Page 107 of 436 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 6532

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    So, any early guesses to what Tim's role will be in the DCU once he comes back?
    Presumably he'd just resume as Red Robin. Due to time passing in his absence that university place of his will be gone.

BANNED

Well, if everything was done perfectly...

He will rejoin the Bat-Family in time for the next major event, team up with the other Robins, and reclaim his place in the Bat-books for good. Then he'll start uncovering his secret past where he learns his true (Pre-Flashpoint) origin, and finally meets the real Bart Allen, Kon El, and Cassie Sandsmark. After playing a notable role in the Rebirth storyline, he forms a new Young Justice with his friends and becomes the new Nite Owl while also chilling with the Bat-Family in a 2nd series.

But that's just too perfect to happen

Extraordinary Member

I kind of wish that Batman and Batwoman both leave Detective Comics for their own books, but the rest of the team stays, with a returned and Rebirthed Red Robin Tim acting as their strategist, though I don't know if I'd want him as field leader. Tim's best writing in a team dynamic, like in early Teen Titans and Young Justice, is as the brains behind operations without quite being the "captain." Superboy and Impulse operating under autonomy with Tim having to redirect them worked best, and he just acts better as reactive commander. He shouldn't be calling out attack formations or anything like that.

And still, my preferred outcome would be Tim eventually returning to his status quo from before Flashpoint; as an occasionally wandering vigilante who tries to play long games from behind the scenes against villains, even to the extent of having him once more tussling with Lynx and other "lesser" villains he wants to attack "greater" ones. However, I'd have his parents integrated into that scheme with Witness Protection.

You see, as bad as Lobdell's New 52 origin for Tim is, there's a lot of potential in having his parents in Witness Protection. It provides Tim motivation to fight crime while keeping his parents alive, and heightens the tension both when he's with them (because they worry for him and he for them) and when he's away (what if he already said goodbye for the last time?). The issue with Lobdell's origin was the method and manner of the concept: having Tim stupidly (and trace-ably) hack Penguin's bank account so he could prove himself to Batman is an arrogantly stupid move, and one that makes the parents suffer for a son's mistakes while he gets rewarded with what he wanted. You know what would be better? Tim's parents witnessed Penguin commit a crime or caught him in a white collar crime, and that's why they're in WP. Boom! Same thing effected, but now Tim can approach crime fighting from a more humble standpoint, can still have his original origin, and the motivation to practice long-con tactics makes sense because he's trying to outfox Penguin.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

'Tec #946 had an excellent flashback scene featuring Tim at the beginning. I don't care what anyone says, I think Tynion does a great job making this character feel important. And while I'm excited for other writers to take on Rebirth Tim (a different character from Bew 52 Tim at this point) I think Tynion should continue to use him as well. He pretty much single handedly saved Tim from the Bew 52 years.

Absolutely! Tim's most amazing trait isn't his detective skills or his tactical prowess; it's what was featured in that flashback: he's a visionary, with the ability to see the potential in things. Were he still around, I think it would only be a matter of time before he started bringing the We Are Robin kids into the fold and fully implementing the vision he describes in this flashback.

And yeah, that's also what's been missing from the N52 Tim.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Absolutely! Tim's most amazing trait isn't his detective skills or his tactical prowess; it's what was featured in that flashback: he's a visionary, with the ability to see the potential in things. Were he still around, I think it would only be a matter of time before he started bringing the We Are Robin kids into the fold and fully implementing the vision he describes in this flashback.

And yeah, that's also what's been missing from the N52 Tim.
    Not really, if DC had interest in the concept then they'd have had King and Snyder using it in their books especially due to the Duke connection. Tim doesn't have anything to do with them and likely never will.

You miss my point. I'm not talking about what the writers will do; I'm talking about what Tim would do.

Extraordinary Member

It also resembles the formation of Neon Knights in the old Robin solo and Red Robin series. I really like the idea that that's the kind of organization Tim's more ambitious about, especially compared to a regular superhero team. Organizations as cohesive and massive as the ideas he describes in today's 'Tec are truly more strategic than tactical; there's a stronger focus on logistical advantages, diplomacy (almost like a "hearts and minds" campaign), and on subverting criminal enterprises at the ground level, which fits the idea of Tim thinking big picture.

I even like how the vision can seem a bit invasive and imperialistic, since those are closer to the flaws I want Tim to have than what the New 52 gave him.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Agreed on all counts. I could even see him renaming the We Are Robin kids as the Neon Knights.
    Rogue wears rouge.

BANNED

I'd rather just see him reorganize Young Justice and work to make it a formidable team. Now that he's evolved a bit from his late 90s characterization it would be really interesting to see him take a large scale approach to leading (or at least guiding) Young Justice. His leadership of TT was never that impressive even when his character was good, so we have yet to see the full extent of his abilities in the context of a team.

While I'd love to see a Rebirth version of Young Justice, I wouldn't want Tim leading it. First, Tim isn't a leader; he's an organizer. Second, YJ works better as a small circle of friends than as a massive organization; it should be where Tim goes when he wants to hang out with his friends, not an organization he spends time managing. Yes, even if YJ gets reimagined incorporate the TV show's “JL farm team” concept. Heck, especially if they do that.
    Rogue wears rouge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    While I'd love to see a Rebirth version of Young Justice, I wouldn't want Tim leading it. First, Tim isn't a leader; he's an organizer. Second, YJ works better as a small circle of friends than as a massive organization; it should be where Tim goes when he wants to hang out with his friends, not an organization he spends time managing. Yes, even if YJ gets reimagined incorporate the TV show's “JL farm team” concept. Heck, especially if they do that.
    I dunno, I kind of feel like YJ needs a bit more organization if it's to compete with TT. I think it can still have the spirit of the old series even if the stakes/goals are a bit higher this time. A team that's JUST some friends who get together to fight crime might pale in comparison to the premise and stories of TT. They can still do the friends part, definitely. But I think it needs more than that in this climate.

Agreed. But that something more would come from the Justice League's involvement in the team, much like they play an active role with the kids on the first season of the TV series. YJ is not the right place to try to showcase Tim's visionary and organizational talents, largely because the other kids wouldn't take kindly to him trying boss them around, and largely because the League would be handling the management duties.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I think you could put Tim into a Dick Grayson like role for Young Justice, as he was in season 2.

As far as field leader goes, I'd still want that to be a better characterized Wonder Girl. Their dynamic in David's young justice was great.

BANNED

He'll be the Be-All and End-All of everything, as usual. Back just in time to receive the Nobel Prizes for Physics, Chemistry, and Whirled Peas.