Page 252 of 436 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 6532
    Extraordinary Member

Sooo....

Fascist Batman Tim Drake confirmed. And he's got a major hatred for the Colony. It sure feels like they're embracing the idea that Tim has some control freak tendencies that he'll be struggling with after his return.

Please reference his Red Robin solo as being back in continuity.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Sooo....

Fascist Batman Tim Drake confirmed. And he's got a major hatred for the Colony. It sure feels like they're embracing the idea that Tim has some control freak tendencies that he'll be struggling with after his return.

Please reference his Red Robin solo as being back in continuity.
    Really?, cool, that always has been my idea of an evil Tim.

I agreed with you about the Red Robin series, too

BANNED

Not sure if I want them to bring Red Robin back into continuity right now. Mostly because we all know they'd skim around the Cass guest spots and say everything BUT those are canon, and that'd piss me off.

Extraordinary Member

They'd also have to discount all the stuff with Steph and Babs. And that's a good chunk of the old Robin solo as well.

I really wish they'd just do something crazy like let Tim recover all his memories from Pre-Flashpoint, and just have his competing memories from two separate timelines play into his characterization.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

yeah, it simply wouldn't make sense having any red robin stories in continuity

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    They'd also have to discount all the stuff with Steph and Babs. And that's a good chunk of the old Robin solo as well.

I really wish they'd just do something crazy like let Tim recover all his memories from Pre-Flashpoint, and just have his competing memories from two separate timelines play into his characterization.
    Yeah. We're coming up on Doomsday Clock, which I believe will be the Rebirth resolution, so I wish they'd get started on whatever it is they're going to do.

AND not have it crap all over the people who already had it crappy.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

timthumb-2.jpg

DETECTIVE COMICS #968

Written by JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by ALVARO MARTINEZ and RAUL FERNANDEZ
    Cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    JUSTICE LEAGUE variant cover by CULLY HAMNER

“A LONELY PLACE OF LIVING” finale! Tim Drake is back on Earth — but if the deadly threat he brought back with him from outside of time has its way, it won’t be for long…and this shadowy figure wants to take one of Batman’s team down with him, too! Everything Tim died for the first time is at risk, if he can’t survive this attack!

On sale NOVEMBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    timthumb-2.jpg

DETECTIVE COMICS #968

Written by JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by ALVARO MARTINEZ and RAUL FERNANDEZ
    Cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    JUSTICE LEAGUE variant cover by CULLY HAMNER

“A LONELY PLACE OF LIVING” finale! Tim Drake is back on Earth — but if the deadly threat he brought back with him from outside of time has its way, it won’t be for long…and this shadowy figure wants to take one of Batman’s team down with him, too! Everything Tim died for the first time is at risk, if he can’t survive this attack!

On sale NOVEMBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Looks exciting! I cant wait!

BANNED

Soooooo, Tim's bringing back Evil Future Batman Tim with him, and he's going to try to kill Kate. Got it.

Honestly, the only thing surprising here is that Steph is on the cover. And with Tim back, that means we may very well have an 8 person team going into the next arc. OYE!

Also, I REALLY hope Tim wasn't put in limbo for a year just to set-up this next arc of 'Tec, and is actually going to contribute something big to the Rebirth plot from all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Soooooo, Tim's bringing back Evil Future Batman Tim with him, and he's going to try to kill Kate. Got it.
    That's an assumption and you know it. A reasonable one maybe, but still.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

Honestly, the only thing surprising here is that Steph is on the cover. And with Tim back, that means we may very well have an 8 person team going into the next arc. OYE!

Also, I REALLY hope Tim wasn't put in limbo for a year just to set-up this next arc of 'Tec, and is actually going to contribute something big to the Rebirth plot from all of this.
    It wont have anything to do with Rebirth I bet.

Well dude, it made sense, DC would never portrayed Batman as evil and Dick is like pure hope this days or something (whatever Seely was trying to sell in Grayson), Jason being the bad guy is too obvious (and very last universe), Damian is busy being Terry's archnemesis in BB, so that let us with Tim being the bad guy.

Well the other option is Stepth, but we know that she wasn't a Robin
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-16-2017 at 11:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well dude, it made sense, DC would never portrayed Batman as evil and Dick is like pure hope this days or something (whatever Seely was trying to sell in Grayson), Jason being the bad guy is too obvious (and very last universe), Damian is busy being Terry's archnemesis in BB, so that let us with Tim being the bad guy.
    And DC now knows better (Hopefully) than to nonsensically make Cass a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well the other option is Stepth, but we know that she isn't a Robin
    Gives the middle finger salute.

Really though, how hilarious would it be to see a dystopian future ruled by an evil version of Batman who made her original costume eggplant because purple would have been dumb.

BANNED

I think Beyond Damian,Nightwings upcoming mini and this upcoming Tim story prove that making someone a bad guy isn't a bad idea. Cassandra's downfall had nothing to do with her being evil.

Regardless where did you get the Tec solicit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I think Beyond Damian,Nightwings upcoming mini and this upcoming Tim story prove that making someone a bad guy isn't a bad idea. Cassandra's downfall had nothing to do with her being evil.
    Well 1) Notice how none of those are the main timeline versions of those characters, and 2) I agree that it COULD have worked (temporarily) had Beechen done any research whatsoever and not gotten literally everything wrong.