Page 343 of 436 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 6532

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not as bad as them getting the entire synopsis of an issue wrong.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Seems to be tacit confirmation that Tynion is writing Tim as Robin instead of Red Robin; it's strictly a nominal marketing name now. Doesn't mean anything. Unless they start treating it as a graduation.
    But was it really a graduation, though?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I dunno, it was more like Tim taking a bad situation and making the best out of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, it was more like Tim taking a bad situation and making the best out of it.
    Honestly the only one with a well-done graduation still remains Dick.

Jason: Has a now iconic mantle, but he was dead for over a decade between roles.
    Barbara: Got the biggest upgrade out of anyone, but Oracle wasn't even a thought when Killing Joke was written.
    Cass: Took on a random name as part of Batman Inc because of DC's malice. Then got rebooted to a role lesser than where she started, and is about to get yet another codename.
    Tim: Like you said, making the best out of a bad situation with Damian storming in.
    Steph: Definitely fits the 'graduation' bill, but, along with Damian, she's one of the ones who stole a mantle from someone else and it was done even worse than in Damian and Tim's case.

Jason: Has a now iconic mantle, but he was dead for over a decade between roles.
    Barbara: Got the biggest upgrade out of anyone, but Oracle wasn't even a thought when Killing Joke was written.
    Cass: Took on a random name as part of Batman Inc because of DC's malice. Then got rebooted to a role lesser than where she started, and is about to get yet another codename.
    Tim: Like you said, making the best out of a bad situation with Damian storming in.
    Steph: Definitely fits the 'graduation' bill, but, along with Damian, she's one of the ones who stole a mantle from someone else and it was done even worse than in Damian and Tim's case.
    Must be a Batfamily thing .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Must be a Batfamily thing .
    I mean Bruce’s graduation involves his parents dying in front of him so...

Extraordinary Member

The way how they passed the Batgirl Mantle from Helena to Cass was imo also not that great.

And Bettes change from Bat-Girl to Flame Bird was also never really shown on panel (and her change to Hawk Fire was kind of point less).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And Bette's change from Bat-Girl to Flame Bird was also never really shown on panel . . .
    That seemed to be a revision resulting from Crisis on Infinite Earths. (Was she ever really still "Bat-Girl" in the past under the post-CoIE story? Did she now start out as "Flamebird" to go with Dick's "Nightwing" identity?)

BANNED

The way how they passed the Batgirl Mantle from Helena to Cass was imo also not that great.
    I agree that Helena got screwed over in how Bruce treated her, but I never really saw her as 'Batgirl' but as trying to fill-in for Batman.
    Last edited by Assam; 12-13-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    It was treated as one, with Tim filling that Nightwing sized hole that Dick left after becoming Batman, but after the reboot it was never treated as such again.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

And Bettes change from Bat-Girl to Flame Bird was also never really shown on panel (and her change to Hawk Fire was kind of point less).
    Aww. I liked the Hawkfire codename and costume. But it was a Trevor McCarthy design, so I thought it was pretty cool-looking. But then again, the way Williams drew Flamebird was beyond gorgeous as well. Man, whatever happens, I really hope that Bette comes back soon!

I agree that Helena got screwed over in how Bruce treated her, but I never really saw her as 'Batgirl' but as trying to fill-in for Batman.
    I actually completely agree with this statement. Helena never really wanted to be a Bat, she wanted to be part of the family, which she finally found in the Birds. That's why I've never tried counting her as a Batgirl. Honestly, Charlie has a better claim to that title, I think (and I don't really count her either).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It was treated as one, with Tim filling that Nightwing sized hole that Dick left after becoming Batman, but after the reboot it was never treated as such again.
    Right there at the end, and I mean the end, we really did have a great foundation and 'hierarchy' for the BatFam. Bruce overseeing Inc, Dick in charge of Gotham, Tim and Cass as his lieutenants in the 'Nightwing' role, Steph and Damian as the ones with further to go, Kate and (Morrison weirdness aside) Jason as the outsiders....I fall into this 'What Could Have Been' mentality so often here just because it'll likely be a long time before we have a set-up as great as that could have been.

Right there at the end, and I mean the end, we really did have a great foundation and 'hierarchy' for the BatFam. Bruce overseeing Inc, Dick in charge of Gotham, Tim and Cass as his lieutenants in the 'Nightwing' role, Steph and Damian as the ones with further to go, Kate and (Morrison weirdness aside) Jason as the outsiders....I fall into this 'What Could Have Been' mentality so often here just because it'll likely be a long time before we have a set-up as great as that could have been.
    More or less agreed, except for Jason, he probably was going to be stuck as a villain for a while, Tim seemed to be the one that was going to lead The Outsiders, althougth considering Inc Vol 2, maybe he was going to be part of then.

BANNED

More or less agreed, except for Jason, he probably was going to be stuck as a villain for a while, Tim seemed to be the one that was going to lead The Outsiders, althougth considering Inc Vol 2, maybe he was going to be part of then.
    I dunno. I kinda think Jason would have gone back sooner rather than later to where he was in Countdown (Which some of his fans seem to really like him in) I think it's more likely that Tim would have gone to the Outsiders while Cass went to Inc considering Morrison specifically wanted to use her, having more plans for her and being the one who blocked Simone from using her in BoP.

Wasn't Morrison already planning to bring Jason back into the Bat-Family even before Flashpoint? Wasn't he already showing that in Inc (Vol. 1) when he was having Batman present the Wingman identity to an unseen person in (possibly) issue #6 of the first volume?