Page 2 of 436 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Tim Drake, Total Stud!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    Perhaps, perhaps not....

I don't think that'll come to pass since they JUST solicited a continuing book with him on the cover, but who knows nowadays?
    Awesome image. Which issue is this?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Awesome image. Which issue is this?
    The image is from issue 6 of Futures End. Red Robin is apparently going to die in the possible future which will be depicted in Futures End.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Don't worry. I gots it.

So, now that we're back, anybody else wondering whether Eternal's Tim stories and the Titans relaunch might mean that Tim's back in Batbooks custody? It seemed pretty clear he was firmly under Teen Titans control for the last two years, which is ironic considering his history of making Young Justice follow the Bat-books' directives.

I'm hoping so. I just want someone who writes Gotham stories first and foremost to control Tim's fate.
    I hope so too. Looking forward to his return in Batman Eternal.

Dang, Cassandra is really feeling up on Tim in that pic.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Damn right she is! She wants that which is unclaimable.

I think Blade said it best "Some mother$!#%&*@ are always trying to ice skate uphill." :-)
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 05-02-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Tim Drake is one smooth fellow, the babes are sticking to him like glue.

Batman Eternal #5 Preview

“I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

BANNED

I like the cowl look.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Damn right she is! She wants that which is unclaimable.

I think Blade said it best "Some mother$!#%&*@ are always trying to ice skate uphill." :-)
    Tim is the ultimate player haha, I was actually shipping him and Rose for a second.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I like the cowl look.
    I love the cowl look. It gives him a unique profile among the Robins, kind of like Jason's helmet or Damian's hood. It also plays up the idea that Tim really wants to protect his noggin, both because it's his greatest asset and because he's not the best fighter in the family.

Give it to a good artist like Marcus To and you can see how emotive a cowl can be.

BANNED

I thought Tim was supposed to be gay,

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I thought Tim was supposed to be gay,
    Knowing the New 52 that wouldn't of been surprising but thankfully no. From the pictures I've posted, It's clearly shows that more women have tried to get in Tim's pants then any other member of the Bat-Family, even women from other reality think Tim's a total stud. Tim just values his virginity for some reason I don't remember very well but I think it was somewhere in the Chuck Dixon run.

Extraordinary Member

It's kind of a hilarious situation. There's an article on a comic site about how Tim kind of has a three part reputation in comics.

1) He was pretty much a perpetually confirmed virgin in the pre-Flashpoint continuity, at least in part because Chuck Dixon, who pretty much defined the character, felt there was something wrong with giving an underage character an active sex life (gee, I wonder why) and wrote the character as being uber-responsible for his age, so he actually turned down sex with one girlfriend because he didn't they ether of them were ready. Judging from the context of the issue, he was right.

2) Not being a horn dog like Dick later combined with his characterization of an emotionally traumatized survivor of his friends' and parents' deaths, making him a woobie of epic proportions. Then when Geoff Johns ratcheted up the angst in Teen Titans and started the very soapy "Imma clone my best bud" storyline, yaoi fan girls went nuts. They're still a minority, but they're very vocal and love to write fanfiction. You have to wade through about 3 or 4 of these stories if you want a straight Tim Drake story.

3) Hilariously, Tim's love live seems set up for numerous ladies being attracted to him while also for some reason trying to hurt him. Steph hit him in the face with a brick and later accidentally punched him in the face. Dava was a magic zombie trying to kill Robin while dating Tim Drake. Secret had a crush on him that turned into a "destroy all Young Justice." Both Lynxes tried to beat him down before or after flirting with him, though the second was much more enthusiastic about the make-out thing than the former. Jubilee was compelled by the physical manifestation of the Marvel universe to defeat him, but she still liked him enough to fall for him in a few separated panels. He's seen both Promise and her sister nude and they've both tried to hurt him. And then there's the times he's been kiss ambushed by Steph, Tam, and Arrowette.

All in all, it's a shame Lobdell shoved in that Trigon rape into Teen Titans and tried to sweep it under the rug afterwards. FabNic obviously thought it would be a bigger moment and wrote his part of the story to let the audience know something was deeply wrong with Tim. And then Lobdell apparently figured "nah" and tried to pull a Marvel and justify the relationship and hook them up again.

Yuck.

I like the Wonder Girl / Red Robin relationship in New 52. I even like Red Robin in New52 because he is a cocky jerk which is awesome. He is Batman's sidekick, so naturally you would think he is cocky and arrogant.