Page 346 of 436 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 6532
    Mighty Member

It's still okay. It's not like he died because of a rock. Thanks Tom Taylor...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Did anyone read the latest Injustice? it had some nice moments but then Injustice did some Injusting, shocking.
    I got a good laugh from it. Its been a minute since Injustice was funny again.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

OK, Tim Drake. I like him. Easily the smartest Robin. And I like smart characters.

But. If we're going to call him "Red Robin" then shouldn't he be in a costume that looks different from a "regular" Robin costume? The double-R emblem just looks BAD.

I hated the New 52 costume too. I didn't hate the Alex Ross "Kingdom Come" costume. If he went back to that, would many of you complain? I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    OK, Tim Drake. I like him. Easily the smartest Robin. And I like smart characters.

But. If we're going to call him "Red Robin" then shouldn't he be in a costume that looks different from a "regular" Robin costume? The double-R emblem just looks BAD.

I hated the New 52 costume too. I didn't hate the Alex Ross "Kingdom Come" costume. If he went back to that, would many of you complain? I wouldn't.
    Yah. I agree 100%. Tim's current getup looks like... well, 'just another Robin'. He needs an upgrade big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Did anyone read the latest Injustice? it had some nice moments but then Injustice did some Injusting, shocking.
    Yeah, what a tease!

Though Admittedly the injustice verse is just so removed and that moment was so out of nowhere that I kinda just laughed. Like god dammit, of course. Of course spoilers:
    he would get shot and die within two minutes,
    end of spoilers what was I expecting? Though at least the moment between the Titans, and Tim and Bruce was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Yah. I agree 100%. Tim's current getup looks like... well, 'just another Robin'. He needs an upgrade big time.
    To's RR adjustment was definitely the best "post robin" costume he's had.

Extraordinary Member

I guess I see it now, If you have a bo staff in your hand you must be Tim drake other wise that Damian wayne right there
    He needs a new costume pronto, that looks so much like damian's type of robin costume I am suprised he hasnt had a tantrum about it

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

I guess I see it now, If you have a bo staff in your hand you must be Tim drake other wise that Damian wayne right there
    He needs a new costume pronto, that looks so much like damian's type of robin costume I am suprised he hasnt had a tantrum about it
    Eh, it look more like his original Robin suit that anything else, althougth i agreed with the sentiment.

I don't really see Damian in there. I guess the "stern, condescending, stare" is a patented Damian Robin look, but otherwise it still resembles Tim to me.

That being said, I do think Tim doesn't need to basically be running around in a variant of his old Robin look if he's going to be "Red Robin" instead of just Robin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really see Damian in there. I guess the "stern, condescending, stare" is a patented Damian Robin look, but otherwise it still resembles Tim to me.

That being said, I do think Tim doesn't need to basically be running around in a variant of his old Robin look if he's going to be "Red Robin" instead of just Robin.
    That daiman haircute, thats his cape
    this desighn seems to be taken from the Arkham city look which was also inlfluenced by damian

this desighn seems to be taken from the Arkham city look which was also inlfluenced by damian
    No, it's Tim's cape.

The hood was the only part really influenced by Damian. Everything else in the Arkham designed was pretty much armored versions of Tim's gear.

No it isn't. It's Tim's.

If it seems like it was influenced by Damian , that's because Damian's costume was heavily influenced by Tim's in the first place. As have all modern Robin costumes since Tim's introduction almost 30 years ago.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 12-20-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    To's RR adjustment was definitely the best "post robin" costume he's had.
    To' adjustment was largely a Timm-style streamlining, which maintained the simplified design even more. Kind FO the exact opposite of the New 52 costume, with all the extra strap, bells, whistles, and wings.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Regardless of whose cape it is or what/who influenced it the ere fact that we are having this discussion is evidence enough that he is in dire need of a change. I don't see anyone discussing how Hood or Nightwing's look is inspired by a role they long out grew. Visual aesthetics go a long way in defining and selling a character. Tim isn't Robin yet he still dresses as one except with ya know 2 RRs like some knock off Prada bag. Not good.