Page 223 of 436 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 6532

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    Lol, now that's funny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You know, I think Tim really does come in just behind Bruce and Cass in terms of the sheer number of people who have trained him. And it was great! Sure as Hell's better than him being an Olympic level athlete before even joining up with Bruce...
    Curious how Dick is the one with less teachers when even the stray kid from Crime Alley had the luxury of having a number of them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Curious how Dick is the one with less teachers when even the stray kid from Crime Alley had the luxury of having a number of them.
    Dick doesn't need numerous teachers. He just needed the best and luckily Batman is the best. Batman taught him everything, which is why he is the most well rounded and seen as equal to Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Dick doesn't need numerous teachers. He just needed the best and luckily Batman is the best. Batman taught him everything, which is why he is the most well rounded and seen as equal to Batman.
    Yeah, he doesn`t need teachers that`s why he went to "better than Batman" Raptor, because he`s his equal

Yuck, I really hope we will never see this Tim ever again.

My buddy drew this up in poster form for me. It's lit. Thought I'd share Robin.jpg
    Below it is my Robin first appearance collection

Dick Grayson (1995 reprint, i don't have 60k to buy an actual 27 lol)
    Tim Drake
    Tim Drake Red Robin
    Nightwing
    Jason Todd
    Steph
    Damian
    Duke Thomas
    Last edited by thefiresky; 06-30-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Yeah, he doesn`t need teachers that`s why he went to "better than Batman" Raptor, because he`s his equal
    Dicks long history makes it complicated especially when you try to retell his origins but overall he was basically an understudy to Batman & Superman for most of his formative years so as a combination of training and exposure to other cultures that was all he needed.

God, what a bunch of disgraceful characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    God, what a bunch of disgraceful characters.
    Re-posted from the Bart Allen thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

Extraordinary Member

Weirdly enough, I kind of feel like defending the Wonder Girl arc on Teen Titans, but almost exclusively because of who wrote the dialogue to Lobdell's fairly bland story after the immediately forgettable kickoff-- Fabian Nicieza, from the Red Robin solo. I can't help but feel like he's occasionally throwing some shade at the story's concepts and characterizations by having Red Robin and Superboy mock everything about Cassie's love story and Diesel as an antagonist. Heck, even Diesel kind of makes some jokes about how ridiculous his getup and plans are under Nicieza's pen. It makes sense; Nicieza is the guy who wrote for Rob Liefeld when Deadpool appeared, so FabNic's used to compensating for subpar storytelling with just enough self-parody and humor to stave off a total failure.

Even the last issue where FabNic scripted the events and characterizations, the infamous issue where Tim and Cassie become victims of Trigon-fueled sexual assault upon one another, I was willing to give the arc a bit of a mercy period because FabNic clearly wrote Tim as off his rocker in a possession-sense and it looked like Red X was coming along as an explanation. I would have forgiven that issue a lot of faults if Lobdell's story and Nicieza's dialogue could believably create an interesting "Red Robin gains a super-powered evil side called Red X and all the **** you just read was him being manipulated into doing something bad!"

Then the arc dropped Nicieza and became an absolute suck-fest of a Trigon adaptation: with Nicieza gone, any self-awareness vanished, we had a Psimon origin pop up that went nowhere, embarrassingly bad writing from Lobdell himself to accommodate crossover events and moments, and meaningless, meandering plot that ultimately just planted Raven and Beast Boy on the team in New 52 designs and had Raven still be evil, and demonstrated tone deafness by trying to play down and obfuscate the sexual assault. It was a nadir for the series...

...Until the Bar Torr storyline.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Fellow Tim fans - I know it's a fairly big part of Tim's character during the 100 issues of Dixon that he doesn't want to be Robin forever - but I don't recall where he tells Dick that. Or if it's even in Robin, or in Nightwing instead. Can anyone help me out?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Fellow Tim fans - I know it's a fairly big part of Tim's character during the 100 issues of Dixon that he doesn't want to be Robin forever - but I don't recall where he tells Dick that. Or if it's even in Robin, or in Nightwing instead. Can anyone help me out?
    Nightwing #6

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Weirdly enough, I kind of feel like defending the Wonder Girl arc on Teen Titans, but almost exclusively because of who wrote the dialogue to Lobdell's fairly bland story after the immediately forgettable kickoff-- Fabian Nicieza, from the Red Robin solo. I can't help but feel like he's occasionally throwing some shade at the story's concepts and characterizations by having Red Robin and Superboy mock everything about Cassie's love story and Diesel as an antagonist. Heck, even Diesel kind of makes some jokes about how ridiculous his getup and plans are under Nicieza's pen. It makes sense; Nicieza is the guy who wrote for Rob Liefeld when Deadpool appeared, so FabNic's used to compensating for subpar storytelling with just enough self-parody and humor to stave off a total failure.

Even the last issue where FabNic scripted the events and characterizations, the infamous issue where Tim and Cassie become victims of Trigon-fueled sexual assault upon one another, I was willing to give the arc a bit of a mercy period because FabNic clearly wrote Tim as off his rocker in a possession-sense and it looked like Red X was coming along as an explanation. I would have forgiven that issue a lot of faults if Lobdell's story and Nicieza's dialogue could believably create an interesting "Red Robin gains a super-powered evil side called Red X and all the **** you just read was him being manipulated into doing something bad!"

Then the arc dropped Nicieza and became an absolute suck-fest of a Trigon adaptation: with Nicieza gone, any self-awareness vanished, we had a Psimon origin pop up that went nowhere, embarrassingly bad writing from Lobdell himself to accommodate crossover events and moments, and meaningless, meandering plot that ultimately just planted Raven and Beast Boy on the team in New 52 designs and had Raven still be evil, and demonstrated tone deafness by trying to play down and obfuscate the sexual assault. It was a nadir for the series...

...Until the Bar Torr storyline.
    But Tim acted this way through the whole New52. Dc allowed Lobdell to turn an adorable, sweet, humble person into an arrogant, unbearable, egoistic, narcissistic jerk. Oh, and he was a serious psychopath, too.
    Last edited by shadowsgirl; 07-01-2017 at 03:47 AM.