as pointless as having Cass and Strix arround (and I'm not that knowldedgable when it comes to Flash, but I'm not really sure if Barry and an adult Wally are really that different).
    Yeah, Duke is basically a blander, less developed Tim. With the others though, I will always argue that Cass and Strix's similarities are merely surface level, much like Cass and Laura Kinney, and no, properly written, Barry and adult Wally are not similar at all.(Okay, they have some similarities but they're still very unique)

BANNED

Yeah, what the Duke apologists don't understand is that, regardless of their career path or superficial traits, Duke is still a Tim Drake lite. They act too similarly to coexist without stepping on each other's toes. Large casts of characters are dependent on a diversity of personality types, which Duke fails to give us. He's less a compelling, underdeveloped Pre-Flashpoint Tim.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I will always argue that Cass and Strix's similarities are merely surface level,
    The only big differnces I see is that Cass can read body language and that Strix has no problems with killing people, otherwise the differrences between them don't seem much bigger, than the variance you get for one of them when written by different writers.

And there is imo not much of a point in having them both in the same team.

BANNED

The only big differnces I see is that Cass can read body language and that Strix has no problems with killing people, otherwise the differrences between them don't seem much bigger, than the variance you get for one of them when written by different writers.

And there is imo not much of a point in having them both in the same team.
    If Strix really was Cass light in Batgirl and Birds of Prey like I've heard she was, fair enough, I haven't read those books. All I know is that her personality in Secret Six was very different than any version of Cass.

I do agree though that they should never be on the same team. Personalities may be the most important thing for a character to be unique, but with their surface similarities, it would be a waste to have them taking up two team slots. I wouldn't mind a one time team up between them though.

Extraordinary Member

If Strix really was Cass light in Batgirl and Birds of Prey like I've heard she was, fair enough, I haven't read those books. All I know is that her personality in Secret Six was very different than any version of Cass.
    But I think that more because Sectret Six having a very different tone that the books Cass was in.

I do agree though that they should never be on the same team. Personalities may be the most important thing for a character to be unique, but with their surface similarities, it would be a waste to have them taking up two team slots. I wouldn't mind a one time team up between them though.
    A team up with two similar characters can work.
    But I think on the long run there is not much of having them both in the Batmanfranchise (wjich secret Six is not really a part of) even i they never appear in the same book. Since in the end of the day you could give basically any guest appaerence of Stix in a Batbook to Cass, and I think it makes more sense for DC to double down on Cass than splitting their energy between Cass and Strix, thats imo similar with Duke and Tim (and I think for the same reason that the current 'TEC line up is not a good idea).

https://twitter.com/srDAVIDLAFUENTE/...54649865715712

Slightly off topic perhaps, but Tynion retweeted some original pencils from the end of Batman Eternal when Tim and Steph first met and oh my goodness
    DCAzDolXYAAy1T4.jpg
    Lil' bat heart

I do actually really like that scene, mostly because Tim is a massive goober in it, may be more conventional than a brick to the face but it's still a sweet first meeting between the two.

BANNED

(and I think for the same reason that the current 'TEC line up is not a good idea).
    Definitely get what you're saying about everything else, but what do you think is wrong with the 'Tec roster? There's zero redundancy personality wise, and with Tim and Steph currently not around, the only redundancy skill wise is Kate and Bruce.

BANNED

Yeah the 'Tec roster is fine. The only characters who are even slightly similar were Tim and Luke Fox, and Luke didn't join until after Tim left so redundancy wasn't a problem. But if Steph and Harper are on the team at the same time, THEN you've got a redundancy problem.

Extraordinary Member

Definitely get what you're saying about everything else, but what do you think is wrong with the 'Tec roster? There's zero redundancy personality wise, and with Tim and Steph currently not around, the only redundancy skill wise is Kate and Bruce.
    It is not about redundancy within the roster, imo it would make just more sense to keep the overall Batfamily roaster smaller. I think it would make sense leave Luke and Jean-Paul (and maybe even Kate) in Limbo, and concentrate more on the core Batfamily.
    For DC it is in the end better to have fewer charcaters, with series that have solids sales, than to have more charcters that don't sell. And once the next Batfamily event comes arround they will have either to sideline them or everybody will be pissed that they get spotlight at expense of the core members.

Just an average day with the Bat boys

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    People compare the Batgirls to the Power Puff Girls and the male Robins to the Ninja Turtles (Even though looking at all Robins, Steph is clearly more like Michelangelo than Damian), and surface level wise, it is kind of freaky how well it matches up, but that does lead me to wonder if there's any group the non-Robins and Batgirls in the Batfam match up with.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    Alfred had to bury 3 Robins that day.